• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Would You Date A Transgendered Individual?

Guest Neuro

Would you, hmm?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date a trans person.

• Yes, possibly
    • No
    • I already have/am/am married to one
    • I haven't thought about it

Guest Nicodeme

My wife (okay...so she and I aren't married yet...and she'll legally only ever be my husband. But those are minor details! :P) is actually the person who gave me the stones to come out to my parents and who lets me be myself without having to bind and work on my voice (though she helps me work on my voice, and vice versa). She knows what I'm going through, and she is always the best person to turn to when this gender stuff frustrates me because I never have to explain anything to her. My stress isn't met with confusion or awkwardness like with other people, and I don't get misguided and ineffective attempts at comforting me from her like I do with most everyone else. Only unconditional love and total understanding.

Meeting her made me realize I don't have to put up with this anymore, and she was the support I needed to make the decision. The same is true for her. (Minus the coming out to her parents; she was never subtle about who she was when she was little. And even if she did outright tell them, they would try to ignore it. But she was indecisive about transition until we were together.)

So, yes, I would date someone who was trans...seeing as I already am, and plan to be marrying her. Even though the idea of being married to a woman feels a little odd compared to how being married to a man probably feels for her, 'cause I never really liked girls, and she's always liked guys (and girls, but guys more than girls), I'm not put off by it. The only problem was me getting used to the idea, and now that I have, I can't wait to see how she'll look. I never knew, and probably will never know for sure, what my sexuality is, 'cause there's certainly not a term for it. All I know is that I love her.

And that's all that matters to me.

Guest Isobelle Fox

Nicodeme - that is completely awesome. I'm really, really happy for both of you, and its very inspiring and uplifting to know that such a mutually healthy relationship can exist and thrive in this world. It gives me all kinds of hope : )

Guest JD_Divine

I never thought about it to be honest... Its hard enough getting ANYONE here in Chicago to accept what I am persuing let alone find someone willing to love me regardless... but that is a curious thing to consider...

Well, I've been with my cisgendered, bisexual boyfriend for the past (almost) 2 years and I don't really see us breaking up any time soon... hopefully not ever. However, regarding my opinion on who I see myself capable of loving/dating and not my current relationship status... I'd have to say yes, absolutely. I would definitely date a transgender person.

I think I would date a person of ANY sex or gender, really. For me, it's all about their personality. Their looks play a role too but honestly, not nearly as much as personality. I've always been a weird person in that I think I see very little of the world with my eyes... I've always been very analytical and relied more on determining facts and opinions about everything with very little of it based on vision alone unless vision is specifically important for some reason. I think I don't want someone who's particularly ugly ... But even then I'm flexible. I'd want to know the person before deciding they're a no-go just on looks.

I think that some genders are more likely than others to carry some of the personality traits that I look for in a partner, so the odds of me being attracted to someone of one gender are probably higher then the odds of me being attracted to another. However, no matter what gender or sex they are, I would be able to be romantically attracted to them if their personality and intellect seemed admirable to me.

I DEFINITELY like playing the "femme" role in a relationship. I'm no good as the masculine partner. I bet there's more roles than just those two but I'm using them in this bit because I can reference to them based on past experience. But yeah, mainly I want someone who'll hold me, take care of me, protect me, love me, cherish me... and there's so many other qualities that I look for. Gender and sex are just sort of side notes.

So yes, I am a pansexual transexual. Say that three times fast.

愛 Eth

Guest Anna_Banana

I'd absolutely date a transguy or transgirl! I never look at relationships for sex, no matter who I'm with. I care about forming a loving, long-lasting bond with my partner.

.Anna

Guest NatalieRene

I never really thought much about it. I guess it really just boils down to if I'm attracted to the person and can tolerate their quirks on a daily basis.

Guest ChalenAustin

I would totally adte a trans person!

In fact I don't see myself with anybody else!

Ha ha, Anna you and I seem to have a few things in common already.... :lol:

Of course I would date a trans person- who else?

Guest Joanna Phipps
Yes I definately would date a transperson. I feel that we can understand where each of us are going through and grow together. A genetic woman or man would not fully understand, however I am not saying I would not date a gg or gb but prefer a transperson.

Hugs,

Suzie

The only reason I said no was because I'm married to my partner and we are making long range plans. Im not in the market so I wouldnt date anyone

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

No, because at least in regards to me, I have a bunch of emotional baggage from previous relationships as a result of being TS so I wouldn't imagine being able to deal with my baggage plus someone else's who is in a similar situation.

Maybe I should be dating a bellhop? :D

Guest i is Sam :-)

Sex matters to me, which is why I know I'm going to want SRS, I've never been particularly into the physical act, and much more into the games, the foreplay, pretty much every but intercourse, but I suspect I'll like that bit much more when I'm properly equipped. But being polyamerous, I wouldn't look for a partner based on physical attraction or how good they were in bed, compatibility of spirit is much more important, a 6th sense to know what the other is feeling, the ability to make each other laugh, mutal interests and the ability to argue and debate in a healthy manner, these anre the things I care about. Sex I can get anywhere, of course if I wound up with a monogamous person I'd have to be faithful to them, but to end up with someone like that they would probably be very special.

i look at it like, i would like whoever i like, and if that person happens to be trans, so what?

i'd hope someone wouldn't reject me for that reason, so what kind of a hypocrite would i be if i rejected someone based on that.

just what i think.

peace&love

leigh

Guest Donna Jean
Maybe I should be dating a bellhop? :D

Lizzie...maybe you should check out a Baggage Handler...after all, you are a runway model!

LOVE... :lol:

Donna Jean

Neuro,

I am a MtF and literally met my FtM partner by accident, my partner asked one of the chat mods to give Paula his phone number, well he did and i called it, did not take long to realize it was the wrong Paula, however we both lived in Cleveland and the next group meeting we met, we started going out and now he lives with me and things could not be better.

We have another couple that live with us that are both MtF and have been together a few years.

Having a relationship with another trans can and does happen, i probably will not work for everyone but it works for us.

Paula

Definatly! I think I would prefer it that way.

I can see their being an understanding to eachother with it and being able to feel comfterble around them.

Instead of feeling awkward and stressing over them knowing or not knowing and how they would react if they found out.