• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Burning Of The Ex: A Letter

Guest HashBrown

Guest mrgeof2m1991

Dear Ex,

I am letting you go fully now. Today I will burn the notes that you wrote to me. I will burn the notes that I wrote to you. I don't need them anymore. They are taking up space. The bear you gave me for V-Day is long gone. I threw it away. Who knows where it is now. I just wanted to say, I am "burning" you from my life. It's time to say goodbye for good this time.

Goodbye, Ex

-Geo

I am going to go burn those letters some time today. It's 2:30PM EST so I will probably do it around 4/4:30PM EST depending on when my friend calls. I will do it after I get off the phone with her. I am glad that I am doing this and I feel great about it.

*sighs with relief*

Guest mrgeof2m1991

UPDATE: I wasn't able to burn all of them because it kept getting in my eyes and what not. So, for the rest I am going to shred them with a shredder. :wacko:

BURN BABY BURN

Good for you!

Lizzy

Thank you.

Guest Evan_J

lol@ "shred baby shred"

Its a big deal when you let go of an ex -that last little bit- for good. Congrats and have a seat if you need it.

**opens up the fellas space and leaves the lights at half mast with a few cigars out.

Guest NatashaJade

Now take a deep breath (away from the fumes) and just be you for awhile without your ex and without anyone else. Love yourself because you deserve it.

luv

Gin

Guest My_Genesis

Erm am i missing something here? Sounds like you had a really bad experience with this ex of yours. I mean burning all the letters sounds a bit harsh... or is that just me?

Guest mrgeof2m1991
Well then......

SHRED BABY SHRED!

Good for you, again!

Donna Jean

:lol: I can't wait to finish the job. xD

lol@ "shred baby shred"

Its a big deal when you let go of an ex -that last little bit- for good. Congrats and have a seat if you need it.

**opens up the fellas space and leaves the lights at half mast with a few cigars out.

Thanks man!!!

Now take a deep breath (away from the fumes) and just be you for awhile without your ex and without anyone else. Love yourself because you deserve it.

luv

Gin

:D

Erm am i missing something here? Sounds like you had a really bad experience with this ex of yours. I mean burning all the letters sounds a bit harsh... or is that just me?

If you ask me, not harsh enough. This was a jerk and I never should have trusted him. I thought he loved me, moved a cross the country with him and he broke up with me twice and the second time was final and on Easter. It was a good thing I had a job. I should have listened to his ex and the Mods but I was too stubborn.

Guest mrgeof2m1991

I had moved from Vermont all the way to Colorado. AWAY from my family. :( I was alone. Now that's harsh LOL

Guest Evan_J
listened to his ex

It's very hard to know who to listen to in a relationship. Who has an alterior motive? Who doesn't really "understand"? Who has their own like/dislike of the party you are with? Its a lot of things. The only person you can always listen to is that persons mother.

Mothers never say anything against their children (at least to mates) unless there is gooooooooood dang reasoning.

Guest thefireship

*raises mug of coffee* I have sat before an ex-fire myself. Sometimes its just good to do something to mark the moving on. To solidify the realness. Here's to your personal progress and putting the past behind you where it belongs!

Guest mrgeof2m1991
It's very hard to know who to listen to in a relationship. Who has an alterior motive? Who doesn't really "understand"? Who has their own like/dislike of the party you are with? Its a lot of things. The only person you can always listen to is that persons mother.

Mothers never say anything against their children (at least to mates) unless there is gooooooooood dang reasoning.

His mother would say that he didn't commit murder if all the evidence was pointing at him. xD She hated me.

I really just wish that I had listened to everyone who was telling me not to date him, not to go to CO with him and what not. I mean there is nothing I can do about that now but...

Guest NatashaJade
I had moved from Vermont all the way to Colorado. AWAY from my family. :( I was alone. Now that's harsh LOL

He made you leave Vermont? For Colorado? I love Vermont. What a jerk!

luv

Gin

Guest My_Genesis

luv

Gin

i love Colorado! But judging from what I've seen of Vermont (never been, like pics and stuff) I would love Vermont too. It kinda seems like CO of the east.

But yeah mrgeof2m that sucks. yeah he is a jerk. i was trying to find if you had another post regarding your relationship w/ him but i couldn't find one. Sorry if I missed something there. But now I know :)

Rock on with the burning then. lol.

Guest mrgeof2m1991
*raises mug of coffee* I have sat before an ex-fire myself. Sometimes its just good to do something to mark the moving on. To solidify the realness. Here's to your personal progress and putting the past behind you where it belongs!

*cheers... with a bottle of water* :blink:

Thank you!!!!!

luv

Gin

Colorado was nice. I was in the Springs (only someone from CO would get that xD). The mountains were amazing but Vermont is my home and I wish that I never left. He pulled the whole "if I end up going back alone, I am just going to kill myself" BS. :(

i love Colorado! But judging from what I've seen of Vermont (never been, like pics and stuff) I would love Vermont too. It kinda seems like CO of the east.

But yeah mrgeof2m that sucks. yeah he is a jerk. i was trying to find if you had another post regarding your relationship w/ him but i couldn't find one. Sorry if I missed something there. But now I know :)

Rock on with the burning then. lol.

You would LOVE Vermont. It's pretty! You should come visit (the State I mean). :)

Did you figure out who he is? :unsure:

Guest My_Genesis
*cheers... with a bottle of water* :blink:

Thank you!!!!!

Colorado was nice. I was in the Springs (only someone from CO would get that xD). The mountains were amazing but Vermont is my home and I wish that I never left. He pulled the whole "if I end up going back alone, I am just going to kill myself" BS. :(

You would LOVE Vermont. It's pretty! You should come visit (the State I mean). :)

Did you figure out who he is? :unsure:

I know what Springs is :D I actually am not from CO. I'm from NYC but ironically I am not much of a city person. big cities anyways. small ones that have room to breathe (like Denver...or Burlington I'll bet if I go there) I actually love. Springs is nice, I've been there once but just for a college hockey game.

I was thinking about going to school in VT (UVM) but it would be too expensive as they don't give transfer students aid. I am at school in Denver right now but I'm transferring for this whole transition thing - new life new me kinda deal. So im staying in-state.

anyway enough about me lol. um.. no i didn't figure out who he is. am i supposed to? lol.

Guest mrgeof2m1991
I know what Springs is :D I actually am not from CO. I'm from NYC but ironically I am not much of a city person. big cities anyways. small ones that have room to breathe (like Denver...or Burlington I'll bet if I go there) I actually love. Springs is nice, I've been there once but just for a college hockey game.

I was thinking about going to school in VT (UVM) but it would be too expensive as they don't give transfer students aid. I am at school in Denver right now but I'm transferring for this whole transition thing - new life new me kinda deal. So im staying in-state.

anyway enough about me lol. um.. no i didn't figure out who he is. am i supposed to? lol.

There's a Burlington here too!!!! LOL Thought it was funny :unsure:

Why don't they give them aid? :(

You do go to Chat right? :unsure:

Guest thefireship

I came back to read more and had to give a bit of a smirk to the fact that your ex-fire and my ex-fire have some similarities! I moved for mine too. Florida to Wisconsin. Boy do I wish I could go back in time and slap myself! In the same hat though, through it all, I ended up learning a lot about what I should and shouldn't put up with. And about being that much more wary of aaaaaaall the ways in which another person can, and will, cut you off from the friends who would slap you silly if they'd have known what was going on and what you were letting happen. Bad, icky, tricky situation.

At the end of it though, (this was a 3 year adventure for me), her mother and I sat down and had a heart to heart. It kind of just.. happened. There, she finally said it and it carries a profound vibe to me whenever I think about it. She said, "I don't know what happened. I don't need to know. But I know it wasn't your fault. She just... She doesn't know how to love."

Talk about a moment of woah. o_o Then she got all misty, which got me all misty and we hugged and said goodbye. I highly doubt I'll ever see her again but if I did, I'd hug her and thank her. What she said, really helped me in the end.

Guest mrgeof2m1991
I came back to read more and had to give a bit of a smirk to the fact that your ex-fire and my ex-fire have some similarities! I moved for mine too. Florida to Wisconsin. Boy do I wish I could go back in time and slap myself! In the same hat though, through it all, I ended up learning a lot about what I should and shouldn't put up with. And about being that much more wary of aaaaaaall the ways in which another person can, and will, cut you off from the friends who would slap you silly if they'd have known what was going on and what you were letting happen. Bad, icky, tricky situation.

At the end of it though, (this was a 3 year adventure for me), her mother and I sat down and had a heart to heart. It kind of just.. happened. There, she finally said it and it carries a profound vibe to me whenever I think about it. She said, "I don't know what happened. I don't need to know. But I know it wasn't your fault. She just... She doesn't know how to love."

Talk about a moment of woah. o_o Then she got all misty, which got me all misty and we hugged and said goodbye. I highly doubt I'll ever see her again but if I did, I'd hug her and thank her. What she said, really helped me in the end.

I don't know if you read any of my other threads but he made me feel really horrible and like I am a cheater when I talked to my friends do I stopped. I mentioned that in another thread of mine.

At least we learn from our mistakes, right? We learn from our exes. :)

*hugs*

Guest My_Genesis
There's a Burlington here too!!!! LOL Thought it was funny :unsure:

Why don't they give them aid? :(

You do go to Chat right? :unsure:

Not really, but if you want to we can chat. :)

Guest mrgeof2m1991
Not really, but if you want to we can chat. :)

I asked because that's where I met the ex LOL.

I love chatting xD

Guest My_Genesis
I asked because that's where I met the ex LOL.

I love chatting xD

ah, nope i wouldn't know who he was then.. well i am automatically a chat mod now, so maybe i should take advantage of my new privileges! (not in a bad way, if any of the admins are reading this) :P

Guest mrgeof2m1991
ah, nope i wouldn't know who he was then.. well i am automatically a chat mod now, so maybe i should take advantage of my new privileges! (not in a bad way, if any of the admins are reading this) :P

LOL That's funny. I am a TM (teen mentor). One day I'll be green. :D It's something to look into. I think we need more Mods. :D

. well i am automatically a chat mod now, so maybe i should take advantage of my new privileges! (not in a bad way, if any of the admins are reading this) :P

Automatically a chat mod? <_<

Guest My_Genesis
Automatically a chat mod? <_<

yeah dude if you are a forum mod you're automatically a chat mod. Yeah, I wouldn't have known either, Lizzy told me that. :)