• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Unhappy With Voice...

Guest LottieZero

Guest LottieZero

Hi all,

Recently (as ever!) I've been practising my female voice, and I've been using it as much as I can in day-to-day life. However, it sounds pretty weird - not greatly male but not particularly female either. I saw a speech therapist for about 2 months, but unfortunately had to stop seeing her due to me moving away. Hopefully I'll get the option to see another one later on, but until then I was hoping I could make some progress.

The thing is, I don't want to post a clip of me on the internet, because of how odd I think the voice sounds, and also because my accent is fairly distinctive (a well-trained ear could probably pinpoint the town I'm from... <_< ) so I was wondering, is there anyone here who would be willing to let me send them a clip of it via email, so that I can get some tips?

Thanks!

Charlotte

Guest ~Brenda~

Sweetheart,

We are all our own critics and are really harsh on ourselves. I am sure that the PM system here would do just fine in lieu of email.

If you want, you may PM me here. OK hon?

HUGS

Brenda

Guest LottieZero
Hi Brenda,

can you attach files with the PM system? If so I'll probably send you one in a few minutes with that file attached. :)

Charlotte

Actually never mind that last post, I've found a solution. :P