• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Talked To Hr Today

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I've known the deputy director of my department's Human Resources Division for a long time, and figured

she would be understanding when I decided to come out to her. Although I thought it might be a little premature,

telling her now would give her time to do whatever research and planning she thought necessary.

What I didn't expect was that she had read a book on TG issues and was totally supportive. She seemed

genuinely excited for me and asked good questions. I told her about my planned approach, very much

in line with Paula Ult's gradual "baby steps" method. She agree with that and assured me that any help

or advice I needed along the way would be gladly provided.

It doesn't hurt that my local government has a very well defined policy against discrimination that specifically

includes transgendered people, and prohibits any and all types of harassment or retaliation. So whatever

my co-workers might be thinking, they won't be allowed to act in a negative way towards me without

consequences. I won't be telling the staff for more than 6 months, and probably closer to year from now,

so its not an immediate concern.

The HR Deputy and I will get together for a chat about my progress every 2-3 months and I'm looking

forward to those. When we parted company she gave me a big sisterly hug, and it felt great!

Carolyn Marie

WOW!

Carolyn - you are leading a charmed life!

Does it have anything to do with you being the same size as a leprechaun?

Congratulations, Sweetie!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest NatalieRene

Thats great news.

I hope things go that well for me when I talk to HR in a few months.

Have you got a date in mind for when you are going to start your real life experience?

• Admin
Have you got a date in mind for when you are going to start your real life experience?

No, nothing specific. I figure at least 12 months, to give the HRT a good head start to work its magic.

Exciting to think about, though. :) I'm bound to make a splash at City Hall!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

OK Carolyn! THAT'S IT!

Time to "fess up"....

Gimme a break! All of this wonderful stuff happening to you day after day???

I don't think so!

Hon, I was born at night...BUT, NOT LAST NIGHT!!!

Why, I'll bet that you're writing this stuff from your mom's basement ...getting us all worked up about your "So called" good fortune...

Well, you're not fooling anyone one bit! It just don't happen like this...everyone knows it!

So, quit trying to pull the wool over our eyes...We don't buy it!

(Wow, Carolyn...A Hugg?...cool...)

Donna Jean

Babygirl Carolyn Marie,

Well, you're a rotten little #%*! I am Sooooo jealous of you. I hope you get sunburned in your little sun dress.... (Wow, that was a rather spiteful outburst...) :lol:

Seriously, that's just wonderful. It's really amazing the highs and lows we experience. Just a short time ago, you were lower than a snake in snowshoes and now you're orbiting with Astro_Liz. :D

Well, girlfriend, ride it high and proud. I hope this streak continues for you for a long time.

Your little girlfriend and playmate,

Babygirl,

Yvonne

Guest sarah f

That is wonderful news Carolyn. I am so happy for you. It must make you feel really good to have such an understanding HR person and they even read a book on TG issues. I wonder why she read a book like that? Not many are open to our situations and don't want to know. Anyway, you are definatley living a charmed life right now and I hope it continues for a very long time.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest ChloëC

Hi Carolyn,

What a great moment, among the many other ones. And what is also nice is to see that there are caring officials that do try to keep up on what's going on, so they can understand the different people that will have to deal with, and know how do it in an intelligent and open and supportive manner.

Just as many here are working on baby steps, it's also happening on a larger scale. Any single day may have some bad news, but overall, acceptance is progressing. And that's good. We all have this dream, and someday it will be true.

Hugs

Chloë

Carolyn hon,

I am happy for you, your Hr person sounds like a wonderful person and likes staying up to date on potential issues in the workplace.

As you may have read i contacted my HR department in December 2008 then again in August 2009, and like yours they were ok with me transitioning, what i did not find out till a month ago from my manager is that i was not the first to transition at the company i work for, something i suspected and he confirmed.

Sounds like you have things well under control, but you can contact me anytime if you have any questions.

HUGS!!

Paula

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

• KathyLauren
    • christinakristy2021
    • Davie
    • Ashley0616
    • MaryEllen
    • Savvy
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • BobbiSkunk
    • Alisa Anne
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Alisa Anne
    Newest Member
    Alisa Anne

1. BEAN_CHILD
      BEAN_CHILD
    2. Chrystopher
      Chrystopher
      (28 years old)
    3. Chuckey
      Chuckey
      (63 years old)
    4. Elias
      Elias
    5. Han_
      Han_
    • KathyLauren
      You whippersnapper, you!  I remember playing Pong.  Tetris is about the newest computer game I've played. 
    • Davie
    • RaineOnYourParade
      I recently realized I share a birthday with two characters in my favorite show!   Kirishima and Tetsutetsu, both which are guys who comment on things being manly (not in a toxic masculinity type way? They'll call basically anything they find positive "manly"). Kirishima especially is considered a poster boy for positive masculinity, and Tetsutetsu serves as comedy in being very similar to Kirishima in almost every way. I guess that makes October 16th the manliest birthday lol   I find gender affirmation in the strangest places 💀
    • Davie
    • Vidanjali
      Short answer, yes. Not easy!! And the "overcome" part is a continuous work in progress. A story is told:   Say you're lost in the woods on a moonless night. It's so dark you cannot even see your hand on front of your face. What do you do? Pick a direction and start walking. You may be on the path out of the woods or you may be going deeper into the woods - you don't know and for some time there's no way to tell the difference. But you keep going. After some time, you begin to see a glimmer of light, not much but just enough to contrast with the previous deep darkness. But it's enough to encourage you that you're going the right way to escape being lost in the dark wilderness.    It's an allegory for the spiritual path. Or if you're not spiritual, call it the path to metal health. For a long time you simply go through the motions and do your best to keep up the forward momentum. You don't perceive yourself as making any progress - it all seems the same. But you practice and develop strength and keep going. Then you begin to notice small differences. You're not as reactive as you used to be. You still have nightmares, but somehow you have more agency in them. There are moments where you experience peace of mind.    Trust is probably the #1 biggest issue for people who've experienced trauma. Certainly it has been for me. Trusting love is real - that's major. But I've found that trust in love is not developed via relationships with others, but rather by learning about yourself and how to feel self-secure. And that is not a matter of autonomy, but rather gaining insight into who you are, essentially. Who you are is indomitable and adorable. You come to believe that in a profound way (not in an egotistical way) and you feel safe anywhere and in all circumstances. You have a feeling of communion and goodwill with all. You are not attached or affected by the actions of others, but are profoundly self-assured in unconditional love for yourself and all. Easily said, but that potential lies in all. It requires guidance, will, discipline, grace, and patience.
    • Ivy
      Yeah.  I'm a short ways out of town here.  Hay field across the road.  Pasture on 2 sides in back, and lots of trees in my yard - back yard is basically a small woods.  I'm a bit of a tree hugger.
    • Ivy
      There was no such thing when I was growing up.  Some of my kids played them though, but only the younger ones.  We didn't have a computer for the oldest ones. About the only game I've ever played was Tetris, and that was on one of those old gameboy things.  I still have little interest in them.  My ex did do something for awhile, animal crossing I think.  
    • Mmindy
      I remember living that way. My parents didn’t get an air conditioner until the mid 1970s, just before I moved out. Their house was built to utilize cross winds or fans to keep air moving. In those days it was very important to keep the screens in order so the mosquitoes 🦟 out. Flies were dealt with by using fly traps. You do get acclimated to the hot or cold weather in those situations.    Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Ashley0616
      Well I have been absent recently due to my new hobby of computer gaming. I have worked on a collection of NES, SNES, N64, Sega and now revamping up my PlayStation 1 and 2 collection and then will get Xbox original. My computer isn't powerful enough to run Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 games. It's fun to see the old games that I grew up with. 
    • Ashley0616
      Congratulations on your journey!
    • Mirrabooka
      More than 30% of Australian households now have rooftop solar PV: Solar energy - Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)   in America it is only 5%: How Many Americans Have Solar Panels in 2024? (solarinsure.com)
    • Mirrabooka
      It's truly bizarre, the changes that have happened over the years. Larger houses on smaller blocks of land which means less trees because there's no room for them, so less shading and the resultant need to run air-con harder, which adds to suburban heat sink, which results in higher local ambient temperatures, which results in increased air-con use. Vicious circle.
    • Ivy
      I don't have "air" here, so I pretty much live with what Mother Nature gives me.  Fortunately, there are trees in my yard which helps in the NC summer.  Windows and doors open all summer - closed up in winter. I do have fans, ceiling and windows. When you think about it, everyone used to live this way.
    • KatieSC
      I cannot say that I have. As much as we hope that love, compassion, and therapy help, sometimes opening ourselves up to individuals who later to out to disingenuous, results in worsening of the original trauma. In addition, it may provide a secondary trauma. I have experienced this first hand, and it has left me hardened more than diamond or titanium. There is an emptiness that grabs you when you have been betrayed for innocently opening ourselves up, only to find someone who has went behind your back, and tried to destroy your life.    As for therapy, well, for some of us it works I suppose, until we either run out of money. Insurance is often not useful. There are many "counselors" who will not accept the insurance payments, but will willingly charge much more. When my counselor unilaterally decided to increase charges from 130/session to 180/session, I said enough is enough. I survive, sometimes despite myself. I have paid a fortune out of pocket for everything, and have no illusions about it. If I did not pay what I paid, I would not have received the services including the counseling. Transactional? Yes. I already knew I was transgender. That little gift will exist until my last heartbeat occurs. I will endure because I want to, and because my job/profession benefit others.    It was hard enough coming out later in life. I knew it would be hard. If I had a choice, would I choose to be transgender? No. If I had it to do over again, I would never tell a soul. I would take everything to the grave with me. 
    • Ivy
      I like Frida.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.