• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fable 3 And Force Unleashed 2

Guest Zabrak

Guest Zolrek

I've pre-ordered and paid for both games at the new game shop here so now it's a waiting game.

Both games have their faults; neither will be fantastic I'm guessing. The failure to make a free and challenging area to play in Force Unleashed ruined the game, nevertheless I loved the storyline so I bought both the Wii and 360 limited edition game just to have it as a keep sake. I am a HUGEEEEE Star War's fan as well as Star Trek.

Fable and Fable 2, both good games with good concepts but extremely short main plot which can water down a games rating.

I'm hoping that Force Unleashed 2 has more to do and more freedom - but I doubt it.

I'm hoping Fable 3 will have a longer main plot and more classes - but I doubt it.

What's your thoughts on the soon to come games?

Guest KatieT

I liked both games, and I'll wait til Force Unleashed is a cheap title to get it... but fable 2 was leaps and bounds better than 1, so I'll get the third one as soon as it comes out.

I'd love to see more story like you said, but also more believable emotes... I mean, it was great that you could emote in fable 2, but what kind of emote is 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down' when theresa asks you if you're feeling the weight of the bandits you've killed. It's like *Thumbs up* Totally dude! That and just all around more... more clothes, more people (it felt similar to fable 1 where so many clones were running around of each other), more quests, weapons... I could go on.

• 5 weeks later...

As much as I loved Fable 1, even considering what a massive disappointment it was (bloody Peter and his hyping it up), I felt rather indifferent to Fable 2. It improved alot in some ways but the character interaction really drags the game down for me, I like having actual dialogue like in any proper RPG. I'll probably ask for Fable 3 at Christmas or something, cause I won't spent my own money on it. xD

Force Unleashed 2 though I'll definately buy. Loved the first one. Yes, its repetitive and the melee combat was a bit meh (imo), but I loved the game. Still play it now and again to throw Stormtroopers against walls and dangle them up at the ceiling, dragging them along it... what? I'm not weird... ¬.¬

~Ev. ^^;

• 2 months later...
Guest FebruaryFalls

You just listed the two games I'll be picking up on Tuesday for sure.

I'm getting the collectors for Fable 3 and just picking up the regular edition on the PS3 for Force Unleashed (most likely)

I'd get the special edition for Star Wars, but I don't like the fact that most of it is digital

I'll playing the crap out of Force Unleashed once I finish classes on Tuesday though...Can't wait to cut loose with dual lightsabers *drool*

• 2 weeks later...

Both were super good but both had their downsides.

Force Unlashed 2 was short, although that was already expected from the last game, and left more questions then answers. The creators said that this would clear up some stuff from force unleashed 1 but it didn't. Then, the company said there would be a force unleashed 3 as a trilogy to answer all questions but now theres rumors of force unleashed 3 being canceled so no questions will be answered and all viewers will be left with "WHAT THE??" I can say, love the graphics and love Starkiller(even if he's a clone) but hate being annoyed that this left off clearly for a third game.

Fable 3 SOOOOOOO good, AMAZING storyline, AMAZING sidequests and AMAZING weapon system but there was one HUGE flaw. They tried to get rid of menus(which is a good idea) but they failed horribly at it. I want menus back and hate this new dumb and confusing system. The system makes the game seem even more unrealistic without the menus. Also, dear god, why no HP bar? I love the fact theres no MP bar(I hate most MP bars on games) though. Oh, and another thing...the child system is very messed up and this is clearly a problem fable has. Fable has never had a good child system and doesn't seem to know how to make one without problems.

Guest Robin Winter

I didn't even get to play Fable 2 :( I hate Microsoft for not releasing PC versions. I have the first one though, and it's one of my all time favorite games.

Likely they want you to have Windows 7. If you listen to the cometary on the game previews it talks about how this game was being made specifically for PC to show how well windows 7 is made for gaming. As for ram(or your internal memory), well, I would expect very little is needed and most Window 7 computers come with a fair amount of internal and external memory anyway. Also, a lot of PC games come with graphic settings for low, medium and high and I hope fable wouldn't skip over that.

However, even if they want this to show Windows 7 gaming capabilities, they might of made it adaptable for lower OS' like other PC games do. I'm not sure.

Guest Robin Winter

Likely they want you to have Windows 7. If you listen to the cometary on the game previews it talks about how this game was being made specifically for PC to show how well windows 7 is made for gaming. As for ram(or your internal memory), well, I would expect very little is needed and most Window 7 computers come with a fair amount of internal and external memory anyway. Also, a lot of PC games come with graphic settings for low, medium and high and I hope fable wouldn't skip over that.

However, even if they want this to show Windows 7 gaming capabilities, they might of made it adaptable for lower OS' like other PC games do. I'm not sure.

I will never play a game I have to run on low video settings. I'm a snob like that. Fable: The Lost Chapters runs flawlessly on my machine with all the settings maxed, and that's exactly how I like it. If I don't meet the requirements, I'll wait until I can upgrade my machine before buying the game.

Guest Robin Winter

Hehe, you got me all excited and nostalgic, so I'm currently installing The Lost Chapters again. Looks like the modding community has been pretty active since I last played, so it should be fun.

Hehe, you got me all excited and nostalgic, so I'm currently installing The Lost Chapters again. Looks like the modding community has been pretty active since I last played, so it should be fun.

Sounds good. I still enjoy my heavily modded oblivion game - makes me want to go play it now...

Fable 3 is wicked, though time control being downgraded to a potion is just pap. Fable 2 was brilliant but too short, typical Molyneux syndrome, all ideas and no realisation. Plus he wants the Fable story to be 5 games in total, which I can't quite see working.

Force Unleashed was chuffing brilliant. I haven't got the 2nd one yet.

Guest Robin Winter

Sounds good. I still enjoy my heavily modded oblivion game - makes me want to go play it now...

Yeah, I've actually been up all night trying to figure out how to complete a character swap, animations etc, and after getting horribly frustrated wandered over to TESNexus to see what might be new there...

Thinking about reinstalling Oblivion instead, so I can at least play a female character.

Yeah, I've actually been up all night trying to figure out how to complete a character swap, animations etc, and after getting horribly frustrated wandered over to TESNexus to see what might be new there...

Thinking about reinstalling Oblivion instead, so I can at least play a female character.

If you go for Oblivion one of the sweetest character mods is the Twilight. The wings are wicked but if you have a vampire character there's no mod for a vampire twilight so you'll run into issues. Oh and please..don't get the "Twilight" mod and "Vampire" reference confused with that badly made Twilight book/movie. It has nothing to do with that.

Just a warning about the twilight mod, you'll have to do some tweaks to it in order to get the wings to work.

Guest Robin Winter

If you go for Oblivion one of the sweetest character mods is the Twilight. The wings are wicked but if you have a vampire character there's no mod for a vampire twilight so you'll run into issues. Oh and please..don't get the "Twilight" mod and "Vampire" reference confused with that badly made Twilight book/movie. It has nothing to do with that.

Just a warning about the twilight mod, you'll have to do some tweaks to it in order to get the wings to work.

I'm almost positive I've used that mod, actually. I had actually backed up my entire oblivion folder (or maybe it was just the mods folder, I forget) so I could overwrite it after installing the game and save myself the time setting up all the mods again, but I'm not sure what happened to the backup. Which is a shame since I actually made my own house, complete with a very luxurious bath room. Oh well...I have more fun modding than actually playing anyway. And it's probably for the best, since most have them have likely been updated in the past 2 years. The good ones anyway.