• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Don't Know What I'm Doing

Guest CattalieChan

Guest CattalieChan

Well I have always got my sense of eating from what my parents told me to do. But, as I grow older, I realize that my mom was essentially teaching me to be an Anerexic. It's hard to explain, but for example she said that to eat more healthy bread I'd need to cut back on something else. She would refuse to give me two fruits in my lunch, even though I was never eating enough food. So my sense of what is proper for eating is anerexia. This became especially clear to me in health class when we typed in what we ate for a day. My being this way has nothing to do with my self image, just a conflict of values, and I don't know what to do. Can't talk to my mom, she's still taking in my transsexuality, and this would be fuel for her fire against me.

Amber

Guest Elizabeth K

Amber

Seems you know whats going on - and how you were 'trained' to eat. Now you can take some time and research what the experts think. (Internet)

I would start by looking at what the biomass index should be - your height, your gender, your weight, and your age.

Secondly I would roughly figure out what your natural body frame is - and your skeletal characteristics, and your ethnicticity can play a part.

Then - see what you feel would be the right size and weight for you.

Finally see if you can figur how to get to that size and weight - and maintain it.

Just an idea - don't leave it up to others to tell you what you should be!

Lizzy

• Admin

Amber, Lizzy's suggestions are very good.

I would also suggest strongly that you talk with your school nurse. She (or he) can give you some

nutritional guidelines and other suggestions. If you think your mother would use your concerns

against you somehow, then don't discuss what the nurse tells you. Just do it.

If your mother packs your lunch, buy whatever else you need (more carbs, more fruit) at school.

Or perhaps ask your friends for a little help, by bringing an extra piece of bread for you.

Whatever you do, please don't get sucked into the junk food habit just to get more calories. Bad!

Carolyn Marie

Guest ChalenAustin

Honey, talk to your school nurse or doctor about this.

He or she can help you figure at what's the healthiest place you need to be nutrician and wieght wise and help you get there.

I think you're a really smart person and will ind the perfect solution to this.

Having a medical proffessional on your side will be a big help and maybe they could talk to your mom or have suggestions for you to get the right foods you need.

Good luck, sweetie and please keep us posted!

Love,

Chal