• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Forum Updated

Petra Jane

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

Well, after a period of panic, the forum software has been updated.

One major change is that the Dark Theme that was available before was not compatible with the new version so had to be removed before the update could proceed.

I have however, found and added a new version Dark Theme (Bravo 6) and this is available now from the Theme dropdown at the bottom of the page.

Image1.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petra Jane

• Timber Wolf

• Jackie C.

• Shay

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

One suggestion I have for everyone until the Avatar's are remedied is to hit the space button a couple times before writing so your text isn't covered by your avatar. 

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾

• Root Admin
Petra Jane
2 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

One suggestion I have for everyone until the Avatar's are remedied is to hit the space button a couple times before writing so your text isn't covered by your avatar. 

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾

Sorry, can't see this issue?

Image1.png

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Maybe it only happens on phones, or just my phone. Here's a screen shot of my first post from this morning.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾

Screenshot_20200920-221816~2.png

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

I like the look of the place, PJ.  The greenish-blue is a nice contrast.  You'll have to let us know what else has changed, as I haven't noticed anything else yet.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Because I like numbers and statistics, one thing I've noticed since the update is a new topic statistics window shows up on the right, if you highlight the topic in a forum, you can see on what dates the topic was most posted in, or it shows who were the top members that posted in the topic, among other data elements....like example from the coffee's on thread....

op Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Or the Music listening thread.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created 8 yr
  • Last Reply 59 min

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Here's a screen shot of my profile pic. It makes it look like I'm Tim. I don't want to be Tim.😕

Screenshot_20200920-224202~2.png

1 hour ago, Timber Wolf said:

Here's a screen shot of my profile pic. It makes it look like I'm Tim. I don't want to be Tim.😕

I don't either but that is my given name. LOL

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

@Timber Wolf What browser are you using please?

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

I can see part of the "B," you could be Timberly.

Hugs!

@Petra Jane only a few tiny glitches but all in all an amazingly smooth transition (pun intended). Thank you and all of the members of your team.you. R D best

I keep forgetting to scroll down before starting to avoid avatar on phone. It is fine on pc.

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf
11 hours ago, Petra Jane said:

@Timber Wolf What browser are you using please?

I don't know. I don't know what a browser is. I'm about as far the opposite direction from a tech geek as one can get. I use an Android phone, I believe Transpulse comes through chrome. I don't think I can tell you any more than that.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

I don't know. I don't know what a browser is. I'm about as far the opposite direction from a tech geek as one can get. I use an Android phone, I believe Transpulse comes through chrome. I don't think I can tell you any more than that.

My Android Phone comes pre-loaded with three different browsers, BUT, I get the same results you reported using the Chrome app.

Which is weird, because the Chrome browser on my PC that I usually use is working fine.

Hugs!

Emily michelle

I use Safari on my I phone and if I use it in vertical mode my avatar hides the letters but if I use the horizontal mode it doesn’t. If that makes sense. By the way great job!

• Root Admin
Petra Jane
7 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

I use Safari on my I phone and if I use it in vertical mode my avatar hides the letters but if I use the horizontal mode it doesn’t. If that makes sense. By the way great job!

Yes, it makes sense, thank you for checking.

I've just checked on my android phone and the same effect is there too. SO, it seems that for the time being, when using a phone to view the forums, you need to hold your phone in landscape mode, not portrait mode.

PORTRAIT:

portrait.png

LANDSCAPE:

landscape.png

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf
14 hours ago, Petra Jane said:

Yes, it makes sense, thank you for checking.

I've just checked on my android phone and the same effect is there too. SO, it seems that for the time being, when using a phone to view the forums, you need to hold your phone in landscape mode, not portrait mode.

PORTRAIT:

portrait.png

LANDSCAPE:

landscape.png

No joy. Landscape doesn't change it. The first words are still covered up on mine. Can't read 'em.

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

In fact, it's even worse in landscape mode, as the screenshot shows. It's all reduced to a narrow column on the left. I guess I may have to live with it as it is. I just won't be able to read the first words.

Screenshot_20200922-165421.png

• Admin
3 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

n fact, it's even worse in landscape mode, as the screenshot shows. It's all reduced to a narrow column on the left

Petra Jane already found out about the narrowness of the fields, and has restored them.  This was a result of PJ's trying to get it right on phones. 

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

mea culpa, mea culpa!

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

Possibly due to some new effect of the updated software, the default TransPulse Green theme caused any topics with more than one page of posts to be distorted in the topic listingImage1.png

And when moused over, the pages do then show:

Image2.png

BUT they should have been shown in a horizontal line, not a vertical one.

The only way I've found to fix this issue is to re-design the TransPulse Green theme, so if your themes have gone wild, please re-select TransPulse  Default theme.

• Forum Moderator

I blame male coders and their poor understanding of color. 😋

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

My trouble with the avitar's has been fixed. Yay PJ!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 87 Guests (See full list)

• ElizabethStar
    • Ainsley
    • MaryMary
    • Sydneyblue
    • JustineM
    • JJ
    • DeeDee
    • KathyLauren
    • Confused1
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BeckyJayne
    Newest Member
    BeckyJayne

1. Flux3on
      Flux3on
      (17 years old)
    2. JainaC
      JainaC
    3. LaurenTgurl
      LaurenTgurl
      (58 years old)
    • MaryMary
      Well, first of all they are entitled to their opinions but it doesn't change anything at all about my reality and the rest of the society. It's just that, their opinions. Also, a lot of things they say is just simply ignorant. They was I see myself is male (like in the expression AMAB).   So if you are someone who see gender totally biogically then yes, I'm a male. That's something I have no control over and that people imposed on me at my birth. I spent a lot of my teenage years going from doctors to doctors because I had ... anatomy related particularities. I'm not intersex but I know what they are going trough because I lived a good portion of it. Enough, in fact, to know both by experience and knowledge that a lot of what they are saying is just not true.   Examples : 1: I know of a person (let's stay gender neutral for the good of the argument) who was intersex. That person was a lab rat all their childhood and at some point they forced them to have male genitals. They don't have womb because of the way the intersex thing was expressed in their development. Yet, they do have XX chromosome and they do have no womb and do have male genitals.   Now, what happens then you think? To me this is a case that express just where they go wrong with their arguments. That person don't identify as male. They just don't. They don't have a womb, don't have and really never had female genitals. They also express themselves in a very masculine way. But still, they identify themselves as a woman and to them it's a form of medical horror that someone dared give them a male genitalia without their consent when they were young.    So what are they? A woman. Why, really???? Because they identify as such. They do have the XX but nobody knows that except themselves and the 100 doctors they saw growing up, lol And more importantly they knew at 30 years old the fact that they had XX chromosome.   2:   Another intersex person that have gone trough the same process as me or others were born with XX, were assigned male genitalia and they are perfectly happy with that and identify as a man. But, they have XX so biogically they are female no? Yet, nothing... nothing about them is female except the chromosome. Are they a woman or a man? Well, a man because they identify as such.   In conclusion, in my opinion, identities are built in the brain. It's a result of zones of our brains developing a certain way and growing in a certain way. It's not "female" brain or "male" brains. It's just the identity software in the brain that is that way. It's also not necessarely related to the soul or other religious beliefs. It's something physical that happens in the brain. To link gender and identities with biological markers are misleading because like I always say if a woman have a big cancer and they must remove the womb, the genitalia and the breasts she will still be a woman. In fact, it's critical for us to realise that for the well being of that person.   Do my examples deal with exceptions? Yes. Trans persons are also the exception. The last statistic I saw is that we are 0.3% of the total population. For me, it's a question of respect. Be it cancer, intersex, transgender or anything else that might affect identity. It's a very small thing to respect the other and use the right pronouns.   If that person want to be activist and have an opinion then good on them. But, that doesn't change anything. The sad thing here is that they are victim and we also are victim of the simplification we make when talking about biological sex. The chromosomes are a good example. XX, XY, I agree that for most people those are good enough and you can extrapolate the gender based on that. But it's not true for everybody. It's not always that simple and that clear.  Some have XX, some XY, some XXY, some XXX, some just X, I've read some articles where people were having a mix! yes! lol   For me it's a question of respect and letting everybody have a chance to emancipate the way they want. Me, I don't know what are my chromosome yet. My family doctor think I am intersex. Many doctors thaught that over the years. I really don't think so... wishfull thinking is my main thaught about that, lol I know I'm trans (or any other words that express that reality) since I'm very young and my voice didn't matured. I had to learn how to talk with a deep voice. I saw many gynechologists growing up without knowing what they wanted and why they were observing me. I identify as a woman and that's should be enough for everybody.   that was my 2 cents... a long post like that it's more like 10 cents at least. lol  
    • Victoria94
      Hello everyone. Been a while since I went on here and wrote, but it has been a really stressfull time. With both my inner struggle and a lot of working. (Yes I tend to work a lot of night shifts when I need to be by myself and think things over) Wanted to keep everyone updated since you all have been so welcoming and offered so much help and inputs.   Since I told my friend about me ha have been very suportive. I told him I was gonna start growing my hair out, but everytime someone comented on how long my hair have become I usally ended up skinning it off. Which he offered me to use him as an "excuse" in that we had both agreed to save our hair to some donation. And if anyone asked my if I was gonna cut it of soon they should call him.   He also helped me get through to my mother as well and got her to realise that I needed to tell her something. She have been maybe a bit to suportive to be hones.😅 She started telling me about other people in the same situation as me as if she was teaching me about the subject, but dhould have realised that she would be a bit much to handle. Had to stop her when she asked if I wanted her to tell my sister about me. Honestly I know she wants to help, but telling my sister should be up to me. And she is coming home tomorow. I am really wondering how and when to tell her and how she will react. All in all I really start to look brighter on things. Might gonna relocate to a bigger town where there is a comunity I can lean on. But for now I am going to the doctor on monday and ask to be sent up to my therapist again and start up where I left things.   I just have to say thanks to you all as well. It was a little nudge from you all, but it set things in motion again and made me feel better.   Love Victoria
    • MaryMary
      Yes, loved that too. I was waking up at night to feed the babies because I liked holding them skin to skin and singing beatles songs like let it be to them (hey, my name is mary so it's my lullaby song lol) I also went to those meetings moms have with my ex and talked with the girls (mostly listen and sometimes talk). I also took the courses for breastfeeding with my ex and knew everything there is to know about that, lol I also created a Mary profile back then and was on a couple of mom facebook groups. I did everything there was to do back then and still my brain is pretty much always thinking about them, how to best do my job of raising them.   I did everything I could, I was loving having children and still love them more then anything.   The male front to me was just that, a front. One thing I realized at the birth of my son is that the male front was not adapted to do the job of father at all. In fact, the real me, Mary is still 100% better at parenting and being the father then the male front could ever be. The birth of my son was the event that basically made it impossible for the male front to keep his dominent possition in my brain. That was the beginning of the end for him. From the birth of my son and since then it'S been Mary all the way and the male front took less and less place until I came out and it died.   Since I took the breastfeeding courses and all I know full well how though and not as instinctive it is for many woman. We think of breastfeeding as something that's natural and automatic but it's far from the case. Many cis woman are not able to do it at all because they lack the education to do it properly or they just can't for other reasons. That's way back in the days there was such a think as womans that were professionnal breastfeeders. There was also a need for woman to get together and actually learn how to do it from older, more experienced woman.   I'm proud when I look back at how it went for me that I was able to help my ex a lot in being able to do it properly. She breastfed the two and it went very well. Also, it's a good think to be skin to skin with a baby and there's no shame in the baby being close to you and your breast. My ex was collecting her milk when she was not able to breastfeed and I was giving the bottle to them and was very close. It happened once that the baby caught a bit of skin and they are sucking hard lol No wonder some woman find it painfull.   The funny thing is to see a newborn baby try to feed and to see just how bad they are at it in the beginning. It becomes easier with the mother learning but also the baby learning 🤣
    • ElizabethStar
      @AbiI'm in the Northern end of Illinois. My town is allowing it. we've only had one kid so far.
    • KymmieL
      I remember at least twice my mom asking me if I wanted to dress as a girl for begging. Of course, my answer was no. I was to manly to dress as a girl.   my how things change. Well today was a bad anniversary, it was last year. It was the first time I fully dressed and went out. I felt so free and alive.  but came home to my unaccepting  wife and youngest. The defecation hit the rotary oscillator.   Kymmie
    • QuestioningAmber
      I actually have envy too of being able to carry children and the idea of being able to breastfeed a child that I carried. I had a fantasy with my wife that she would have one child, we would then swap body parts, and I would carry the second. I know it is just fantasy, and it is part of the reason I don't feel like we could have children (the list is longer than that) because it would trigger so much discomfort for me.
    • QuestioningAmber
      I distinctly doing a Halloween as a girl and only last like 2 or 3 periods in High School. I even tricked a friend into joining an "all girls" Halloween Party that we threw at our apartment in college and each costume had to be female. Oh the times when Halloween felt like the only safe chance I had to be my feminine self because it was all for fun, right? *shifts eyes back and forth*
    • KathyLauren
      By saying that no trans woman is a woman because “woman” means adult female, they are saying that “adult female” means someone born with a vagina, because that is the only attribute of “women” that trans women do not possess.  Yet they later deny that they are “biological essentialists”, thus leaving “adult female” undefined.  Since their entire discussion rests on the definition of “adult female”, the logic of the entire discussion fails.   I am an adult female, a woman, because I was born with a female mind.  There is plenty of evidence that human brains are gender-dimorphism, supporting the concept of a female mind.
    • Emily michelle
      I really wish I could carry a child. I would gladly take a period too. I asked my endocrinologist if I would be able to breastfeed when my wife and I have a baby. She said that since I’m on spiro I can’t apparently it’s not good for milk and also she doesn’t think I could make enough milk. If something happens and I could I would do it in a heartbeat.
    • Astrid
      One way you can chose to come out is by letter.  This is the way that I chose, and there are several others in the Transpulse community who have done the same.  It gives you a chance to carefully decide what you want to say and how to say it (which can be hard if you come out in a speech when you're nervous).     Hugs, and best wishes on your journey ahead!   Astrid
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Sukey.  Your English is excellent, so congrats on that!  I wish you all the best if you choose to come out to your parents.  Good luck with transitioning in China.  I would imagine it will not be easy.  Please do look around the forums and post questions and comments.  We'll be there to support you.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Jandi
      I always loved watching my ex nursing our children, and was very jealous of her. One time when our 2nd was still a newborn, she was laying on my bare chest and managed to find my nipple.  Yikes!  I was completely taken by surprise.  (I considered myself a straight cis guy at the time) I have never forgotten the feeling - even though there was nothing for her of course. Just thinking about it now…  
    • shelly_koleva83
      I want to add that 'male' and 'man', 'female' and 'woman' are not the same. They are separate and they are a bit related to each other, commonly, but not always. I get that for myself! 
    • shelly_koleva83
      Interesting!  Would you explain to me like perceiving that I am a total dummy, how their premise is false?    I get that the whole 'female' term is build on the pure physiological and anatomical 'distinction' between 'men' and 'women'. So, I don't think that genitals determine people, because I know women born with vaginas who are worst than men as aggressors, bullies, etc. But they build their case on this - overrating people genitals to extent that people think that 'female body' defines ' woman' as a role, identity, etc. So, we are forced to accept that we have what is determined by humans (nature don't put and don't cares about labels. Nature allow us to survive GCSurgery), to be 'male body'/organism who has the genital function to impregnate, eventually, nothing more. Okay! But that is just a function that many of us don't relate at all. Many of us don't relate in this way with their penises at all. If tomorrow I woke up with vagina, I will be as better as that 'philosopher' even better!    Please, share your point of view with more details! Write me on PM if you like! 
    • VickySGV
      She had to include Whitmer as the CIC of the General in order to reach the General. The old "just following orders" defense made infamous at Nuremberg.  It will be interesting if Whitmer's response it to tell the General to knock off the policy though.  My question is why this is in Federal Court when for now it is a state matter.  Legal tactics can be as strange as military tactics.  Lets hope the case becomes moot in the next three months.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.