• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ugh Purses

Guest ~Brenda~

Guest ~Brenda~

OK,

Every few weeks or so, I end up having to dump my purse all over my kitchen table because I can't find something that I know is in my purse. It seems like my purse becomes this black hole where practically half of my apartment ends up in there :unsure: . I even find things in my purse that I had forgotton was in there in the first place

Anyway, I love my purse, but dang, it is amazing how I can end up having this complete meltdown because of it. Now my kitchen table needs to be sorted out because of all of the stuff from my purse.

Purses.. yea,

Brenda

I finally have a purse I love,

Bought it for a whole one dollar.(grin) It is black leather with three

separate compartments inside two on the sides and tons of pockets.

I am surprised at the amount of crud in my purse in any given week.

My favorite pocket is zippered on the side.It holds my id and credit

card and my full assortment of my lip stuff,lipsticks,liners and gloss.

To me,the most important things.(a girl has got to look good after all) :P

Hugs to you Brenda,

Angie

Guest Kayliegh

Angie –

I’ve got to agree with you – I have a few purses, bags, whatever!!! And I always use the ones with the pockets and zippers inside – I like to know that my important items are safe!

That being said, Bernii, I am like you – when I have to have a pursue that matches, I have to dump everything out and start from scratch – ugh!

Men have it so easy! – Everything is in the wallet!!!

Hugs! - Kayleigh

Guest SusanKG

Yeah Brenda,

I know, when they made the saying about something expanding to fill the available space, they had the purse in mind. We know it's so because every woman we have ever met has the same problem. I actually have several bags in a bag: A wallet, with all ID, plastic and cash; make-up in another; and a misc. junk bag. Keys go on a snap inside one big pocket.

I have an idea, let's wear pants with a bunch of pockets, and stuff our lifes in them and ...., well, come to think further, and from way too much experience, I like the purse bunches better. Just keep a clear kitchen table for clean-out time!

SusanKG

• Admin
OK,

Every few weeks or so, I end up having to dump my purse all over my kitchen table because I can't find something that I know is in my purse. It seems like my purse becomes this black hole where practically half of my apartment ends up in there :unsure: . I even find things in my purse that I had forgotton was in there in the first place

Anyway, I love my purse, but dang, it is amazing how I can end up having this complete meltdown because of it. Now my kitchen table needs to be sorted out because of all of the stuff from my purse.

Purses.. yea,

Brenda

LOL. Brenda, I've been accusing my wife of having a black hole in her purse for years. But I know from Einstein that its not possible. :blink:

I guess I'll have to get one of those black hole purses and see for myself. I'm sure I'll end up doing exactly as you are doing right now.

One thing about black holes, once something falls in, not even light can escape, much less lipstick and powder!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Joanna Phipps

Yep I know that feeling well, even though it doesnt look like my bag holds much heaven forbid I need my car keys in a hurry. They are on a good sized carabiner but some days I cannot find them to save my life. The front two zippered pouches have things like my travel sized lotion and other beauty supplies the back zippered one has my cellphone and some other things. It is the three middle ones that seem to be able to swallow a blue whale and not show any indication its there.

Guest Joe Cool

Ha Ha Brenda!

Your poor table! My girlfriend is forever asking me to to look in her bag for(fill in the blank). One day I thought it would be funny to just put random items in there and ask why she needed them in her bag? At first I just pulled out stuff that she actually put in there herself like her lipgloss and pen. I pulled out a package of tissues and then I pulled out planted items. I was like "Why do you have the tv remote in your bag?" and she was puzzeled and was like I have no idea I must have justthrown it in there. Then I pulled out the house phone and asked the same thing and she was like "Wow, I was really out of it this morning." Then I was like I would say so and I pulled out the power drill but I couldn't keep a staight face :P I was busted. I thought it was funny but her...not so much. LOL I keep my cards and money in my wallet but eveything else goes in my pockets. Got to love pockets!

Joe

Guest Joanna Phipps
Ha Ha Brenda!

Your poor table! My girlfriend is forever asking me to to look in her bag for(fill in the blank). One day I thought it would be funny to just put random items in there and ask why she needed them in her bag? At first I just pulled out stuff that she actually put in there herself like her lipgloss and pen. I pulled out a package of tissues and then I pulled out planted items. I was like "Why do you have the tv remote in your bag?" and she was puzzeled and was like I have no idea I must have justthrown it in there. Then I pulled out the house phone and asked the same thing and she was like "Wow, I was really out of it this morning." Then I was like I would say so and I pulled out the power drill but I couldn't keep a staight face :P I was busted. I thought it was funny but her...not so much. LOL I keep my cards and money in my wallet but eveything else goes in my pockets. Got to love pockets!

Joe

meanie, us women have enough issues finding stuff that is supposed to be in our purses with out some smart alec (or in this case joker Joe) planting stuff :D. Pockets what are those for, in my old life I was like you but now if I put something in a pocket i forget it is there because it would normally be in my purse.

Guest Joe Cool

I wasn't trying to be mean. I didn't send her out with the items. I always kid that she is like Mary Poppins with her bag and I am waiting for he to pull a lamp and a coat rack out of them. I love it when she only takes her purse (the small one) maybe clutch I don't know - but then it is "can you hold this?, can you fit this in your pocket?" and then my pants fall down all night long :o I absolutely am a joker but I am the only one who finds myself funny half the time :P

Joe

Guest Charlene_Leona

I have my favorite purse it's a denim purse that at time is so loaded down with stuff I could drop and elephant if I hit it with it. Lots of pockets for lots of my stuff, I even carry my Digital SLR and an extra lens at times. I don't know what I did before I could carry a purse, yea I do I had a backpack that I treated the same way.

Charlene Leona

Guest Joanna Phipps
I have my favorite purse it's a denim purse that at time is so loaded down with stuff I could drop and elephant if I hit it with it. Lots of pockets for lots of my stuff, I even carry my Digital SLR and an extra lens at times. I don't know what I did before I could carry a purse, yea I do I had a backpack that I treated the same way.

Charlene Leona

ghods, catch me out on a photo safari, gadget bag, tripod, purse and maybe some food and water in my pack... yes the gadget bag and purse end up in the pack but it makes things hard to get out if I need them. I dont have room in my purse for my Eos Rebel DSLR plus all of its lenses and other parafanailia(filters, spare cards, spare batteries uno the junk). It only becomes a problem if I have to be to far away from the car :D.

Guest Joanna Phipps
I wasn't trying to be mean. I didn't send her out with the items. I always kid that she is like Mary Poppins with her bag and I am waiting for he to pull a lamp and a coat rack out of them. I love it when she only takes her purse (the small one) maybe clutch I don't know - but then it is "can you hold this?, can you fit this in your pocket?" and then my pants fall down all night long :o I absolutely am a joker but I am the only one who finds myself funny half the time :P

Joe

Just razzin ya Joe

Guest Joanna Phipps
OK,

Purses.. yea,

Brenda

Sis this does raise the question did you have your table reinforced or do you just get a new one after it colapses under the load giggles, ducks n hides

Guest Donna Jean

My bag is a huge shoulder bag wide enough to put file folders in.

I could live out of it if I needed to.

It has so many compartments that I make sure that everything is in it's place and I have no trouble finding anything...Luckily I happen to be very organized!

Donna Jean

I keep my cards and money in my wallet but eveything else goes in my pockets. Got to love pockets!

Joe

Been there done that bought the tee shirt Joe.

Give this lady a purse anytime over all that stuff in my pockets.

(which designers don't think women need anyhow)LOL

Angie

Guest Donna Jean

Pockets are ok for a set of keys, a hankie and a breath mint....

But for REAL gear ...you need a purse!

I carry everything from cosmetics, calculator, US mail stamps, File folders, brushes, combs, mirror, penns writing paper,

phone, protection (No.... the weapon kind), wallet, and that's just the everyday stuff...I also carry things that are "Mission Specific!"

Pockets?

HA!

Donna Jean

Guest Joanna Phipps

It has so many compartments that I make sure that everything is in it's place and I have no trouble finding anything...Luckily I happen to be very organized!

Donna Jean

I have another one that i refer to as my suit case it will hold my laptop, enough room to carry the basics for a quick weekend (after all the rest needs a proper suitcase) and some files. The problem is that its not compartmentalized so what ever small stuff goes in there gets lost in all of the big stuff. Heck I lost my compact and brushes in there once(talk about a disaster when I went to find them...)

I know that feeling but I don't have the good fortune to be hunting for it at home - I have become one of those annoying old ladies that hold up the whole check out line fumbling around in their purses.

Men have it so easy! – Everything is in the wallet!!!

That was what I thought until after years of over-stuffing my wallet, I developed a pinched nerve in my lower back on the side with the wallet and now when I stand too long like when shooting a wedding or working my retail job - I get occasional searing pains in my left thigh.

I did have that checked with my doctor and it started long before HRT.

Joe

Sure you were trying to be mean, Joe - you just don't have it in you. :)

I want one of those Mary Poppins purses because not only did it hold a lamp and coat rack, but she just reached in and whatever she needed was right on top - it was "practically perfect in every way."

I find you very funny - I think you have a great sense of humor. :D:wub:

Lots of pockets for lots of my stuff, I even carry my Digital SLR and an extra lens at times. I don't know what I did before I could carry a purse, yea I do I had a backpack that I treated the same way.
I dont have room in my purse for my Eos Rebel DSLR plus all of its lenses and other parafanailia(filters, spare cards, spare batteries uno the junk).

To Charlene and Joanna I have to say that amateur photographers carry a large bag with all of the things that they might need - you would think that a pro would take just what she does need - well think again!

I carry almost everything that I own on virtually every shoot - I carry two camera bags with only one camera body and the rest accessories.

I had to put all of it into a waterproof backpack when I rode a Zodiak to get to the shore in Antarctica - it almost pulled me overboard with the weight.

OK, Dee Jay, it is time to tell the truth - I spent a week in a motel with you and I have to say that Lizzy and I carried suitcases and you just had that purse!

It has lots of compartments and you may be very organized but you had to carry a schematic diagram to remember where stuff was - and a separate one to show you where the main diagram was stored. :lol:

I love you all and I see the purse as a great way to remove the wallet (a real pain in the behind) but remember if you load it up too much - it will do to your shoulder what my wallet did to my lower back.

So when it comes to purses ladies - "Lighten Up!" :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

but Momma a girl just has to have all her things in there, how else are we to live? sniff, sniff

Carry the 'travel size' bottles not the ones you get at Sam's or Costco - it also helps if you have to go through an airport! :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean
OK, Dee Jay, it is time to tell the truth - I spent a week in a motel with you and I have to say that Lizzy and I carried suitcases and you just had that purse!

It has lots of compartments and you may be very organized but you had to carry a schematic diagram to remember where stuff was - and a separate one to show you where the main diagram was stored. :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

Ok....ok...ok....

So, it has it's own power supply, solar panel, GPS and CCTV....

But....it's handy!

Donna Jean

Guest krisspykriss

I have a large makeup bag that gets cluttered up. I keep all my makeup and other things in it. I carry a different purse sporadically, and carry just the items I need for going out such as phone, keys, whatever makeup I am WEARING, ID, and money of some sort.

I have a large makeup bag that gets cluttered up. I keep all my makeup and other things in it. I carry a different purse sporadically, and carry just the items I need for going out such as phone, keys, whatever makeup I am WEARING, ID, and money of some sort.

I don't own a big makeup bag,but my basic everyday one goes with me everywhere.

Now buy a travel size foundation, and I'll have everything I need in case of an emergency,or

end up staying the night with a friend or lover.Now my bathroom,that is another story.I have

makeup spread out everywhere on my counter.Guess I could use a big makeup bag after all.

Angie

I have 2 purses i really like, one has pockets on either end, i put my glasses in one and my phone in the other, the other purse is smaller, has a nice shoulder strap and i have been using it just about all the time.

Last week my purse seemed kinda heavy so i emptied it out, i had a huge hand full of change, every time i go to the store i just dump it in the bottom when the cashier gives me change, i need to empty it more often.

Paula

Guest krisspykriss
I don't own a big makeup bag,but my basic everyday one goes with me everywhere.

Now buy a travel size foundation, and I'll have everything I need in case of an emergency,or

end up staying the night with a friend or lover.Now my bathroom,that is another story.I have

makeup spread out everywhere on my counter.Guess I could use a big makeup bag after all.

Angie

I have to have a container for it, or the girls and my roommate will have it scattered and missing. Mine looks like a small gun case. It has a place for lipsticks, eye-liners, razors and mascara. Then all cluttered together I have foundations, concealer, eye-shadows, hair spray, protection (both kinds), meds, perfume, shaving gel, body lotion and other things I am sure I forget are in there. It goes with me everywhere I go, but usually stays in the car.

Purses just get what ever I might need while I am parted from my case. I have several and they are kinda outfit/look specific.

hugz,

Chrissy