• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Forum Updated

Petra Jane

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

Well, after a period of panic, the forum software has been updated.

One major change is that the Dark Theme that was available before was not compatible with the new version so had to be removed before the update could proceed.

I have however, found and added a new version Dark Theme (Bravo 6) and this is available now from the Theme dropdown at the bottom of the page.

Image1.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petra Jane

• Timber Wolf

• Shay

• Jackie C.

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

One suggestion I have for everyone until the Avatar's are remedied is to hit the space button a couple times before writing so your text isn't covered by your avatar. 

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾

• Root Admin
Petra Jane
2 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

One suggestion I have for everyone until the Avatar's are remedied is to hit the space button a couple times before writing so your text isn't covered by your avatar. 

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾

Sorry, can't see this issue?

Image1.png

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Maybe it only happens on phones, or just my phone. Here's a screen shot of my first post from this morning.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾

Screenshot_20200920-221816~2.png

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

I like the look of the place, PJ.  The greenish-blue is a nice contrast.  You'll have to let us know what else has changed, as I haven't noticed anything else yet.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Because I like numbers and statistics, one thing I've noticed since the update is a new topic statistics window shows up on the right, if you highlight the topic in a forum, you can see on what dates the topic was most posted in, or it shows who were the top members that posted in the topic, among other data elements....like example from the coffee's on thread....

op Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Or the Music listening thread.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created 8 yr
  • Last Reply 59 min

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Here's a screen shot of my profile pic. It makes it look like I'm Tim. I don't want to be Tim.😕

Screenshot_20200920-224202~2.png

1 hour ago, Timber Wolf said:

Here's a screen shot of my profile pic. It makes it look like I'm Tim. I don't want to be Tim.😕

I don't either but that is my given name. LOL

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

@Timber Wolf What browser are you using please?

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

I can see part of the "B," you could be Timberly.

Hugs!

@Petra Jane only a few tiny glitches but all in all an amazingly smooth transition (pun intended). Thank you and all of the members of your team.you. R D best

I keep forgetting to scroll down before starting to avoid avatar on phone. It is fine on pc.

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf
11 hours ago, Petra Jane said:

@Timber Wolf What browser are you using please?

I don't know. I don't know what a browser is. I'm about as far the opposite direction from a tech geek as one can get. I use an Android phone, I believe Transpulse comes through chrome. I don't think I can tell you any more than that.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

I don't know. I don't know what a browser is. I'm about as far the opposite direction from a tech geek as one can get. I use an Android phone, I believe Transpulse comes through chrome. I don't think I can tell you any more than that.

My Android Phone comes pre-loaded with three different browsers, BUT, I get the same results you reported using the Chrome app.

Which is weird, because the Chrome browser on my PC that I usually use is working fine.

Hugs!

Emily michelle

I use Safari on my I phone and if I use it in vertical mode my avatar hides the letters but if I use the horizontal mode it doesn’t. If that makes sense. By the way great job!

• Root Admin
Petra Jane
7 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

I use Safari on my I phone and if I use it in vertical mode my avatar hides the letters but if I use the horizontal mode it doesn’t. If that makes sense. By the way great job!

Yes, it makes sense, thank you for checking.

I've just checked on my android phone and the same effect is there too. SO, it seems that for the time being, when using a phone to view the forums, you need to hold your phone in landscape mode, not portrait mode.

PORTRAIT:

portrait.png

LANDSCAPE:

landscape.png

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf
14 hours ago, Petra Jane said:

Yes, it makes sense, thank you for checking.

I've just checked on my android phone and the same effect is there too. SO, it seems that for the time being, when using a phone to view the forums, you need to hold your phone in landscape mode, not portrait mode.

PORTRAIT:

portrait.png

LANDSCAPE:

landscape.png

No joy. Landscape doesn't change it. The first words are still covered up on mine. Can't read 'em.

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

In fact, it's even worse in landscape mode, as the screenshot shows. It's all reduced to a narrow column on the left. I guess I may have to live with it as it is. I just won't be able to read the first words.

Screenshot_20200922-165421.png

• Admin
3 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

n fact, it's even worse in landscape mode, as the screenshot shows. It's all reduced to a narrow column on the left

Petra Jane already found out about the narrowness of the fields, and has restored them.  This was a result of PJ's trying to get it right on phones. 

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

mea culpa, mea culpa!

• Root Admin
Petra Jane

Possibly due to some new effect of the updated software, the default TransPulse Green theme caused any topics with more than one page of posts to be distorted in the topic listingImage1.png

And when moused over, the pages do then show:

Image2.png

BUT they should have been shown in a horizontal line, not a vertical one.

The only way I've found to fix this issue is to re-design the TransPulse Green theme, so if your themes have gone wild, please re-select TransPulse  Default theme.

• Forum Moderator

I blame male coders and their poor understanding of color. 😋

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

My trouble with the avitar's has been fixed. Yay PJ!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf 🐾