• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Thanking those amazing people who set up this website

Shay

I cannot say enough about the group who put this forum on line. They literally have saved my life. How do I send them a message telling them how much I appreciate them and thank them personally. I have met such an incredible group of new friends here. Every single person I meet here has been a new treasure and I have more help and support in 2 months then I have had in 68 years.

Thank You From the Bottom of My ❤,

Heather Shay

• Admin
VickySGV

With the possible exception of the actual Founder and creator, Laura, who had to give the site up due to health issues, all of the other Founders are pretty much here and active, so your Thank-you here is reaching the correct eyes.  @Petra Jane @MaryEllen, @Carolyn Marie @Cyndee, and @JJ were up and working by the time I got here five years after it had been put up.  We do have some others who have either moved on in their lives but still join us from time to time, or in three cases who have passed away, but whose care and wisdom still live on in what the rest of us continue to do here. 

I once went to a workshop on religious music presentedby John Michael Talbot - he talked about how powerful music is and when you sing a song someone you may never know will have their life changed. I found out that I had indeed comforted a woman who walked into my church one evening when I was singing a Christian song I wrote called "Dear Lord". She talked to someone in our group later and said she had just lost a child due to illness and had lost a child the year before because of a car accident. She was despondent and didn't know what caused her to walk into church that night. But my song helped her so much and that has been the high point of my entire songwriting career.

And so it is - that I wanted to thank you incredible ladies so you know you have meant so much to me. And to all of those who have passed - Ihope you are smiling down on the joy your work has accomplished.

@JJ

@Petra Jane

@VickySGV

@Carolyn Marie

@Cyndee

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

Thank you, Shay.  We have a wonderful team here, and actually, I feel it's more akin to a family.  But its all the members, past and present, who make this place truly special.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Modesty... Seems to be a common trait here and I love all of you for it.

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

Thanks @Shay and let's not forget @Dev who took the site over from Laura and brought it up to the current standard! But the real heroes are you all, our members who give your support to everyone who comes lookig for help.

@Dev this site is amazing and so user friendly. Thank you so much...

Shay

• Root Admin
MaryEllen

Thank you, Shay. It's heart warming to know that we are helping. We try to provide a safe haven for people to come to for support and answers to questions they may have.

MaryEllen  :) 

I have said it before, but I also want to parrot @Shay's appreciation to @Petra Jane, all the moderators, and Members who make this Forum so beneficial to myself and others❣️❣️❣️

@MaryEllen I have a song I wrote called Safe Harbor. I will check and share and dedicate it to the whole team that makes this site possible..

• Root Admin
MaryEllen

Awesome. Would love to hear it.   :)

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Hi everyone,

I'm not a founder, I only work here.? But I would like to add my voice in that before I found these forums I had thoughts of jumping from the highest building in Grand Rapids. These forums brought me together with all you people here. I was no longer alone, and such thoughts of jumping have not returned since. And everyone here helps give me the courage I never dreamed I could possibly have before. Thank you to everyone!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf ?

@Timber Wolf As Tom Petty said - "I'm Learning to Fly - but I ain't got wings" - and my dear Timber Wolf you now have your wings ...of a different kind ... and I'm sorry I didn't include you as one of those beautiful women who have given my the friendship and love I soarly (pun intended) needed....

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Vicky! Seems like so long ago - and yesterday.

I never meant to drift away and yet I have. More as virus worries and other non-trans issues have become too much the focus of my life.

But I will forever hold this place and the people here in my heart. They did literally save my life. More than anyone knew at the time.

And I have cherished- do cherish though I have not been active for too long- the friend I made here. The remarkable people I have come to know. Each one of those you mentioned among them as you are.

May you all stay well and safe. My thoughts are with you.

With love and gratitude,

Johnny

• Forum Moderator

Thanks Vicky, I'll chime in after JJ (nice to see you Johnny). I've met life long friends here, and this site has meant a lot to me. I do enjoy meeting new people here today and try and help out when I can.

I'll say a big thanks to @Dev and @Petra Jane for doing the IT and administrative functions here and helping to keep us safe. I agree with Carolyn it has been akin to family....

Hugs

Cynthia

@JJ I found out about you when I asked about you and the others who welcomed me here and now that I know of you please accept my personal thanks for without you and the others I might not make it.

To all of you I am glad I asked the question because it sounds like a family reunion of sorts and I am glad I accidentally (synchronicity) facilitated it. It is nice to?let others know when they have done something that feels a lasting joy to another?'s life and ALL of you have my gratitude .

Heather Shay

• Root Admin
MaryEllen

OMG  That is so awesome. Thank you. ❤️

• Forum Moderator

Thanks Heather @Shay.  It is a beautiful sentiment.  We are all stronger together. 

Jani

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)

• KendraML
    • Cloe
    • DragonflyGirl
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BasiliaChopin

1. Joel-FTM
      Joel-FTM
      (50 years old)
    • DragonflyGirl
      I had a nice interaction with the police last night. I wanted to go to the pub but there was an escaped bull charging up and down the towpath making me too scared to leave my boat.   So I called the police and about 40 minutes later a nice young copper knocked on my boat to let me know the farmer had taken the animal away and it was safe for me to go outside.   He addressed me as Miss Gray and we had a bit of a laugh walking into the village where his car was parked. He wished me a pleasant night in the pub and it made me feel all glowy and nice! 
    • Jackie C.
      On the plus side, if you get full depth, your doctor will be checking your prostate from the front.   Hugs!
    • RhondaS
      I've always been emotional so so far for me it's the same.   I do think the genital effects you mentioned are happening. Have had a couple moments of slight breast irritation/pain. And some easing of a tension of possible dysphoria that was so low key but constant that I had tuned it out until it went away. 
    • Mickey
      Seeing everyone's stories about their encounters with the police has me shaking my head in disbelief. Here in Memphis the police have a very bad reputation with Trans people, particularly Trans women. Black Trans women are routinely stopped here, just walking to the grocery store. Given prostitution charges, if not rape by an authority figure.   I know of one girl that was on the way home from the grocery store, with bags of groceries. She was stopped by a cop, who told her that she could perform fellatio on him, or get a prostitution charge. She did what he demanded, and still went to jail with a prostitution charge. Another girl was in jail on a false charge and beaten very badly by a deputy jailer. She filed a lawsuit. Had video evidence and everything. Hell, her story, with the video of her beating, was on the news. When she got out of jail, she filed a lawsuit. And was murdered shortly after she filed it.   I am terrified of having any kind of encounter with the police.
    • Susan R
      Yes, I only mentioned “political beliefs” in case your children were older. It can make all the difference in the world. My oldest daughter has always been bi so I thought for sure she’d be completely accepting. It might have been if it wasn’t for the fact that she married one of the biggest trump supporters this side of the Rockies one week prior to my coming out to the world.   Oh, I believe that is the most accepting age. My grand children are all ages 9 thru 13. My experience says yes there are many successful outcomes in that age range. It’s not as common reading about unsuccessful outcomes with children. I think one of the more important things when you come out to them is to make sure you let them know you’ll always be there for them and your love for them will not change but only grow stronger.   Best of luck, Jade. I know it’ll be emotional and difficult at the beginning but you’ll do fine.   Susan R🌷  
    • KMTAL
      I do not think so. For now, our lives do not matter to many or most of the general public. Sadly I worry if we will need an Emmet Till or Matthew Shepard moment, for people to wake up and start marching.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/09/28/transgender-woman-killed-west-philadelphia-shooting-police-say/   By most counts this is murder #28 this year.  Does anyone outside this community even give a damn?   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/09/28/los-angeles-man-sentenced-25-life-killing-transgender-woman/   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.startribune.com/court-separate-locker-room-violated-transgender-boy-s-right/572564792/     Carolyn Marie
    • Jade Diaz
      I wish I could say I had a better marriage but the truth is it was always pretty rough - mostly because of me and the way I tried to hide the truth from my wife for all those years. The disclosure itself was rough but we got past that rough spot reasonably quickly. We share a common goal of trying to part without causing each other a lot of unnecessary pain (it still hurts of course)   My son is 11 and my daughter is 9. They don't really have "political beliefs" yet but I know this will probably be difficult for them to accept. I have a lot of low key anxiety about it, but at the same time it feels a long way off.   In truth, I spent a decent amount of time reading posts in the forum (including your own previous posts on the topic) - I am left wondering if there have been any "successful" outcomes with children in my age range - I guess your grandchildren would possibly qualify there?   Anyway, thank you for welcoming me. I am looking forward to learning and sharing.
    • Msecret
      Good to know. Thank you again @Abi
    • Dana Michelle
      It turns out that I will have to send pictures of my genitals, but not until I've had several sessions of electrolysis (so the surgeon can see how much progress I'm making). I mentioned my concern to my therapist and she said that anything sent through the health provider's website is very highly encrypted (to comply with HIPPA). I'll probably take the pictures with my desktop computer (which has a lower change of being stolen than a phone) and I'll use the shred command in Linux to delete them once I send them.  
    • Emily michelle
      A sweater dress would be cute. I’ve been drawn to cardigans so far. I have gotten 3 already. I’m pretty much hooked on leggings. I just wish I had the boots to go with them.
    • ElizabethStar
      I've been starting to like fall and the fashions more and more over the last few years.  I have seen so many cute outfits but the one that sticks in my mind is a pair of Uggs, leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. Something about it. Maybe it's the simplicity or the "every girl" look, I don't know. There's just something I love about it.   I really want to get a skirt or two but I just can't decide. I'm drawn to mini and over the knee length ones when I should probably be looking at midis and maxis.   I do, at least, have a sweater dress I crocheted last year. Now that I have some semblance of a female body I can start wearing it.
    • KendraML
      Kendra's life,it has been a discovery of whom I am really.First memories of trying on feminine clothing when I was  14 years and curious how comfortable they were to were.I was in the 8th grade at the time after I got home from school doing my homework first if I had any.Mom was gone at work usually coming home around 6:30 PM.Then it was into my mom's closet trying on a few pieces of clothing of hers on.First one was a very favorite dress of hers,I loved how comfortable it was to wear against my skin and put it back the same way she had it.Then it was a couple tops and skirts of hers putting them the same way she had them.I was lucky too,never got caught in the act knowing when she came home from work.Mom never suspected anything something was going on with me seeing I was normal son of hers.Did try on her bras as well being careful to put them back right as well.Even tried on her heels.This was until I was 15 years old.Things stopped when I was 16 living a life as a normal young man doing anything any male would do thinking I was not really female.Then in 2011,what I did when I was 14 and 15 years old came back.This time it was with trying on my wife's clothes on when she was gone,we were dating and I thought I never got caught.I was wrong,she came home early one day and I thought she was mad at me with the oh crap look on my face at first.Instead,she said I looked good in the dress of hers on I tried on and I would look good dressed as female.Did get the idea of getting a couple of her friends of her involved and I was for it.First stop was to a jewelry store getting my ears pierced.Said clip on earring won't cut it also buying me a pair of 2 inch hoop earrings too.Then it was to a second hand store finding me a black knee length dress also finding the perfect pair of 3 inch black heels to go with the dress.Did get fitted for a bra too also get a pair of panties too.A friend of hers had a brunette wig that said my name on.Another friend of her taught me make up application.Said in 6 weeks I was going out with them for the first time.I thought cool,it took me practice to get everything right.My wife was surprised I got it right in 3 tries.Then it was a Saturday,Kendra finally came out 6 weeks after this happened.All said I looked good dressed as a woman and they were right.I loved it and it was part time at first.Then in 2015,I knew I wanted to stay as Kendra in 2016.Began the hair removal which took a year and told my wife I wanted to be Kendra fulltime in 2016.She fully loved the idea and said I look better as Kendra which I agreed with her 100%.I saw wearing of the male wardrobe was getting boring and liked the female wardrobe better.The plans went great with us and tough part was telling my mom she was going to have a new daughter in her life.She saw me as her son.It was in October of 2015 I told her I was going fulltime as female on January 1st,2016.She was speechless,gave her time and space to think things over on this.Finally on January 1st,2016,I said goodbye to my life as male stepping in a salon with the staff ready.I had good long hair which was washed and permanent hair extensions put in also my hair styled,make up and nails done too.When everything was done I loved the results having a reveal party and was surprised my mom was there.My wife loved it,she loved it right away and everyone else said I must be much happier now.Wife even said I look better as a woman.Then I saw the look on my mom's face and said she thought things over good.Finally told me that she finally accepts it and knows she has a daughter that is finally happy.I was glad she came to terms about it.Kendra and I were in the 3rd year of our marriage when this happened and say it brought us together more.In 2017,had my breast augmentation and a trachea shave done.I have a 16 year old son,he was 12 when I went fulltime,he learned to adjust to the changes very well.I taught him can't live with a struggle in your life holding you back.He usually calls me Kendra most of the time now seeing I live a happy life now.
  • Upcoming Events