• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello Other Vets

Guest lydia

Hi my name is Lydia and I am a vet of RVN 65 and 66. Wow that sounds so long ago. Just thought I would stop by and see if any other vets around. Best to all, Lydia

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pennyjane

• Rhonda

• Bulldog1948

• Zufrieden

hi lydia. i'm pennyjane, '67-'68 usa, first cavalry division AIRMOBILE! lotsa love and hope, pj

Edited by pennyjane

I was initially very confused by the title of this forum. I presumed that transsexual veterans would be bragging, "I had my SRS in 1943", "Well I had mine in 1936". Maybe the word "military" belongs somewhere. (I never was in the military.)

veteran: A person with long experience of a particular activity.

Edited by Zufrieden

blonde here too, jolene. i got the part about "linguistic differences", the rest just went zip, right over this thinning blonde skull. do be kind rhonda. lotsa love and hope, pj

Guest Kiera

I am dark haired, so will try my hand at translation for the benefit of the rest...

Please pardon me if I translate incorrectly....

"A risky assumption, ostensibly bereft of either extant or cursory substantiation.

The title of the thread seemed evinced, unless this is a function of linguistic differences"

Your first impression regarding veterans is kind of tenuous being, apparantly, without verification either by outside knowledge, or even a quick look. The title of this thread seemed to me to be descriptive enough, though I am willing to allow that this may just be an example of linquistic differences.

Huggles and Loves,

Kiera

OK I made the forum title better reflect what this forum is about. It is for military veterans who served or are serving their countries. This group is a lot larger than you'd think. Although many assume that LGBT persons didn't serve the fact is thousands did and many are serving now under the "don't ask don't tell" military policy.

Laura

<giggle> thanks, kiera, you came about half way i think....wait a minute, i'll wet my hair, gets a little darker then. lotsa love and hope, pj..........................ok, on wet hair i think i do get it, and i think laura just made it clearer.

Rhonda please be kind, some of us are really blonde. :D Jolene

[rubbing her forehead, thinking...]

Incoming PM.

Guest Jolene4ever

I agree Laura. When I got drafted in '69. The physical was designed to eliminate the obvious not the emotional, the truth is I meet this 'Nam vet who would go home on weekends and party enfemm. I still wasn't at her stage, so I didn't join her. But that held her together,man. Jolene

Guest SharleahLynn
hi lydia. i'm pennyjane, '67-'68 usa, first cavalry division AIRMOBILE! lotsa love and hope, pj

Penny , hi hi , did not know you were with the 1st Cav. So was I. I was with the 7/17th Air Cav , Ft. Hood , Texas. Will wonders never cease. You go girl . Peace , Love , Hugs , and Kisses

SharleahLynn

Guest SharleahLynn
DDG-944 uss mullinix here proud to welcome you on board and thank you for your service

Karen , we all know that you was just a glorified grease monkey :lol::lol: . You coulda tried your hand at communications . Oh wait, you can't be demented and be in communications ha ha ha . Just funnin ya

SharleahLynn

Guest SharleahLynn
DDG-944 uss mullinix here proud to welcome you on board and thank you for your service

Karen , you was just a glorified grease monkey lol lol lol

SharleahLynn

Guest SharleahLynn
What's wrong with bein' a grease monkey? I am a marine and power engineer. I relish grease or rather I use grease as relish!

We talk to each other like this everyday hon. We live under the same roof lol lol lol

SharleahLynn

Guest laurie

Hi Lydia,

I'm Laurie, new gal on the block. Same time same country. Do you think it was agent orange that turned us into girls?

Oh well I guess the main thing is we enjoy being the gals we are now.

Guest SharleahLynn

Nothin wrong with bein a grease monkey hon, Karen and I do this 24 hours a day , if we didn't , she would think I was mad or something like that . ......SharleahLynn