• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Brainteaser

Guest viv

During a visit to a mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criteria is that defines if a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub. Then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask the patient to empty the bathtub."

Okay, here's your test:

1. Would you use the spoon?

2. Would you use the teacup?

3. Would you use the bucket?

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would choose the bucket, as it is larger than the spoon."

What was the director's response?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaryEllen

• Flint

• Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Three T-Girls rent a hotel room for the night in Memphis. When they get to the hotel one girl puts $30 on her credit card. Soon the desk clerk calls and asks the girl who used the card to come down. She gets $5 cash back as there was a special he fogot to mention. She goes back up to the room and the bags arrive. They decide to each keep a dollar from the refund and give a $2 tip. Then they all decided to settle on their share of the charge card. It wouldn't work out right.

Each girl oiginall was paying $10 on the total $30 charge. Each got back $1 in cash - meaning they were paying $9 each. They gave a $2 tip on the bags (jointly).

BUT 3 x $9 + $2 = $29

Where was the missing dollar?

{Old riddle - where can you find a room for $30 ??? Wait - Sally did in West Memphis!!!)

Guest Elizabeth K

okay a plane crashes on the boarder between us and canada where do u bury the surviors? :huh:

Grin!

FLASH! Cajun Commuter Plane Crashes in Cemetery, LaRue, Louisiana! No survivors, but so far Cajun Emergency Response team has found 672 bodies.

hee hee

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean

Grin!

FLASH! Cajun Commuter Plane Crashes in Cemetery, LaRue, Louisiana! No survivors, but so far Cajun Emergency Response team has found 672 bodies.

hee hee

Lizzy

LOL!

I hope you're not gonna ask what color was General Lee's white horse...

And who's burried in Grant's tomb....

Dee Jay

Guest Elizabeth K

Not that, but

Do you know the 911 phone number for your area?

And what color was the ole grey mare?

And how many Aggies does it take to eat an armadillo? (three - one to dine, two to watch each way for traffic)

Lizzy

• 3 weeks later...

Suppose the goose ate the grain and the fox ate the goose........ :rolleyes:Then skin the fox sell the pelt and go get a few beers to cool off from all the work of rowing and skinning.... :P

I like , :D ,,,,,,,luv,viv :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Miss_Construe

Three T-Girls rent a hotel room for the night in Memphis. When they get to the hotel one girl puts $30 on her credit card. Soon the desk clerk calls and asks the girl who used the card to come down. She gets $5 cash back as there was a special he forgot to mention. She goes back up to the room and the bags arrive. They decide to each keep a dollar from the refund and give a $2 tip. Then they all decided to settle on their share of the charge card. It wouldn't work out right.

Each girl originally was paying $10 on the total $30 charge. Each got back $1 in cash - meaning they were paying $9 each. They gave a $2 tip on the bags (jointly).

BUT 3 x $9 + $2 = $29

Where was the missing dollar?

{Old riddle - where can you find a room for $30 ??? Wait - Sally did in West Memphis!!!)

They spent a total of $27 with ($30 bill - $3 refund) being the correct equation. Classic misdirection.

8 weights (orbs, etc)

1) weight 3 v 3

- equal weight, compare two remaining

- non-equal weight, compare two of three remaining. if not equal, heavier it is, if both equal, the odd weight out is the winner.

empty the bathtub, where does the water go if not down the drain? I like the 'pull the plug' response, or even 'lock him up'.

Here goes, a physics question:

You are trying for an average speed of 60 mph average speed in two laps around a 2 mile track in your car. Your first lap you averaged 30 mph. How fast do you have to go in order to meet your goal?

Your first response is likely to be misleading.

Amy

Guest Juliana

Umm 90mph? since (90+30)/2 = 60...

Also,

I got this solution to Lizzy's houses and utilities question that involves only digging 1 well...

5HWvU.jpg

I dont know how to get water to the 1st house

Guest Miss_Construe

Umm 90mph? since (90+30)/2 = 60...

Not quite, your not travelling 90 mph for long enough. Was what I answered when I first heard it though.

OK, here we go....

A man is at work.

While working he accidentally snags a hole in his suit, which makes him very very upset. :banghead:

A few moments later, the man is dead.

What did he do for a living?

Guest i is Sam :-)

Ahhhhhhh the thread that got me banned - that was a while ago lol.

And an astronaut, cos a diver would be able to adjust the pressure in his suit to not drown.

Guest Donna Jean

OH....GOD.....NO....NO NO....NO NO NO. I just got rid of two! You mean I have 6 more! Oh the nightmares!

LOL...Hee hee...GAaaaaa ha ha ha ha *snort*...lol...Hee Hee....lol

Guest Donna Jean

OH....GOD.....NO....NO NO....NO NO NO. I just got rid of two! You mean I have 6 more! Oh the nightmares!

LOL...Hee hee...GAaaaaa ha ha ha ha *snort*...lol...Hee Hee....lol

Guest Miss_Construe

Not quite, your not travelling 90 mph for long enough. Was what I answered when I first heard it though.

since

velocity = distance/ time

you would need to go infinitely fast.