• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello Other Vets

Penny , hi hi , did not know you were with the 1st Cav. So was I. I was with the 7/17th Air Cav , Ft. Hood , Texas. Will wonders never cease. You go girl . Peace , Love , Hugs , and Kisses

SharleahLynn

[/quo

hi shar. 1st of the 1st. pleiku, '67 - '68. never been to ft hood, but i hear it ain't jungle. anyway...AIRMOBILE! lotsa love and hope, pj

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pennyjane

• Rhonda

• Bulldog1948

• Zufrieden

Guest SharleahLynn

Thank the good lord for choppers . Air support WAS and IS so very important. I loved the time I served at Hood , but would have preferred Nam. I requested Nam as 1st choice when I went in , the induction center personell said I was crazy with my choices . Anyway , glad to see another 1st Cav member. Live Long And Prosper

SharleahLynn

<giggle> well, now i've heard everything! for the only time in recorded history, the induction center got something right! lotsa love and hope, pj

Guest SharleahLynn
<giggle> well, now i've heard everything! for the only time in recorded history, the induction center got something right! lotsa love and hope, pj

I know , it was a true Ripleys moment for them. But shoot , They can't hel having a moment of clarity.

Live Long And Prosper

SharleahLynn

• 1 month later...
Guest CatherineG

Hi All ! USMC 1966 until forever. 3rd Force Recon Co and Sog RVN 1967 thru 1970 then so many different postings for the next century or three that I don't think about or have at least tried to forget. Oh well I was blonde but now I'm gray but at least I have hair. Love and Peace Kate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Kathleen

I'm Kathleen. Navy veteran HM2 1965-69. Then 10 years later went into the reserves (HM1) till after the 1st Persian Gulf War. Two wars was enough and I just stopped drilling.

On Dec. 14, 2007 I started HRT and feel wonderful.

• 2 months later...
Guest dolly

dunno if i count as a veteran cus i served during peace time and for less than a year but i was in the u.s navy, m.o.s:pn, discharged at rank E2 (seaman apprentice) on an admin sep. cus i tried kill myslf. only stationed at one base during my term in after boot and

A-school and that was at trf-psd kingsbay georgia.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SharleahLynn
dunno if i count as a veteran cus i served during peace time and for less than a year but i was in the u.s navy, m.o.s:pn, discharged at rank E2 (seaman apprentice) on an admin sep. cus i tried kill myslf. only stationed at one base during my term in after boot and

A-school and that was at trf-psd kingsbay georgia.

Wether it is peacetime or during war. The fact remains that you served your country. Be proud of that fact. Being a Veteran does not say that you have to have had to be in battle, it means that you joined and served. Live Long And Prosper, SharleahLynn

Guest lydia

I am so impressed with the girls and their different services, Thank You all ,I feel so lucky to be in such company.

Hugs, Lydia

Guest SharleahLynn

Although I had to hide my real and true self, I was proud to serve in our Armed Forces as from what I have read thus far, each one of ya'll were/is. There is no greater honor than to defend your home soil , wether you survive or not. The reason I say survive or not is because of the men and women that paid the ultimate price. They paid with their lives. Who can pay a higher price? I'll tell you who.................NOBODY ! I apologise for going on and on, but when I think of the sacrifices made by all Veterans, I tend to get both Emotional , and Mad at the same time.

There are many Veterans who do not know about this thread, or are afraid to come post here for fear of being ridiculed or made fun of. Not anyone will do none of those things here, for all who post in here know what it is like and have the honor to stand up for that they did for this country, or the country where they served. All Veterans around the world , I salute you one and all

.....................................................SharleahLynn

Guest Erica

enlisted Ohio Army Guard 1989, 31 Kilo Combat Signaler, Transfered to a Hawk Missile Unit in 1992, retrained into Tact Tech control, Moved to washington State in 1996 transfered to the Washington Air Guard in 1999 into Computer Maint, Moved to Gulfport MS after Air Force Tec school. Will HAve 19 years in July of 08. Was activated for 3 years after 9-11, have been to the sandbox once, hope to never have to go again (If I am needed I will go), sooooo looking forward to getting my 20.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

US ARMY 1972 ASA [ Lightening Fast Chicken Truckers] spies,chasing spies all over Boston :lol: and into every gay bar we would all fly. Drinking and partying away the weekend whilst our assigned spies waited outside the door. Oho what a time it was, life meant little-booze everything. Party today because there may not be a tommorow. [ this meant that majority of all graduates shipped out to Nam,some to Japan].

We had Green Berat A & B teams, Rangers all of the elite military folks there. Even NSA. Brother, there were more super spies in that little town than regular citizens. :rolleyes:

Oops, I forgot to intro myself. I'm Bulldog 1948, a Ohio State Buckeye man.

Guest SharleahLynn
US ARMY 1972 ASA [ Lightening Fast Chicken Truckers] spies,chasing spies all over Boston :lol: and into every gay bar we would all fly. Drinking and partying away the weekend whilst our assigned spies waited outside the door. Oho what a time it was, life meant little-booze everything. Party today because there may not be a tommorow. [ this meant that majority of all graduates shipped out to Nam,some to Japan].

We had Green Berat A & B teams, Rangers all of the elite military folks there. Even NSA. Brother, there were more super spies in that little town than regular citizens. :rolleyes:

Oops, I forgot to intro myself. I'm Bulldog 1948, a Ohio State Buckeye man.

Welcome to our family Bulldog , glad to have you with us . SharleahLynn

• Forum Moderator
Welcome to our family Bulldog , glad to have you with us . SharleahLynn

I wonder how many other Nam vets or Nam service era vets there are on this board.

Bulldog 1948

Guest SharleahLynn
I wonder how many other Nam vets or Nam service era vets there are on this board.

Bulldog 1948

71-73 ..... 7/17th 1st Cav. Div. Attack Helicopter Squadron. ...... Spent my tour stateside at Ft. Hood , Texas. Dang Army would not give me my Primary duty station choice. Ask for Nam, they said I was crazy for wanting to go there . 2 years later they gave me a section 4 discharge , I reckon they was trying to say I was only half crazy :lol: Sorry, could not resist the humorous remark . No, but really, I enjoyed the time I was in , even though I had to hide me. But at any rate, Glad to have you with us , come see us in the chatroom some as well. SharleahLynn

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mwade1981

I'm currently in the Navy, I've served at IMF New London, the USS Safeguard, and am currently at IMFPACNORWEST in Bangor WA.

Guest Donna A

I was "haze gray and underway" RVN 65-67 A carrier (Coral Sea)and an LST( Pitkin County). And no there is nothing wrong about being a "grease monkey" I was an Engineman. :P

Guest SharleahLynn
I was "haze gray and underway" RVN 65-67 A carrier (Coral Sea)and an LST( Pitkin County). And no there is nothing wrong about being a "grease monkey" I was an Engineman. :P

Donna,

The grease monkey reference was picking at my room mate . No harm was aimed at anyone hon, she and I carry on like this 24/7 :lol::lol:

SharleahLynn

Guest mwade1981

No there is nothing wrong with being a greas monky. I was a machinest mait until divers became there own raiting a year or so ago.

Morgan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SharleahLynn

My remark of "Grease Monkey" was part of a daily banter between my room mate and I. It was not aimed at injuring anyones feelings. If I have done so , I apologise. SharleahLynn