• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I came out to my Wife 10/22/20

Jayna

I came out to her.
It happened, it’s not perfect. I have to give her time and patience to, I’m so afraid at this minute. These forums have been a treasure grove of good advice, thank you! This could turn out so bad, I hope doesn’t burn down everything we built together.

I have my daughter to lean on, she knew about me for awhile. 
Much Love

Jayna

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jayna said:

I came out to her.
It happened, it’s not perfect. I have to give her time and patience to, I’m so afraid at this minute.

Much respect to you for overcoming any fear and apprehension and taking this big step forward for yourself and your future. You are doing the right thing with your wife by taking it slow. It will help her adjust to her new paradigm. She may be unsure what this all means for you both. Try to reassure her that your love for her will not change. It is the constant in all of this.

Thank you for sharing with us tonight. I know how hard this can be. I hope you will have a good outcome. Please keep us updated if you can.

My Best,

Susan R🌷

Emily michelle

I’m glad you came out to her. I know how hard it is. Hopefully things will go well with her. I never really came out to my wife I just broke down. My wife knew well before hand. Stay strong girl.

ElizabethStar

Hi Jayna. It happened and in then end that's what matters.

From my experience there is never a perfect time or way. I understand giving her time but you might want think about what your pace is as well and talk with her about it. I tried to suppress my feelings as long as I could for the sake of others and it almost ended in a tragedy. If you haven't already and no one's mentioned it you may want to find yourself a therapist to talk with. I was never good at expressing my feelings. When Started coming out I was extremely depressed and almost certainly facing divorce to now my marriage is stronger than ever and I'm living full-time. All in less than a year.

6 hours ago, Jayna said:

I have to give her time and patience to, I’m so afraid at this minute.

Hi Jayna.  I know that feeling well.  I think it was about 6 months ago I came out to my wife (at least about gender dysphoria and wanting therapy, she already knew I was crossdressing).  Its been a roller coaster since, but I can say the hills and valleys are flattening out.  Not quite as "white knuckle" ride as before.

Therapy was/is a great help for me (not just for the gender part, but basic therapy for myself and well being).  Time and patience, and communication, are key.  Hope for the best, but expect there will be times it gets worse ... just know if you love each other, then there is a good chance you will find your way through.

..  Also, don't create a schedule or timeline until you and your wife can hopefully agree on one. @ElizabethStar's experience is a great example.

Wishing you both the best❣️

@Jayna I am proud of you. This is such an incredibly hard thing to do and I want to hug you for your bravery. Take it slow be honest and open and the ladies here are so filled with wisdom I could not have come as far without them.

• Forum Moderator
Timber Wolf

Hope all goes well, Jayna.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf🐾

It was the hardest thing ive ever had to do myself. It takes an incredible amount of courage to do that. Well done. I hope the best for you in this. Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

Thank you!

But how did it go? I know for me it was the longest hundred or so years of my life between "Honey, I'm trans" and "I think I'm OK with that."

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Thank you!

But how did it go? I know for me it was the longest hundred or so years of my life between "Honey, I'm trans" and "I think I'm OK with that."

Hugs!

Omg I’ve been @work since 6:30am I’ll be home in about an hour, she was seriously hostile until after midnight. Our oldest daughter came out as Lesbian in 2006 and my wife took it pretty rough, but the words she used against me shows she still has a lot of homophobia.. my heart is broken honestly, I’m a great (parent) and my younger daughter has my back. I hope m wife spent the day reflecting like I have, I’ll be patient.

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

Well that's tragic. Still, fingers crossed. Maybe she'll have cooled down some.

Hugs! Also luck!

Emily michelle

I hope she relaxed a little bit and you can have a better conversation with her.

@Jayna Support hugs!!  

As you may have read in more than a few posts on this site, seeing an experienced gender therapist (and, even better, having you BOTH attend) can be extremely helpful.  At some point as things (hopefully) cool down a little, perhaps that will be something that can be a step forward.  Your journey just expanded to include your spouse.

More support hugs,

Astrid

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• ElizabethStar
    • Ms Maddie
    • Abi
    • Jani
    • KymmieL
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Lyla
    Newest Member
    Lyla

1. Jill55
      Jill55
      (65 years old)
    2. Oziandra
      Oziandra
      (36 years old)
    • ElizabethStar
      That was really nice of you @Jackie C.. My wife and I decided we are going to be doing Friends-giving next year if the pandemic thing is better by then.
    • Abi
      Is there no one in your life that you can try to discuss your feelings with in person? I'm sure that would be frightening but, it sounds like the only way you will feel like no one is documenting your feelings, in order to use them against you. I hope you get some way to feel trust with opening up. Either way I hope things continue to feel better.
    • Abi
      That's really awesome @Jackie C.. I'm so glad that your family made that exception. Very worth while and she will always be thankful for you all because of that.  💗
    • Jackie C.
      Sure, but only when I went off HRT for surgery. Hot flashes and night sweats. Hot flashes are bad, but manageable. My night sweats are miserable. Like somebody dumped a bucket of water on the bed.   Hugs!
    • Willow
      How about hot flashes?  Anybody get suddenly hot and cranky only to have it go away after a while?  I’ve been having that problem for a little while now.     Liz, when I’m not wearing a bra, I show.  When I am wearing a bra, mine are actually too big in the cup and I put a pad in so nothing shows.   I wish I could get a bra with cups of the right size.   Willow
    • Jackie C.
      We had a really nice (and small) gathering yesterday. We stretched the rules a little. My niece has a friend that would have otherwise spent the holiday alone. Her parents are ... not great ... and she was feeling very alone. She burst into tears when she got back to her car because of how nice we were to her. My emotions are mixed. I'm happy we got to make her day better, but I feel terrible that she was feeling so low that our little act of human compassion brought her to tears. She's an adult and I want to adopt her.   Sure, there was food and we put together a puzzle after dinner but making someone else's day better is what I'm going to treasure.   Hugs!
    • Ms Maddie
      I am in control of myself and my life.  I am a positive person. I have love for myself and others and am healthy to be around. Blessings everywhere.
    • Abi
    • Abi
      It sounds like everyone had a great day yesterday. I'm really happy to have read so many wonderful posts. I had my kids and we spent the day stuffing our faces and watching movies or playing video games. They enjoyed the day I think. I'm always sad when they have to leave but, that is exactly why I make sure I am right here and available to them when they are here. I am sad that I have to miss half of their time since my divorce. In a lot of ways I guess I feel lucky I get that. I am thankful for finding the strength to break free of the harshness I was experiencing. I made coffee this morning and have been cooking bacon in the oven. I will be doing all of my holiday shopping online this year. I hope to avoid store as much as possible for the next few weeks. My ex and her family don't care about the virus and had a gathering of over 15 people yesterday and are doing it again today. I can't control that but, I disagree with such blatant disregard of reality in the name of tradition. At the same time, I do understand how difficult life is for people that are not used to being alone. 
    • Jackie C.
      If only it took US about three seconds of screen time and a grindy noise to get where we need to be...   Oh well. I'm still dressed for the gym in my "If you want a perfect girl, go buy a Barbie" tank (gym time pays off, I can ROCK a tank) and my boot-cut jeans with the neat stitching pattern on the sides.   Hugs!
    • Gabriel
      Welcome Layla!   Yup, going crazy, wearing Google down, being so confused that the brain stops knowing up from down, ... me too. As with many others here, working with a gender therapist was my mind's salvation. It would have overcooked otherwise.   This place has been a wonderful support since I joined. I hope it's as helpful to you
    • Jani
      Looking at the photo you've posted I don't understand why you would be clocked.  As to your body not accepting the hormone you take, please find a doctor that will run some blood tests.  As we age our bodies do change and you might have another issue that needs to be addressed.  All my best to you.   Jani
    • Jani
      I'm sorry to hear this happened @Rosalina101011.  That should never be done, especially in a group at a TDOR.
    • Shay
      Such an underrated artist.......... hits with Ace, Squeeze, Mike & The Mechanics and as a solo.......... what a great writer - also has had 2 songs he wrote covered by the Eagles............ not often you hear a whistle solo......    
    • Shay
      This is an ear worm that won't go away - I love the riff, I love his voice..............    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.