• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Our Breasts Vs Theirs

Guest angie

Guest Joanna Phipps

First off, I am in my 4th month on HRT and have a midrange Acup already, I am quite ready to take what I am given. As far as progestrone goes I think it depends on the doctor, on my site it have scholarly information that points in both directions.

Guest Donna Jean
Sorry the links have been removed per rule 18 of our site Terms and Conditions. These links are to sites where hormones can be obtained without a prescription. This is not allowed here at Laura's Playground.

MaryEllen

Sorry, Mary Ellen...I had no idea that the text was on a banned site, as I couldn't see them in the first place!

Thanks!

Donna Jean

Guest qRachelp
Of course, I ALWAYS cite my sources when using material other than my own. There must be glitch within the forum program because I definitely cited everything before I clicked "Add Reply".

Here it is, again:

It is thought that estrogens should be taken along with a progestin (a chemical with effects similar to progesterone) such as Provera (medroxyprogesterone). A progestin will tend to maximize breast development due to enlargement of the milk sacs themselves (as opposed to breast fatty tissue) and will approximate more closely the natural female hormone balance. A more natural hormone balance may provide some shielding against some of the hazards mentioned previously. Also progestins greatly reduce male sex drive. I could find no agreement in the literature as to the recommended dosage but higher dosages seem to pose no known risk.

REAL progesterone in the form of capsules is now available, but rather expensive ($1.25 to $5.00 per daily dose). Real progesterone is available as an injection also, at a very low price - the disadvantage is that the effects last only 3-4 days, so an injection twice a week might be called for. Real progesterone has ALL the benefits of progesterone, instead of only some of them as with progestins. Most doctors who give injections use Delalutin (hydroxyprogesterone caproate) instead of real progesterone, but the TS giving herself her own injections might consider using real progesterone instead, because of the reduced costs.

Micronized progesterone is natural progesterone that has been broken down -- or micronized -- to enable your body to metabolize it more easily. Before this process was discovered, women couldn’t take natural progesterone orally because it was absorbed badly and became inactive when swallowed. But now it’s easily available, allowing you to get the benefits of natural progesterone in the ease of a pill. Most often, you get micronized progesterone at a compounding pharmacy -- a pharmacy that formulates its own drugs according to a doctor’s prescription. But in 1998, a micronized natural progesterone called Microgest (Miccronized Progesterone) put out by the large pharmaceutical company Schering, became available, which is good news for women who found it difficult to find a compounding pharmacy in their area. The big advantage of natural Microgest (micronized progesterone) is the lack of side effects. It’s often prescribed to women who have had bad luck with progestins. In addition, it doesn’t inhibit estrogen’s raising of good cholesterol and may help build bone. All of this, plus the normal protective benefits of adding progesterone to your HRT, makes Microgest a good choice.

Use:

Microgest (Micronized Progesterone) is usually taken orally, however it can also be used as a vaginal suppository. In the latter case, the capsule is inserted directly in the vagina.

Possible Side Effects of Depo-Provera:

70% of women of use Depo Provera gain weight. Almost half of the women using Depo Provera gain more than 5 pounds after one year of use. Many women gain more than 10 pounds. Irregular, heavy, or no bleeding are common side effects of Depo Provera. After a year of use, many women stop having periods. Lack of a period becomes increasingly common with longer use. Other side effects of Depo Provera can include headaches, nervousness, mood changes, bloating, hot flashes, decreased interest in sex, breast tenderness, acne, hair loss, and back ache. After the last shot of Depo Provera, it can take over 6 months for the drug to leave the body. Side effects may linger until the drug is completely gone.

(Now my citations BETTER go through, this time....)

XX,

Rachel

WHY ARE MY CITATIONS NOT SHOWING UP?! THAT IS WEIRD. I'm going to put some spacesin between the URL characters. You folks are just gonna have to "copy & paste" the URL to your browser, and then take the spaces out.

SHEESH!!!

Rachel

• Root Admin

Rachel. What part of "Not Allowed" do you not understand. Links to sites that sell hormones without a prescription are not permitted. If you persist in this sort of behavior, you are risking having your account suspended.

MaryEllen

Guest Camicochan
There's a document written by Dr Richard Curtis on GIRES about progesterone www.gires.org.uk/assets/Medpro-Assets/Progesterone.pdf . It's worth reading even without an interest in progesterone, because of the other stuff he says.

So basically progesterone is useless, or even inhibiting, when it comes to breast development? It goes counter to so much elses I've heard, but it makes perfect sense when you consider that natal women don't get progesterone until after the majority of their breast growth has occurred. What I'm getting at is it would be better not to take it?

Guest Donna Jean
So basically progesterone is useless, or even inhibiting, when it comes to breast development? It goes counter to so much elses I've heard, but it makes perfect sense when you consider that natal women don't get progesterone until after the majority of their breast growth has occurred. What I'm getting at is it would be better not to take it?

Honey.......

Me and one of my best girlfriends are on progesterone and the docs say it helps the estrogen do it's work...

There two schools of thought on the effectiveness of it ...one pro...one con...........

If you Google it and read a LOT you'll see that it goes both ways...

Personally I'll err on the side of caution and take them!

Good luck, Hon...

Donna Jean

Honey.......

Me and one of my best girlfriends are on progesterone and the docs say it helps the estrogen do it's work...

There two schools of thought on the effectiveness of it ...one pro...one con...........

If you Google it and read a LOT you'll see that it goes both ways...

Personally I'll err on the side of caution and take them!

Good luck, Hon...

Donna Jean

My doc DrG ,refuses to prescribe progesterone as being unnecessary to a womans transition.

I may add a progesterone to pump up the girls.But I would be DIYing it against her wishes.

I will talk to her about adding it being so far in,it may really do my girls a lot of good.

Angie

Guest Donna Jean
My doc DrG ,refuses to prescribe progesterone as being unnecessary to a womans transition.

I may add a progesterone to pump up the girls.But I would be DIYing it against her wishes.

I will talk to her about adding it being so far in,it may really do my girls a lot of good.

Angie

Angie....all I can say is the girls hurt way more since I was put on it...Mine is a name brand called Prometrium...

It's a natural occurring hormone made from yams...not synthetic...

My doctor says that she swears by them to help "shape the body"...I'm good with that!

HUGGGGGGGGGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest ~Brenda~
WHY ARE MY CITATIONS NOT SHOWING UP?! THAT IS WEIRD. I'm going to put some spacesin between the URL characters. You folks are just gonna have to "copy & paste" the URL to your browser, and then take the spaces out.

SHEESH!!!

Rachel

Nope! This is the very reason why this site is moderated.

Brenda

I have a number of small breasted genetic girl friends...

Meaning all three of these women are an A cup.I thought

of myself as being small,wishing for alot bigger.Then,I see

the way those girls look at mine.It is akin to being my old

self and walking into a room,all the men would stand straighter

and suck in their guts.While the G women push out their breasts,

cup the girls and hope they look bigger.Let me tell you girls,that

really helps me appreciate my pretty little set of B's.When a gg looks

at my breasts as competition,means I look better than I thought.(grin)

Not all women are big breasted as we all know.There are the happy small

breasted women just as well.So if I have to stick with what I have been

given,I can be happy with with I got,ummhmm.

Hugs,

Angie

Wow Angie, good for you girl! May I please ask if there is any difference between the breasts of a GG girls and girls like us?

Love

Lily

Wow Angie, good for you girl! May I please ask if there is any difference between the breasts of a GG girls and girls like us?

Love

Lily

By two years time,our breasts look just about like any other womans.

And just remember Lily,trans womens breasts mature for the first five years.

We all have a long way to go before we reach full maturity.That means we

have a whole lot to look forward to,and will all have very pretty breasts.

Hugs,

Angie

Guest Donna Jean

The thing is that my wife says that gravity has taken it's toll on her breasts...

Real bummer... Ours are coming in like a young woman's and will be upright and pert!

I'm gonna catch heck over that from her!

Dang!

Donna Jean

I cycle progesterone and while I can't swear to it's benefits, I can say that my breasts look fantastic for 11 months on HRT.

I tried Progesterones Microgest,Prometrium,and Medroxyprogestin.

I went as my doc suggested without,and I have very pretty well shaped boobs,there is

even rounding on the bottoms.My ex and daughters told me my girls look like any other

womans, just too dang high and tight for a 53year young woman.Ahh gg's get jealous of

our teenage breasts too it seems.(grin)

Hugs,

Angie

I went as my doc suggested without,and I have very pretty well shaped boobs,there is

even rounding on the bottoms.My ex and daughters told me my girls look like any other

womans, just too dang high and tight for a 53year young woman.Ahh gg's get jealous of

our teenage breasts too it seems.(grin)

Hugs,

Angie

Angie--I would guess your years working out in the gym are paying off for you in terms of the shape and perkiness of your breasts. It is the development of our mammary glands (as opposed to fat) that gives our breasts their female shape but this is greatly enhanced by the development of the pectorial muscles which lie behind and above the mammary tissue. Pectorial muscles push our breasts forward and give them lift naturally like a bra does plus helps to fill out the top half of our breasts and gives us cleavage depending on how close our breasts are together. My c-cups are still perky and don't sag and I am sure this is due to having worked out to develop my pectorial muscles.

Ricka

Guest katie019

i juss think of it as if im just rlly late an need more help than the other girls with it, because havent transitioned yet--waitin till jan. haha (optimism) lol

Hey,

I can't wait for the day I get breast. I've been told by my girlfriend, and even both of my ex-wifes that I have man boobs or so they call them. It's not because I'm overweight- I'm 5'8" 175 Ibs., so thats not having man boobs because I'm overweight. So, I'm just talking about this because I hop it will add to the size that my true female breast will be, I can't wait for them.

Melisa

Guest Nikki A

How am I to know what I will be? The variation between the two sides of my familly is great. Dads side is small chested mothers is fairly large. What should I expect??