• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Have A Revelation About Hetalia!

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

For the longest time I've been watching Hetalia and wondering "Is Chibi Italy a boy or a girl?" You see, Chibi Italy, who represents Italy in the Medieval Era, wears a dress and works as a maid by force. Si is attracted to the Holy Roman Empire and he is attracted to hir. They even kiss. However, the adult Italy, who represents Italy during WWI and WWII and during modern times, is a male who dresses like a male and he goes crazy over a few girls that are outside of Germany's door. There also has been fan speculation that he and Germany are in love, but I think it's just fan girls having their imagination carried away since in my opinion it is clearly a close friendship. Besides, Germany during WWII was very anti-gay and it would seem bizarre to represent an anti-gay country with a gay character. I digress. Anyway, I thought the question boiled down to whether Chibi Italy is the child version of the adult Italy, which would make sense. It would be truly strange to have the child version of Italy be a different person from the adult Italy. However, I realized I was looking at this from the wrong angle. Maybe he is a female-to-male transsexual who is bisexual. That would make total sense! It even has a degree of symbolism. Chibi Italy was coerced into working for Austria while dressed in women's clothing was a metaphor for a transman forced into living as a female, as well as the obvious metaphor for Austrian oppression of Italy during the occupation. Well, it might have been Portugal. I am not thinking very clearly today. :lol: So, does this make any sense or am I over thinking this?

Ja, chibitalia is baby Italy =3= and Holy Roman Empire is lil' Germany.

Perhaps Germany became a homophobe because of his confusion towards chibitalia... XD

I could see Italy being forced to wear womens clothes (or wearing them by choice) as a wee one haha, because he is so cute. (And in the symbolism argument, weak. In Japan, raising weak boys as girls and vice-versa SOMEHOW is said to help them grow up stronger).

Anthropomorphic countries having sexualities much less genders is a ridiculous yet fun topic to think about XD

I don't think I have seen any of the strips or anime where Germany realizes (if) Italy was Chibitalia. So perhaps their sexuality is irrelevant to that degree. The whole series is fangirl slash fodder, but in a fun way. Eye candy is fun. Ah, poor Germany (they did exchange valentines, though) probably has very mixed feelings about that fool Italy XD

If I had to spend as much time as he did with Italy, I'd be sick too. (he's always getting headaches and intolerant of the lavish food). Someone so nutters and cowardly yet is an ally and a sweet personality, far from cruel like many of his 'friends.' But so annoying to be around for a stoic personality, ja.

Boy or girl, Italy is darn cute. Gay or straight, Germany is awesome. ;D

//had no clue there were other Hetalia watchers in hurr

Guest praisedbeherhooves
Ja, chibitalia is baby Italy =3= and Holy Roman Empire is lil' Germany.

Perhaps Germany became a homophobe because of his confusion towards chibitalia... XD

I could see Italy being forced to wear womens clothes (or wearing them by choice) as a wee one haha, because he is so cute. (And in the symbolism argument, weak. In Japan, raising weak boys as girls and vice-versa SOMEHOW is said to help them grow up stronger).

Anthropomorphic countries having sexualities much less genders is a ridiculous yet fun topic to think about XD

I don't think I have seen any of the strips or anime where Germany realizes (if) Italy was Chibitalia. So perhaps their sexuality is irrelevant to that degree. The whole series is fangirl slash fodder, but in a fun way. Eye candy is fun. Ah, poor Germany (they did exchange valentines, though) probably has very mixed feelings about that fool Italy XD

If I had to spend as much time as he did with Italy, I'd be sick too. (he's always getting headaches and intolerant of the lavish food). Someone so nutters and cowardly yet is an ally and a sweet personality, far from cruel like many of his 'friends.' But so annoying to be around for a stoic personality, ja.

Boy or girl, Italy is darn cute. Gay or straight, Germany is awesome. ;D

//had no clue there were other Hetalia watchers in hurr

Thanks for correcting me :). I didn't know about Japan doing that. Now that makes much more sense. That Italy would be wearing a dress, not that Japan raises non-transgender children as the opposite sex to make them stronger since that makes no sense. It didn't work for any of us here did it? xD Anyway, yeah Italy is really cute. I have to say, Italy is pretty cute, but Sealand is cuter.

Germany is the cutest, if he were to wear chibitalia's dress~~ (and not in Holy Roman Empire cute!form, in full Germany form)!!!!

And Chibimerica is adorable. Tiny little America. He gonna grow so fast~

Guest praisedbeherhooves
Germany is the cutest, if he were to wear chibitalia's dress~~ (and not in Holy Roman Empire cute!form, in full Germany form)!!!!

And Chibimerica is adorable. Tiny little America. He gonna grow so fast~

Oh Germany in a chibitalia dress, that would be so cute!!!! :D