• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Xbox 360 Or Ps3?

Guest JohnV

Xbox360 or PS3  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Xbox360 totally
    • PS3 is better :/

Guest JohnV

Well the Wii sounded cool while it lasted, but I'm into more violent shooter games. Didn't realize Nintendo was going to baby the Wii turning it into more of a family experience. Hey don't get me wrong I love the Wii, but I see all these other games coming out for the other systems and I'm like "I want that! :[" So I'm trying to decide what system to save up for and possibly purchase. I've always stuck more with PlayStation but I'm gonna ask you fellow gamers for advice and opinions. Feel free to say what you like and share your favorite game choices.

:] Thanks~

Hmmmmmmmm.... both suck equally imo. With the xbox you get a crappy overpriced system that will red ring on you if you breath wrong towards it. Then you get the privilege of paying for anything Mr. Gates so desires you to. Xbox live and all the little things that go with it. However that's not to say it doesn't have it;s share of goodness. More of a player population, however bigger pop comes bigger pop of dumb dumbs. Take a look at the WoW player base if you wish to see what I mean. Not all are incapable of moving when the monster looks at you but most aren't so yeah. Xbox means you get to play with your friends. Because they will probably own this incredibly fragile toy.

Let's look at the PS3. Better internet IE free however...this free net also tends to crap out at any given time. Mostly during your best MAG matches. I have lost so many points because of this "free" network. However I will be darned if I will pay for something that should be free anyway. There are less players here however the level of idiocy is still equal to that of Xbox. Mostly the asocial mouth-breathers who tend to chimp out when they lose a match. They then blame all others but themselves for the ineptness they done showed on the battlefields. This is going back to MAG of course and last time I checked it was far more prevalent on the Valor side.

I would say if you are going for rpgs go with PS3. If you want to play shooters with all your friends I would say go either way. Both have quality shooters however if your friends are on xbox get it, if they are ps3 get that. If you don't care I would say the PS3 because the whole "ps3 has no gaem!" is largely false by now. It has it's own line of quality shooters and violent vidya games. God of War was pretty dang cool IMO. Dante's Inferno was ok but the whole idea that you could pwn the game with just cross spam was redonkulous.

Me personally, I prefer the PC. I get all I need from emulators and other games so I may be a bit biased here. Not sure though because I am mostly perfect in all ways. :) Ok no not really and I am horrendously biased in this. :(

I prefer playing games on pc, although play games much less now. They usually are cheaper and Steam is a cool place to buy digital forms of games. One thing not mentioned by Ashley where the PS3 is better than the Xbox is the Blu-Ray player. You can watch Blu-Ray and dvd movies and the player is a good one too.

Jenny

Oh yea! The blue ray is amazing. They say if you want to buy one just get a Ps3 because it will be cheaper and you will have WiFi access and games to boot! Dang I can't believe I missed that >.<

Guest JohnV

Hmmmmmmmm.... both suck equally imo. With the xbox you get a crappy overpriced system that will red ring on you if you breath wrong towards it. Then you get the privilege of paying for anything Mr. Gates so desires you to. Xbox live and all the little things that go with it. However that's not to say it doesn't have it;s share of goodness. More of a player population, however bigger pop comes bigger pop of dumb dumbs. Take a look at the WoW player base if you wish to see what I mean. Not all are incapable of moving when the monster looks at you but most aren't so yeah. Xbox means you get to play with your friends. Because they will probably own this incredibly fragile toy.

Let's look at the PS3. Better internet IE free however...this free net also tends to crap out at any given time. Mostly during your best MAG matches. I have lost so many points because of this "free" network. However I will be darned if I will pay for something that should be free anyway. There are less players here however the level of idiocy is still equal to that of Xbox. Mostly the asocial mouth-breathers who tend to chimp out when they lose a match. They then blame all others but themselves for the ineptness they done showed on the battlefields. This is going back to MAG of course and last time I checked it was far more prevalent on the Valor side.

I would say if you are going for rpgs go with PS3. If you want to play shooters with all your friends I would say go either way. Both have quality shooters however if your friends are on xbox get it, if they are ps3 get that. If you don't care I would say the PS3 because the whole "ps3 has no gaem!" is largely false by now. It has it's own line of quality shooters and violent vidya games. God of War was pretty dang cool IMO. Dante's Inferno was ok but the whole idea that you could pwn the game with just cross spam was redonkulous.

Me personally, I prefer the PC. I get all I need from emulators and other games so I may be a bit biased here. Not sure though because I am mostly perfect in all ways. :) Ok no not really and I am horrendously biased in this. :(

Hey dont afraid to be biased. Im here for opinion lol. Yeah PC games are usually worth it. I agree with the whole red ring of death issue. Dx Only problem is, i would either have to upgrade stuff on my laptop (for super nerdy awesome gamer laptop) or buy a new one. hmmm

Oh and kudos to you for using the word redonkulous and spelling it out. xDD never seen it written before!

Well thanks for the input! <3

I honestly want to say go with Ps3. I went through a few Xbox due to the red ring. I don't feel the 50% RROD percentage(or whatever it was then it jumped back up) is worth the hassle. I tried a ps3 and never looked back. Sure I may rage about the disconnects now and then but you only really notice them when you are in a game lol. Wii is fun but without any decent games for adults it is severely lacking in that. Though I guess they just went the route they thought would make more money there.

Lol and yeah it was pretty redonkulous to be able to own Lucifer with cross spam though it makes sense from a religious stand point. Jesus beats da devil. It was still far too easy. The scythe was way cooler anyway.

Also Little Big Planet. Nuff said. I loves it :D

Guest JohnV

I honestly want to say go with Ps3. I went through a few Xbox due to the red ring. I don't feel the 50% RROD percentage(or whatever it was then it jumped back up) is worth the hassle. I tried a ps3 and never looked back. Sure I may rage about the disconnects now and then but you only really notice them when you are in a game lol. Wii is fun but without any decent games for adults it is severely lacking in that. Though I guess they just went the route they thought would make more money there.

Lol and yeah it was pretty redonkulous to be able to own Lucifer with cross spam though it makes sense from a religious stand point. Jesus beats da devil. It was still far too easy. The scythe was way cooler anyway.

lololol thanks Ashley! Yeah I was interested in Dante's Inferno too.

Another reason i was leaning more to PS3 was because it has final fantasy 13. (not sure if xbox can have that)

oh and it has the sequel of the Shadow of the Colossus game. (first was for the ps2) I loved that game!

And as I said Ive never had any xbox gear, always been with PS3. and theres the whole red ring o death issue.

Thanks for all the help >w<

Guest Renny-sama

PS3 simply because I have a PSP and I can see how good it is because they share a similar computer system... and I recently experienced how useful the PSnetwork is... and with the blu-ray tech built in,it's one of the best systems I've seen overall over the Wii and 360

Guest Jessie05

Eh I enjoy the Xbox360 but I kinda want a PS3. The whole RRODs thing isn't that big of a deal if you clean the vents on the Xbox everyone once and a while. But oh well this is also coming from a person who loves the Wii :P

Guest dsgb90

Eh, side by side both the 360 and PS3 are great consoles.

After this years ES Expo, im really amped to see where the kinect, and playstation move take gaming. Im more of a hardcore gamer so the Wii isnt an option for me.

Both systems have their Pros and Cons. I grew up with a PlayStation controller in my hand, and originally hated the Xbox. But Microsoft has put out a great system, with a great title collection. Far as which is better, i guess you just have to look into each, and do research before making a purchase.

They are both really equal systems, and Kudos to ashleyJ because what she said is really the truth. the PS3 no longer lacks games, and the RROD is always lousy. That and as stated, the PlayStation Network is free, & less players are there, but u will still get your share of n00bs and chumps.

Its really all up to what you prefer. I had same debate with buying a system, but decided im more at home on a sony console. That and i cant wait to use the PlayStation Move to blast fools on Socom 4. XD

Guest Carden

I have an xbox and it hates me. XD But I still love it.

I would prefer a PS3 but meh, I will survive with my moody box of rawr.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RachaelAnn

In my opinion, even tho I hate Sony, I would say go with the PS3. It has a wider range of games, and in my opinion better graphics. Plus, as mentioned earlier it's a blu ray player. But if you go with a PS3, look around and try to find one that has PS2 capabilities. It will be a lot more expensive, but at least you will then be able to play any PS game Sony ever put out. But they are extremely rare. Almost all PS3's can only play PSone, PS3, DVD, and BluRay.

Personally tho I'm a Nintendo fan. Always have been always will be. :D

Rachael

Guest Zolrek

In my opinion, even tho I hate Sony, I would say go with the PS3. It has a wider range of games, and in my opinion better graphics. Plus, as mentioned earlier it's a blu ray player. But if you go with a PS3, look around and try to find one that has PS2 capabilities. It will be a lot more expensive, but at least you will then be able to play any PS game Sony ever put out. But they are extremely rare. Almost all PS3's can only play PSone, PS3, DVD, and BluRay.

Personally tho I'm a Nintendo fan. Always have been always will be. :D

Rachael

Actually, on many official websites for gamers...they compared 360 and ps3 games graphics(using the same game for both systems) and the 360 came out on top - it's graphics are more "polished over" or exactly the same. Take Assassins Creed 2 for example - I'll tell you right upfront the 360 was better. My roommate has the PS3 version and I have the 360 version. I call the PS3's version the "big lips" version...you'd understand if you got to compare Assassins Creed 2 side by side... Also, the ps3 and 360 have many games each but the 360 has more "adult" games. As in more mature RPGs and FTPs then ps3. Most of the RPGs and FTPs that ps3 has the xbox360 also has but in better and/or same graphics(as stated above). PS3 has lots of more...kiddy game's that are fun and simple, though, like "The Fat Princess" and things like this that xbox360 didn't bother with. I guess, though, there are exceptions in both systems.

My whole point was...the 360 often comes out on top in comparisons with graphics even if the PS3 has blue ray.

Guest RachaelAnn

Actually, on many official websites for gamers...they compared 360 and ps3 games graphics(using the same game for both systems) and the 360 came out on top - it's graphics are more "polished over" or exactly the same. Take Assassins Creed 2 for example - I'll tell you right upfront the 360 was better. My roommate has the PS3 version and I have the 360 version. I call the PS3's version the "big lips" version...you'd understand if you got to compare Assassins Creed 2 side by side... Also, the ps3 and 360 have many games each but the 360 has more "adult" games. As in more mature RPGs and FTPs then ps3. Most of the RPGs and FTPs that ps3 has the xbox360 also has but in better and/or same graphics(as stated above). PS3 has lots of more...kiddy game's that are fun and simple, though, like "The Fat Princess" and things like this that xbox360 didn't bother with. I guess, though, there are exceptions in both systems.

My whole point was...the 360 often comes out on top in comparisons with graphics even if the PS3 has blue ray.

If you had fully read my post you would have seen the part where I said in my opinion.

Rachael

Guest KatieT

I debated for a few years on that topic before I got one of them... I ended up with the xbox because it just had more games at the time. If I could make a decision NOW, I'd go for the PS3. Blue Ray just makes gaming a little better (No 4 disk swapping...), a lot of games I've played have come or will come out on the PS3, and BETTER. (Eternal Sonata and Star Ocean came out for xbox first, but when they were introduced to the ps3, they came with more content and story...) It also has free online gaming, rather than a shady monthly subscription that you can subscribe to online, but can only cancel via phone.

Really, I love my xbox, but only because of its games. When the next generation of consoles comes out, I'll stick with sony... I LOVED my ps2, and it still has games coming out for it.

Guest SanePsychotic

PS3, without a doubt. It has better exclusives, a Blu-Ray player, free online which works well if you have a good connection, awesome games are on PSN and if you liked the motion control of the Wii then you can get the PS Move that's due out in a few months. Xbox360 has better online connectivity, but PS3's is going to get better. Also, I've found that more irritating people play the 360, so when you play a game you hear a bunch of really rude comments. So PS3. Do it.

Whatever you do though, do not give up on Wii. If you are hardcore Nintendo fan then you'll be getting Metroid and Zelda fairly soon, plus Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 and Super Paper Mario. But there are also some pretty violent games, like MADWORLD, House of the Dead Overkill, Dead Space Extraction (which you might want to wait on since it's going to be on the PS3 version of DS2), No More Heroes 2, ect. It's a fun system, you just have to look for the right titles.

Guest RachaelAnn

I've been a Zelda fan all my life. Twilight Princess is difficult, but the game is so sparse that it's worth the difficulty. There are so many side quests on it in my opinion it makes all Zelda's before it look like simple training programs.

Rachael

Guest Zolrek

If you had fully read my post you would have seen the part where I said in my opinion.

Rachael

Yes, that's fine. It doesn't change my answer though. :) This is a discussion thread and thus I will discus.

Guest CattalieChan

Had to go with the ps3 here. My dad bought one just after it came out, 400 cheaper than a blu ray at the time. The blu ray player stays up to date, even 3d compadable. The controller has sixaxis motion controll. And the rachet and clank future series is awesome.

Guest RachaelAnn

Had to go with the ps3 here. My dad bought one just after it came out, 400 cheaper than a blu ray at the time. The blu ray player stays up to date, even 3d compadable. The controller has sixaxis motion controll. And the rachet and clank future series is awesome.

That's because the Playstation series beats out the Xbox series in every way, hands down. Better games, better graphics, better resolution, better control, better capabilities, the list goes on.

Rachael

Out of the two, I prefer x box 360. Which apparently makes me odd. :P but I seem to get on better with xbox 360

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ash-leigh101

Xbox 360 is the most amazing thing really if you take into consideration the fact your

Xbox controllers are compatible with your pc ( love in house branding ) lol.

But then agin my xbox 360 is broken and sitting in pieces :(

Ok so xbox and pc rock !!!

Guest Maria (Hilda)

Get a 64 + Yoshi's Island, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon snap, and bomberman.

Best console ever, best games ever. End of story.

:)

Love, Maria.

Guest Nikki A

little big planet 2! even more said! taking the best game ever and improving it. im gonna say ps3 as well. if you can look for an older one because of backwards compatability, and it may even be cheaper! i need my other games like shadow of the colossus and okami

x-box's r nice too, but ive never really enjoyed them

i've never had issues with getting kicked out of the internet before, but i might just be lucky (then again it could be the huge amount of players in a MAG match)

seriously tho, little big planet is enough reason to buy one in my opinion! or Infamous (the second one coming out is gonna be great!)

well, there is my biased opinion! take it or leave it!

hugs, Nikki

Guest Nikki A

Xbox 360 is the most amazing thing really if you take into consideration the fact your

Xbox controllers are compatible with your pc ( love in house branding ) lol.

But then agin my xbox 360 is broken and sitting in pieces :(

Ok so xbox and pc rock !!!

u can get ps3 controllers to work for pc too. btw

just saying. and the motion control on the ps3 controllers works really nicely in most games too