• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Southern Vampire Novels

Guest Jess_W

Guest Jess_W

so with this vampire crase going around i really did try to get into it, but twilight was to young for me to get into, and not many other's where any more mature

i tried to watch true blood, but the tv show was eh...

i wondered across dead untill dark, and after falling in love with it found out the show True Blood was semi-loosely made from it.

I'm at the third book now, club dead,

there about a young lousiana bar tender, with the "dis" ability to read minds, who meets, gets involved, and falls in love with a vampire. Vampires have recently become more sociably acceptable with the creation of a fake blood-drink that allows them to stop drinking from humans.

they get into their share of trouble from serial killers (Book 1) an insane anti vampire rhp cult (book 2) and more (im not done with book 3 lol,)

it's filled with the mystery of dean koontz, horror of stephen king, and plenty of romance.

plus eric is hot

Guest Jackson

There is another series similar to The Southern Vampire Series by Charlene Harris (I think that's her name). Look for the Savannah Vampire Series by Raven Hart. It started out with two romance novelists who were friends writing the book together; however, one passed away shortly after the first book was published. The other writer has continued the series.

• 2 years later...

Its not about vampires but its about the southern states its the Benjamin January Series by Barbara Hambly. Its pretty good and there are 13 books at which you can start at any given one and understand what's going on. I suggest them :)

• 2 months later...
Guest Kendra K

While having some time to kill, I read a little ways into the first book and enjoyed it. I'll get to reading the full first book sometime, although it could be a long time considering just how long my reading list is.

I like True Blood.