• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Orthodox crossdresser

Chanie

Hi, I’m Chanie. I’ve been crossdressing since before my barmitzvah. I’m very much in the closet. The only people who know about Chanie are my wife and a sister. My wife knows but will not see me dressed, occasionally she will take the children out so I can spend some Chanie time. I know this is a big blessing for me. 
I feel like I’m the only one in my community or anywhere who is pretty much orthodox but have this overpowering need to dress up. 

• Admin

Welcome to the Forums Chanie.  I hope you can use us to handle some of the frustrations you are dealing with.  The psychological needs to be gender variant cut across all lines of ethnicity and religion as this site demonstrates.  I know that Orthodox Judaism is not receptive to Trans people, but here in my So. California area the Reform congregations have been wonderfully accepting.  I belong to a Transgender Chorus here and we have been invited to take part in several Shabbat and Ha Shabbat services by providing special music actually composed by two Cantors who are Trans themselves. 

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Chanie.  I can understand your anxiety about melding your cross dressing with your religious practices and theology.  There have been posts in this forum with links to articles about how Orthodox Rabbis have addressed trans and other LGBT issues.  There are many transgender Jews (and I used that term in the umbrella sense, so it applies to you).  I am one, although I am not practicing the faith.  I have given lectures at many, many Temples, most of which have been Reform.  Vicky is correct that the Reform branch of Judaism is very welcoming, and its Rabbinical Councill has said so firmly and publicly.  That may be an option for you. 

I wish you all the best.

Carolyn Marie

Hi Chanie!  nice to meet you, and Welcome!

I believe you will find this Forum and the Members here to be a great resource for you and your journey. 

On 11/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, Chanie said:

My wife knows but will not see me dressed

I am in a bit of a similar situation as you.  Gender therapy has been a great help for me to find self-acceptance and to also to begin to work within my relationship.  I hope you have access and an opportunity for the same. 

Looking forward to hear more from you.  Deep breaths ... one step at a time❣️

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

• Overalls Bear
    • MaryEllen
    • CallMeKeira
    • Msecret
    • RunValRun
    • Neoncat
    • Cyndee
    • BreM
    • Jordan101
    • Becoming Jordan
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BreM
    Newest Member
    BreM

1. 12amCritter
      12amCritter
      (20 years old)
    2. MistyMinx15
      MistyMinx15
      (42 years old)
    • Jennifer T
      I have no words. 😞 I can only offer prayers for your peace. 
    • Jani
      Is it worth it?  I've got a ton of money invested in myself and I think I received a good value.  As to the grief, the hard part passes and you move forward.  I can't say I've lost anyone.  I will say I've met some amazing people though.  Going with the flow is an option, albeit painful at times.  The choice is ours to make.  
    • Lyla
      I knew I could transition when Christine Jorgensen was news.  I just never felt strongly about it and there was always the internal question of if i may.  Over the years I didn't learn how to fit in but how to play a role.  I've been playing that role for so long I've grown into the part.  Is it worth all the time and money and grief to leave that role behind?  It's so much easier to just go with the flow.
    • BreM
      It is going to like my new job.New boss,she is glad I work with the transgender and crossdresser community very well including the genetic women
    • Jani
      Ahhh, life is a mystery isn't it?   Until I realized I could!  As to hobbies and such I can be like that.  If you tried to put all these thoughts aside, could you?  Quite possibly not, at least at this point.  The question really is how far do you need to go to feel happy?   Answer that and you'll be golden.   Jani
    • Shay
      I want to apologise to @Rosalina101011 and EVERYONE on this site for not reading her posting and misgendered her. I am absolutely ashamed and embarrassed. She is a very beautiful woman and I will never be anywhere near as beautiful. How she can be misgendered is totally beyond me (unless like me you misread the post which I did as I was being interrupted at the time I read the post.  Believe me Rosalina that I meant to?assure you not make fun and I pray I haven't done any more damage. I have suffered with GD my entire life of 68 years and I never want to make it worse. I know how it feels. I am not even to a point where I might even not get clocked and I can't imagine your suffering. Please please please accept my apology.  
    • Lyla
      I'm beginning to feel like I'm trying to solve a mystery.  Looking for clues in my memory.  Looking up information to try to put those clues together.  Possibly even following false leads or red herrings. I am not someone who has always felt that I was misgendered.  I have never felt that I was really female.  I have never felt that I had to transition.  This questioning is something new in my life that I'm unsure is real.  I can look back and see clues pointing towards being transgender but is that enough. The way I've always handled new interests such as hobbies and skill was to find as much information as I could about it, then find other peoples writing about it.  Basically do a lot of research until I felt I had a good handle on what I was getting into.  Then I would go at it whole hog jumping in feet first.  Usually after being involved in whatever the interest was for three years or so I would lose interest and move on to something else. Is that what I'm doing here?  Am I just obsessing about something that interests me?  If I make a decision will I change my mind a few years down the road? Lyla
    • Jackie C.
      Sure, but that only works if you have actual cleavage. Show off. 😜   Hugs!
    • Jandi
      Yes.  My experience has been better than expected as well.
    • Astrid
      I'm happy to report that Jani is spot on.  Our imagination conjurs up all sorts of obstacles that rarely appear.    Best of luck and hugs,    Astrid 
    • Jandi
      Welcome Bre   I have a smaller cellphone.  It fits in my bra okay when necessary.
    • BreM
      I have been asked if I would go back dressed as male and the answer is no.At age 12,I was happy to get my ears pierced for the first time.Sat there and never moved.Age 25,had my first breast augmentation and the trachea shave done.2nd breast augmentation done 2 years ago
    • Astrid
      Welcome, Bre.  We're good listeners and supportive here. Ask and contribute as you want!   Best,   Astrid 
    • BreM
      My life as Bre was not easy at first,I grew up struggling with non accepting parents in my life growing up with two younger sisters.My bio parents wanted me to be the big brother also being rough and tough.This wasn't me at all,at age 10 I started to like the feminine clothing and shoes and my bio parents didn't like that at all.Most of the times I was caught trying on mom's shoes,they would scold me badly.It included trying on my younger sisters dress.I was hurting inside and two ex family friends of theirs,a couple brought me in including my sisters.My bio parents gave up on me.These ex family friends of theirs,said I could go through her closet and try things on which I did.First was her heels and loved it.I was happy thing were getting better.As I got older,the crossdressing was part time at first and knew I had to make a choice later in my life.It was when I was 20,knew I had to make a decision go fulltime as Bre or stay part time as Bre.A talk with my real parents happened,said the ball was in my court with me making the decision with their support.Finally it was going fulltime as Bre.Finally one day brought a few boxes over and dumped my male clothes into them getting  rid of them.It was the happiest day in my life seeing I was going to have a much happier life.Still is and no regrets what I did to this day.
    • Jani
      Good for you!  It can be scary but we need to move forward and its rarely as bad as we imagine.  I hope your journey is a smooth one.   Jani
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.