• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Terrible Mistakes!

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

This can be gender dysphoria related or not!

Example - it's a mistake to take off a form fitting dress, pulling it over your head, if you DONT take out your earrings first! OWWWW

Hee hee

Lizzy

[know we did something similar - looooong time ago! But I forgot most of it]

Well it is more inexperience that dysphoria after all you have only been at this cross dressing part for around 55 years!

My terrible mistake came form having bought a bra through mail order - the right size but horribly stiff it felt like cardboard and left marks around the cups where it rubbed all day - it also fastened in the back with four hooks.

I had a good deal of trouble getting all of those hooks, I am not that flexible anymore and just imagine trying to get out of it when you have been rubbed raw and you can hear the garage door opening!

I now have very soft cup bras, no underwires and some fasten in the front as well as the sports bras that don't fasten at all.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Making myself all pretty....

Doing my nails ...looking down and painting all nice...looks good so far...

But, uh-oh....my hair is hanging down....

No problem, I'll just run my fingers through it to get it back behind my ears...

UH OH......

Dang....BAD DONNA JEAN...BAD GIRL....NO BISCUIT!!

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I was outside of Providence RI taking a few mandatory days off from work and I was doing laundry at the time at the hotel I was staying at. I was looking good, feeling good. Some Jamaican lady comes into the laundry room where I am and asks me how much longer I'll be and I totally answer in my guy voice.

<_<

Guest ~Brenda~

Mistakes?

Gosh, where do I begin.......

I have made more mistakes in life than I could ever count.

All that I can say is that I rarely repeat the same mistakes. I try learn from my mistakes (hopefully).

Not being my true self for many years has been the greatest mistake of all.

Brenda

Guest NatashaJade

I spent lots and lots of money on clothes this past weekend that I just didn't have to spend. Repeat after me, ladies: Shopping is not a replacement for therapy (but it's so darn fun!).

luv

Gin

Guest Robin Winter
I started drinking, I started smoking, I didn't go to college, gimme a while and I'll think of some more. :D

Stephanie

Ooh, I'm stealing the smoking one. Aaaaand, I went to a private college and paid (or rather, am paying) 10 times more than I would have at a community college, for the same education. Blah.

My first marriage was also a big mistake, though admittedly there wasn't much in the way of consequences from that one, it ended pretty cleanly.

Trying to conform in a world that I just didn't fit into for so many years.

*dramatic music starts playing*

Yep, as a kid, I wanted to fit in. And by fitting in, that meant trying to be a sweet, pretty, popular girl who thought boys were TEH KYOOT and never left the house without makeup. From the age of 9!!!

And it never looked right. I looked like a... well, a boy trying to be a girl. And not a pretty one, at that! Like so many MtF girls who tried to cover up their hearts by being overly macho and DUUUDE, I tried to be girly and LOL KAWAII OMG. It was gruesome. It was suffocating.

By the time I admitted to myself who and what I really was, ignoring what I was born as, a whole new world of happiness and self-acceptance opened up! If this world wasn't ready for me, I would create a new one and conquer it!!

Oh, and also: I never drank milk or did sports as a kid, so I grew up scrawny and anemic.

XD

Biggest mistake- not allowing my own journey and following too many other peoples' ideas for my journey. Caring what others think too much. Getting unfit. Not looking at my self and seeing me for who I am and struggling with then doing it at a later stage in life.

Hi Lizzy,

Oh lots of mistakes . Like to share one that involves dishonesty !!.

Many Many moons ago I sneaked into my sisters bedroom and was in

the act of stealing one of her bras,,,""where do you think you are going

with that ""OMG,, she was awake :o .Well ,,2 things to finish, first I was

mortified for years and 2, I bought my own after that I can tell you . viv :)

ps,,still get a little embarrassed to this day !!

I got to thinking a little more about this and I would have to say that I made thousands of big mistakes while trying to be male and my marriage was one of the biggest.

It was however a distant second to that day in Memphis when I innocently approached the sink to use my deodorant and took one step too close to Lizzy who was armed with a vicious epilator and was more than willing to use it - my chest still hurts and that was in September!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

We seem to look at mistakes as a one off, one time thing.....

Well, I made one.....but it lasted a lifetime...

Kinda like Nero in reverse...

I play acted male my whole life to fit in and deny my condition (that I never understood in the first place)

But years of abuse to my body have taken it's toll...

Walking off a cliff in a drunken stuper, crashing motorcycles, crashing cars, abusing my body in so many unhealthy male ways....

I'm paying for it all now when I need it the most...I need something to transition into...it's not gonna be easy....

My bad

Donna Jean

Guest insanitylives

Trying to spend a year dressing like a more-or-less typical girl (...granted, I went for the OTT sceneish...Actually i still like the wristbands)

Big mistake. Should have just been myself last year.

Nero: agreed on that, well except the milk/sports thing

Had the "bright" idea to think I could fly (no, i wasn't high. I was 9 at the time). Lucky no breaks

I'm sure there's a huge list of stupid crap I've done...

Guest Joanna Phipps

the biggest mistake I've had to deal with was nature putting the wrong body on me... if its my mistakes you want, do you have 6 months?

Taking my sweater off, hooking an earing with out realizing it(the ears had only been pierced bout a week at the time) OYE VAY that hurt

More or less spending the ages 12 to 19 in an intoxicated stupor instead of studying, transitioning, and all that good stuff. I mean, I don't even remember 11th grade- like the entirety of that year just isn't there, which is kind of odd because I actually got pretty good grades.

Oh, and basically everything Neuro said too. I have no idea how many broken bones I've had from calcium defeciency. :D

Guest julia_d

Fishnets and tight boots and missing the train and having to walk miles.. rubbed my poor toes raw.

A short dress and a bag that was determined to make it ride up all the time while I was walking through one of the rougher parts of Salford.. lucky I was wearing tights that day. The whistles from the passing builders vans were nice tho *grins*

Falling asleep on the last train home... and ending up in Liverpool.. 30 miles away after midnight alone on Friday night!! Lucky I'm a confident and passable streetwise girl.

and many many more... like everybody has.

Guest Nikki A
Ooh, I'm stealing the smoking one. Aaaaand, I went to a private college and paid (or rather, am paying) 10 times more than I would have at a community college, for the same education. Blah.

My first marriage was also a big mistake, though admittedly there wasn't much in the way of consequences from that one, it ended pretty cleanly.

RE Stealing the smoking one (the most masculine thing about me is that i do smoke a pipe) which does look mighty rediculous because im very young and fairly femme. and about 11 suicide attempts... yyyeeeaahhhhh, im basically the stupidest smart kid!

more recent less serious mistake, 4 inch heels all day at school DX my feet kiiiillllleeeeedddd!!!!!! lawlz

hugs, Nikki

Guest Joanna Phipps
I spent lots and lots of money on clothes this past weekend that I just didn't have to spend. Repeat after me, ladies: Shopping is not a replacement for therapy (but it's so darn fun!).

luv

Gin

WHAT you mean retail therapy is bogus... OMG.. im gonna have a breakdown now, its always helped me (but not my budget)

Guest insanitylives

luv

Gin

I had honestly thought that 'retail therapy' was made up for TV....

Apparently it wasn't....