• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Gender Phoenix

I'm refusing to eat and I am not sure why

Gender Phoenix

I can't bring myself to eat, to cook, to do much of any thing.

I have plenty of food, and I've been drinking soda but I just can't get myself to eat much and when I try my stomach feels upset but I think that might be psychological.

My depression and anxiety have been heightened lately while I'm also worried about my friends.  But I haven't ever gone so long, eating so little.  I have a fast metabolism and I'm getting progressively sicker.  How do I get the willpower to eat?

This is new to me.  I've never done this before, I've never stopped eating like this.

VickySGV

If it is really bothering you and you are getting sick to your stomach, call your regular doctor.   Also get in touch with your therapist, because it is following a pattern that happens when I am in my depressive episodes. 

While you are waiting for an appointment, probably via video or phone visit, divide your daily food into five portions that are smaller than your usual 3 meals, and eat the food at 5 times instead of 3.  Spacing meals out like that gives you the same nutrition, but you will feel satisfied and not stuffed.  I am diabetic and that is the best way to balance my blood sugar during the day too.

Your concern for your friends is understandable but if you have not had proper nutrition, you will not be able to do things for them that you want to do, and they need you to do.

Gender Phoenix

I'll try smaller spaced out portions.

Thank you for responding.

I had fainted twice from not getting enough calories for my high metabolism.

Its had been 2 or 3 days of that when I posted the opening. I've eaten small amounts since, not enough..

I'll try to do better.

The situation involving my friends got drastically worse before it got before it got any better, but I think where fine now for the most part.  My friends are like family, like a foundation.  I've not built up my own self esteem or willpower high enough yet and I know I need to because their friends not therapists, I can lean on them but I can't rely on them for my own happiness.

VickySGV

I am glad you are feeling better and the friends are doing better as well.  I can understand the problems that seeing people you love in severe distress can do to your eating and stomach. You are very right, that no matter how helpful to you they are, they are not your mental health care team whom you do need to listen to. 

I have to carry glucose tablets in my purse for first-aid use if I feel in danger of fainting or falling.  They are just a quick acting candy that raises my blood sugar just enough to get me to a healthy meal or snack safely.  Call your doctor and see if maybe you should get them or a quick protein source for emergencies.  I get the glucose in bottles of 50 for a couple of $$$ OTC.  The smaller, more frequent meals though are something that every one can use as a safety precaution. 

Take care, you are the ONLY YOU you have got.

Dana Michelle

What about trying milk and vegetable juice? That way you can get protein, calories, and nutrients quickly and don't have to cook or prepare food. It would probably be better to have solid food but if you need to eat but really don't have the energy to cook and eat, milk and vegetable juice will at least give you some nutrition.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 104 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • ElizabethStar
    • Mmindy
    • Just Lee
    • Charlotte Sparkle
    • Rami
    • Liam da potato
    • Katharina
    • Ryan
    • MikaReich
    • Emily michelle
    • MaryEllen
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

PinkDevil
    Newest Member
    PinkDevil

1. Aster Kadish
      Aster Kadish
      (15 years old)
    • Charlotte Sparkle
      So would you say referring to myself as 'a guy who's trans-feminine' instead of a 'trans-gendered guy' is a more accurate label given what I've posted here?
    • Mmindy
      Have a great Summer weekend 🐛🌈🦋
    • Charlotte Sparkle
      I agree labels don't mean a whole lot but I am just trying to clarify whether I'm transgender or not.     Wikipedia says the following about Cross-Dressing:     I could agree with the above if it was just for gratification but what about if deep down you are transgender but unsure on how far to take things and worry about taking things further due to necessity and/or fear.     Wikipedia says the following about Transgender:     Whilst I have no immediate need to transition, often without actually dressing I will look at females and lust to have the same body or hairstyle.  There are no clothes involved but yet I'm thinking things that a normal male would not be thinking.  If I was just a cross-dresser surely I wouldn't be thinking like that either.   I seem to get conflicting statements when trying to find an answer, some websites say being a cross-dresser means your're transgender but other websites say being a cross-dresser does not mean you're transgender!?   I like to think of myself as being transgender but I worry that I'm incorrectly identifying myself hence why I'm seeking some kind of clarification;  in the end I may never get a definitive answer but it's definitely worth asking the question.   Lotte x
    • ElizabethStar
      Hi Tess, Welcome. This place is amazing. I've only been here a few weeks myself. Everyone here has been so nice and helpful.   💖~Liz~
    • DeeDee
      Hi Lotte, pleased to meet you.  The correct label at the moment is probably the "questioning" one.  Admitting that you dress up for more than just excitement can be a bit of an eye opener and take a while to adjust to, it certainly did for me  - I did not start to question my gender until I turned 40 then I was hit by a tsunami of feelings that I have tried to be honest as I explore them, and I still yoyo sometimes, I never saw myself as anything other than male - its what the world called me and what they saw, so it was how I triewd to act - I always struggled with feelings of not being good enough as a guy though, it seemed to take me more work to find some lads to fit in with.. I am starting to understand that these feelings are probably dysphoria, I believe Vicky has called translated in the past as "Terrible Burden". Which feels right.  Essentially there is no right or wrong way to be trans. From what I've seen the transgender term is used to cover everyone from full transitioners and non binary or gender conforming to ocassional crossdressing, accepting that you are somewhere under that umbrella can take time, then you may want to experiment to find out where you are most comfortable before you start to give yourself a label. You do not have to transition just because you have accepted that you are transgender, but the statistics are not good for those who ignore it and do not find their comfortable place...
    • KayC
      Hi @Charlotte Sparkle I had the exact same problem when creating my profile .. what AM I?  After changing my profile marker a couple of times I settled on Transfeminine (after some research) because that's the way I felt the most. Be even at that, I don't like labels.  Also, I am just starting therapy which I think (hope) will help me understand where I'm at and where I'm going.   Those things are more important to me than the actual label. Wish you all the best❣️
    • KayC
      Hi Tess! and Welcome! From reading your About Me page I see we have some commonality in our experiences and issues with our spouses.   You're not alone, so I hope you can find great experiences and advice on these Forum pages.  I have found them extremely helpful just over a few months.  Deep breaths .. One step at a time❣️
    • Tori M
      I enjoy reading, so when I was beginning transition I bought several books written by transgender women.  Reading their life stories gave me a lot to reflect on and insight into the journey ahead.  Then I would write in my own journals.  That kept my mind busy, helped me find myself and discover the real me.
    • KayC
      Hi Charlotte! and Welcome!   Really happy to have you here.    Looking forward to hearing more from you❣️
    • KayC
      That was such an important Supreme Court ruling.  Hope the DoD listens and acts!  
    • KayC
      For me, this is the hardest part too.  That my dysphoria involves somebody else ... somebody I love and I don't want to lose and that I feel responsible for her unhappiness about this.  Its a double whammy of stress and anxiety on top of what is already there. Aggam, I think if we both stay anchored in the 3 main points you listed, we have a good chance to navigate our way through this.  That's my hope anyway .. for you and me, both❣️
    • KayC
      Congratulations, Mia❣️  
    • KayC
      That's great, Tessa!  Sounds like a Mission Statement.  Hugs❣️
    • KayC
      Thank you, Cyndee!!   and Congratulations @ShawnaLeigh  That's awesome!  
    • Shay
  • Upcoming Events