• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello Other Vets

Guest JoAnnDallas

Hello to all Vets. I served two tours in Vietnam. Both was with the USAF 6994th SS (Electric Goons). This was a TS outfit which finially was declasified in 2002. I was a combo Electronic Tech and Morse Code Intercept Tech. On my second tour I advance to Mission Commander which is funny when you consider the two pilots that flew the EC-47's took direction from me, a SSgt in the USAF. In fact until 1970 the two pilots were not cleared to what we did in back, but knew because the head was in the tail of the plane, so they had to walk past all the operational stations. LOL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pennyjane

• Rhonda

• Bulldog1948

• Zufrieden

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, JoAnn! Well was Air Force in Nam 1969-70 Loadmaster C-130! Hauled junk all over country up to and including people and farm animals. Lots of cargo low level drops right over the runway and lots of small arms fire at us....

Some how this vets forum is kind of strange while soothing at the same time. Everyone on this site has been so wonderful..........

And all the years I thought I was the only one!!!!!

Peace

Donna Jean

Guest JoAnnDallas

Donna Jean.........I was there from 1968-1970. Yep went thru the Tet Offensive too. Ended up with two PH's from that event. LOL

Guest Donna Jean

JoAnn.Two PH's! WOW glad you're here! None for me although my knee was hurting today from when I slipped out the back of the C-130 and fell to my knees on the ramp! Got a "STUPID" medal for that with 2 dumbass clusters.

Just want to say thanks for being here and the support........................

Peace

Donna Jean

• 1 month later...
Guest AlyssaMichelle

Hi Y'all,

I may be the new girl in town but I have been proudly serving in the USAF since 2002. Planning on making it the full 20 if the Air Force lets me. Just hope they don't find out about the secret me. Anyways, I have been stationed at Charleston AFB, SC and now at Travis AFB, CA.

Donna Jean, you have some company on the choice of jobs. I am a Loadmaster on the new C-17's the Air Force has. We are doing a lot of the same things you were doing way back when. Only now we are carrying more, flying farthers, and still getting shot at, landing on even shorter runways, and doing lots of airdrops.

Alyssa Michelle

Guest Donna Jean
Hi Y'all,

I may be the new girl in town but I have been proudly serving in the USAF since 2002. Planning on making it the full 20 if the Air Force lets me. Just hope they don't find out about the secret me. Anyways, I have been stationed at Charleston AFB, SC and now at Travis AFB, CA.

Donna Jean, you have some company on the choice of jobs. I am a Loadmaster on the new C-17's the Air Force has. We are doing a lot of the same things you were doing way back when. Only now we are carrying more, flying farthers, and still getting shot at, landing on even shorter runways, and doing lots of airdrops.

Alyssa Michelle

Hi, Alyssa Michelle!

So nice to meet ya! (I know that this isn't too girly but....) C-17 is way cool! I would have loved to been load on that! I was also loadmaster on the good 'ole C-141 and got to see the world in that bird...mostly out of Maguire back on the 141...

Jeesh, if I had stayed in 20 I'd been out now and then some, but, after 'Nam I just wanted away from it all. I ended up in the aviation field for a long time anyway,,,love planes.

Shoot me a PM and we can talk some........... :)

all my best to you, dear...

Peace

Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

Alyssa Michelle.......

I just remembered. You can't PM in or out untill you have at least 5 posts, so, get to introducing yourself around and join in!!! Besides, you'll love it here...everyone is so helpful and supportive...

as I like to say...put on your fuzzy slippers, get a cup of hot coco and maybe grab a couple of tissues....I really feel at home here.. it has helped me a lot just being here and talking with everyone.....so get at it!

We'll talk later...........

Peace

Donna Jean

Guest mwade1981
Sup all? Im serving in the Marine Corp in Japan at the moment. Im an I-level avionics tech. Any other active duty around?

I'm still on active duty, and I was in japan for 2 years. Now I'm serving in Washington near Seattle. As for my current job... I'm a navy diver. If you wan to chat some time let me know.

Morgan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest brain(katie)

US Navy 1990-2003 FireControl First Clas SurfaceWarfare Our modo "it flies it dies"

UssEssex LHD 2 92-97 Personnel Support Activity 97-2000 Uss Mobile Bay CG-53 01-01 (got Hurt blew out m knee)

01-03 Sima San Diego Had great time would never trade my time for anything.Thanks to all who have served or are serving. You are all heros in my book

Guest DeniseNM

Hey all I can't remember if I said hi in here or not (yeah I do have some blond ... lol). Vet here - army reserve (86-88 & 99-05) chem corps and Iraq & Navy (88-96) NucMM.

Denise

Guest Jaquie Lynn

Thanks for the recognition and thanx for your service to a very greatful Nation. I am also glad to see that I am not the only Veteran who has had a change of sexual identity as well as a change of heart. U.S. Coast Guard 1974-1980, USCGC #31, WHEC. I did 364 at sea rescues in the Coast Guard then got out and did 4 more in the U.S. Navy. Aboard an LST and an Auxiliary Oiler Replentishment Ship.

Jaquie Lynn, USCG & USN retired

• 5 months later...
Guest Gloria13

Hi,

I was a Corpsman attached to the 3rd marines in I corps 68-69. Yep does seem like a long time ago and then again like yesterday.

Guest JCinDenver

Over 6 yrs in Air Force Reserves 32152P F-4 Weapons Control, & Air National Guard 30352 TPS-43 Radar. From 82 to 89.

• 5 months later...
Guest Steffania
Hi my name is Lydia and I am a vet of RVN 65 and 66. Wow that sounds so long ago. Just thought I would stop by and see if any other vets around. Best to all, Lydia

Hi Lydia

I am a british vet of ten years. Pensioned at 30 and now live on my comfortable Vet pension. I am TG (a recent upgrade)lol but thats for another time!

I have just joined the forum and I couldn't believe my luck when I found the Military post! I am looking forward to chatting with you all. :)

Hugs

Steffania

• 2 weeks later...