• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Denisenj

Having second thoughts now !

Denisenj
Well I been on HRT for a little over 2 months. I been walking / riding a bike for exercise . Really not much to report and I won't get into too much detail. Even tho I lost weight my boobs didn't shrink even before going on HRT. Maybe my butt got a little fatter , hard to tell. no change in my areola . Softer skin ?? , I always had soft skin. some shrinkage, and maybe a little bit more emotional. Maybe my boobs got a tiny bit fuller. Now that I got divorced, and lost about 55 lbs my self-esteem went up alot. Girls are starting to noticing me more and give me complements and I like that. Yes I did get a girl ask me how my face is so smooth, I said I use Estee Lauder day wear cream. I had my 4th session of lasor last week on my upper lip. Did I go out and get a nice pedicure when the salons opened up in NJ and the girl picked the color. Yes I have been wearing it out with women's sandals in guy mode for the past week yes, no strange stares a few girl like it. I went to C&B today and bought one girl shorts and 2 tops to wear golfing, no skirts yet LOL.. They can pass for guy or girl clothes no booty shorts. and I got me 2 perfume pens size . I know that if I continue on HRT and transition my chances of finding a girl to love will be slim to none. Another trans woman I could learn to love, but I was always the submissive one and you know what that means. I had 2 blood work done and everything looks good and on the 16th I have a phone call with a DR. I was looking forward to getting my ears pierced and getting a full set of nails with Gel , now I am not sure. Being degraded for years by my EX and being told I was a worthless -awesome person- left me wanting to become a woman, now I feel a whole lot better that my self and finally enjoying life. Being trans is a lot of work, is my dysphoria about being male that severe??? Very confused here, I love to dress up but to live full time might be hard. If I had my own natural hair and I let it grow and had it styled, I would be more comfortable as a woman. so scared ! IF I stop taking HRT will some things reverse!

Abi

It is ok to be scared and have doubts but, I wouldn't go shooting down your chances of finding happiness, too quickly. It is not easy to go through divorce and all the feelings that go with that. Add to that the complexity of trying to be seen by others in a way that makes you happy. It is so much to work through and so frustrating. I find, if I doubt myself ever and want to reassure my heart, I look back to how I felt long before the experiences of the ex. I also rely heavily on advice from many sources. Give yourself time to find the things that bring you joy. 💜

Tori M

Hi @Denisenj.  You're reminding me of my first few months of being out to the world.  Wow, yea, that was a LOT of work.  My partner could get ready for a gala dinner party in 40 minutes while it took me an hour just to get out the door to the store.  Irritated the heck out of her.  MANY hours learning makeup, removing hair, bad hair days, and exhausting shopping for very specific clothes that flattered me.  On top of that, more checks, touchups and adjustments throughout the day, plus operating as a woman in this world just takes more time than it does for men.  Unfortunately, decades of dressing occasionally in private did not prepare me for the reality of full-time womanhood plus the additional requirements of being a trans woman.  This is part of why I say that transition might be the hardest thing that anyone can ever do.  But, it does get easier and the hormones do reduce some of the excess work eventually.

Periods of doubt never go away.  Numerous times I wondered if I could really do all that stuff forever, but one day I thought to myself, "If I am really a woman then I should be able to persevere through anything."  That became my mantra to this day and it has carried me through all the difficulties.  Also, in my case my male dysphoria was bad enough to never want to go back.

Some things do reverse to some extent without hormones (done that), but once you have breasts they don't go away.  Don't give up on love though, it's not as unlikely as you think.  My late partner (that I met online) of 16 years was kind of Bi/Lesbian/Asexual and we were a match made in heaven.  Hang in there, girl!

Susan R
5 hours ago, Denisenj said:

If I had my own natural hair and I let it grow and had it styled, I would be more comfortable as a woman. so scared !

Denise, Don’t be scared. what you quote above was very true for me. My problem was that I didn’t trust my own hair as able to pass as female...especially when it was shorter than my wigs. When I came out to my neighbors, I was afraid to go out in public without wearing one of my wigs as they were very much like my security blanket in some ways.

A nice neighbor couple came over to my place for a visit and I was having a lazy day and wearing my ‘much shorter’ natural hair instead of my usual wig. I was in my own home so I figured I wasn’t going to wear a hot wig on such a warm summer day. They both mentioned to me in different way, “Oh, Your natural hair looks so much better than the wig.”. I still didn’t believe it though.  About a week later, I decided to give it a try during one of my daily walks around the neighborhood. The response to my natural hair was unanimously good. Needless to say, I haven’t worn any of my wigs since.  It was still a little scary but in time all fear disappeared. This can happen for you too. It just takes that first step forward.

1 hour ago, Tori M said:

This is part of why I say that transition might be the hardest thing that anyone can ever do.  But, it does get easier and the hormones do reduce some of the excess work eventually.

Tori is so correct here. Anyone who tells you transition is easy probably isn’t transitioning themselves. It is hard work. Even cis women will admit how hard it is to be a woman. Primping, walking, behaving, gesturing, moving, speaking reacting, etc..like a woman is hard work but is fulfilling. The end result makes us feel good. It does eventually become second nature with a little work and time. In my opinion, it is so worth that little extra. Don’t give up hope yet @Denisenj.

My Best,

Susan R🌷

Carolyn Marie

Denise, do you have a therapist (gender or otherwise)?  If not, I urge you to find one and talk things over with them.  The kinds of doubts you're having and your concerns are just the kinds of things most therapists are good at assisting you with.  These days most therapists can do TeleHealth or Zoom sessions, so you don't even need to live near one to get what you need.  If you do have a therapist I suggest that you talk to them about all the things you mentioned to us.

Like the others have said, this is not easy, and transition is especially hard at times.  Doubts are routine and expected.  I'm glad you reached out to us.  But we here can only do so much.  Whether transition is right for you is something only you can answer, with guidance from a trained therapist.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

KayC
On 7/9/2020 at 9:51 AM, Denisenj said:

Very confused here, I love to dress up but to live full time might be hard.

Hi Denise!  I am not even close to where you are at in the stage of HRT/Transition, but I have had similar thoughts of how difficult it might be to live full-time woman and the effort required.
I have contemplated many different scenarios for myself, but the only thing I've come up with that gives me comfort is ... "Don't make any rules for yourself".
We're already breaking all of the unwritten "rules" of society by choosing to transition.  Why would we want to pile on?

Everybody else's advice and experience here is probably more practical and wise than mine .. but all I have to say is ..

no matter what?  You Go Girl❣️

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • KayC
    • Jackie C.
    • Shay
    • MaryEllen
    • RunValRun
    • Billy
    • MiraM
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Flux3on
    Newest Member
    Flux3on

1. CreepyConfusedKid
      CreepyConfusedKid
      (14 years old)
    2. Jamie james
      Jamie james
      (51 years old)
    3. Jennaroxie
      Jennaroxie
      (34 years old)
    4. Trichakra
      Trichakra
      (41 years old)
    • Jackie C.
      Joan Jett is awesome, so yeah, perfectly understandable.   Hugs!
    • KayC
      Congratulations, Kylie!  so happy to hear that everything went so well and your recovery is going smoothly.  You're an inspiration to everyone here❣️
    • Jackie C.
      T-Shirt bras are super soft and comfy. There's a bit of give in them too, so that's lovely. Good choice! Doesn't come in my size though. <pout>   Hugs!
    • Shay
      That is super great news. I am excited for you. I am waiting for news therapist to get my referral letter and want to see if my old psych will also help me. Congrats. Shay
    • Jackie C.
      Hey @TransMex! I'm glad to see that you're still with us.   Real talk? That's your depression gnawing at your ear. It makes it harder to focus. It makes it hard to love yourself. It makes it hard to pursue your dreams. I get it. I've been where you are. You feel hopeless. Alone. Afraid. You just want to put your burden down. You need the hurting to stop. I let that go on until I was forty-eight. Don't do that, it was a terrible idea.   So yeah, the first steps are the hardest. You need to be talking to a therapist. They don't have to be a gender therapist. That would be ideal, but learning to love yourself is a very important step on your journey. I realize that the depression makes it very hard to take care of yourself, but that first step: Talking to a therapist, helped a lot. Hormones helped a little more. Every step made things just a little better. It got a little easier to take care of myself. It got a little easier to pursue my dreams again. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting better. Every little step helps. After you force yourself to take that first step, every step after comes just a little easier.   HRT should help with the mental static too. Once you can think again, it will be easier for you to plan and work towards your goals. In the meantime, we're always here if you need to talk, OK?   I can see that pretty girl looking back at me in the mirror more often than not. It's a great feeling. I want you to have that feeling too.   Hugs!
    • Sophie Watson
      I actually did get the Diagnosis I was expecting!    I made a video about the experience which is here      But obviously any questions you have I'm happy to answer here no matter how personal.  
    • Lexi C
      Hey Mex your only 27. I didn't start to full transition until 3year ago. I am 57. Your young which is the best time I think to start transition. I am not sure if you are American Citizen or not. Your grammar is well verse. But if you are and you live in Cali. I would look at trying to get on The Affordable  Care Health plan or Obama ( Heath Care L.A) plan . They will pay for HRT , Gender therapist  and if you qualify they will pay up to 80% of all your surgeries , which included, Female Fascial Feminization , Vocal, Breast and you bottom.  Regardless, Hardest part ( for me) in my transition is moving forward, not giving up or in to my  dysphoria. The easiest  part is giving up. Be safe, BE Proud and KICK ASS
    • VickySGV
      Sad that it happened, good that some justice is being done, and there will be some closure.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.fox5dc.com/news/montgomery-county-man-pleads-guilty-in-killing-of-transgender-woman     Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      Southwestern University School Of Law, (Los Angeles)  also 1974. 
    • VickySGV
      This page on Trans Pulse was developed to address your need @HollyNoel   https://www.transgenderpulse.com/clothing-size-charts/   At least it is a start. 
    • HollyNoel
      Thank you Sara. You are an angel. I will check the websites to see if they have fittings.
    • HollyNoel
      Elizabeth, i really do like your name. It's so pretty. Anyway thanks for the heads up, I wonder if Target carries my size. Would be sweet to pick up several bras and matching panties. Thank you so much
    • HollyNoel
      SaraAW, the band fit nice around the rib cage. It wasn't snug so I'm guessing it might have been a bit too big but not by much I think. I could get 3 fingers between the band and my chest. The cups were definitely to big. My breast wasn't even clots to filling either one. The calculated said 54DD was my recommended bra. I'm thinking that since walmart has fitting rooms maybe if I explain to the attendant maybe she will let me try on a few different sizes. I can ask, all they can do is say no and if that happens I'll just buy a couple and return them if they don't fit. Most business like to work with trans people and the ones that don't like trans people do work with us out of fear of getting sued. So the next time I'm in Wal-Mart I'm going to grab a few that I like and ask the attendant.
    • TransMex
      Hello everyone. Sorry for not responding to everyone this time. My mind is a mess these days and whenever I start to write things I seem to think of a hundred different things at once. The one tought that is consistent in my mind is suicide. The one thing that keeps repeating in my head is to kill myself, kill myself, kill myself. I seem to be trying to convince myself to do it.   I can't bring myself to feel hope anymore. Whenever I cry I get no catharsis I only sink deeper. I don't think I can get the things I want the most anymore, and I don't think I'm strong enough to get the money I need for surgeries to try and make a future with what I can have. I don't know if life has anything to offer me anymore. Or maybe it's me that won't manage to get anything out of it, because I am weak and lazy. Either way there's nothing left in this world for me.   I'm sorry everyone, for constantly ignoring your words of encouragement and your reminders that women look many different ways. I'm doing my best to move forward at least a little, I'm currently waiting to get the results of my tests. I should get them on monday, and then I'll be able to schedule an appointment with the endocrinologist I found and maybe start hormones. But I feel just as hopeless as before even when I think about that. It's my face. It's just that I'm convinced that the hormones won't be able to fix it and that I can't live as a woman with it. Why am I so obsessed with this? The greatest wish in my heart is to look like the women I see on twitter and outside but it seems to be the one thing that has been denied to me. Why do I feel like I cannot go on living because I can't have that? It's not like I want to be the most beautiful woman in the world or anything I just don't want to look like this. I don't want this face. I want to look like my cousins. Like my aunts. Like my mother.   I should be working so hard to at least try to get close to that, even if I get it when I'm 27 it's better than never getting anything at all, right? It's just that I can never seem to get myself to do anything but waste my time looking for things to entertain my mind instead. I just waste all of my time instead of working for the little hope I have. But when I start thinking about how much I wish I had spent at least the last few years as a young woman and how much I wish I'd worn dresses and cute clothes as a kid and how unlikely it seems that I'll look even close to the way I want, I can't bear those toughts and I start wishing I wasn't alive, and I start trying to convince myself to end my suffering. And so I run away constantly instead. Or maybe I am simply one of the laziest people in the world. I tell myself the reason I've not achieved anything so far is because I've been carrying these feelings all my life but I don't know if that's true. Maybe I am just lazy and so I have not achieved anything nor will I ever achieve anything. Sorry for the wall of text, like I said my mind starts thinking of a hundred different things when I start writing here.
  • Upcoming Events