• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Have A Problem

Guest aadenr

Guest aadenr

I've been overweight for a while now. Since I was young. I'm about to be 18 now and I've tried losing weight in the past and I can't stick to things and I don't know why. I'm about 5'5 and I weigh 230. From what I understand I'm suppose to weigh around 130? Or something. Point is, I just want to lose weight. I don't know why I can't do it. I tried exercising and I didn't lose anything after 3 weeks. I did weights and cardio. I knew I would gain weight if I did weights, but I didn't even gain or lose anything. I don't know what to do. I also have a problem. I tend to eat more during the night, which I think is bad. I don't eat much during the day, but once it starts getting night, I start eating. I don't know why. I crave all sorts of things and even if I'm not hungry I eat. I don't know what to do. I really want to lose weight. I'm tired of looking at myself in the mirror :(

Guest vertigo

I think you should look for emotional reasons behind your cravings, and work on that. Things should get better then and losing weight will most likely become a lot easier.

If you still won't be able to lose weight, maybe it's something with your metabolism or genetics.

Guest SwedMonkey

Well from what you explain it sounds like your metabolism isnt very good, but then again I dunno how often u work out when u do or what u eat. As i've been trying to lose weight myself I can give you some advice and I'm not sure if it will but if it does help u I'm glad.

First of all, cut down on carbs, sugar, bad fats (such as saturated fat). Then as excorise I advise u to at least take a 30min-1h walk everyday and maybe u can change that into running a bit every day after a while? I take it that u have been going to the gym; which is awesome, but remember to not only train the mucles and thats its very important to increase physical condition by running etc.

And at last: no matter how much u feel like it, DONT eat at night! If u feel the need for food u should imediately try to distract urself with something, or better, go to sleep. I know how hard it is not to eat when it feels like u rly ned to but if u want to lose weight this is something u must not do. And during the day, try to live on a 5-meal basis.

Well, Im not sure if that helped at all but well, I tried! Good luck with your training! :lol:

Guest sarah f

Aadenr the worst thing you can do is eat at night. If you are going to eat that late try to eat something that has no fat in it.

The thing that helped me lose 40 pounds now is just cutting down the fat intake. I also cut down my calories. I only eat about 1500 or less calories a day. I also limit myself to 15 to 20 grams of fat a day. You wouldn't believe how much fat is in some of the things we eat. I eat a banana or some type of fruit for breakfast. I eat a 5 to 8 gram of fat lean cuisine dinner for lunch and then something healthy for dinner. I lost all of this weight in about 5 months.

It is going to be hard I am not going to lie about that. It is a lot of mental power involved to cut out the things you love. I love mexican food and let me tell you it killed me not to eat it everyday.

For me I really wanted to transition and I keep my mind on that until I reached the weight I was trying to get to. Find a goal and keep that in mind when you want to eat candy or ice cream at night.

Good Luck

Guest Donna Jean

Food......

That's the answer.......

You have to take in less than you burn. Simple....

Eating like that at night is killer, though....

Put a diet together for yourself and stick to it...

If you munch dow3n one day...don't just give up...go back to the diet and continue!

Good luck, Hon...

Huggs

Donna Jean

The problem with eating at night is that sleeping burns the least amount of calories. If you are going to eat a bigger meal, eat it at breakfast where you have a lot of time to burn it off. Too much fat is a big problem in the American diet, but eating too many bad carbs is just as bad. I don't know if you drink soda but getting rid of that alone will make you lose weight. If you can limit candy, chips, and all junk food. Stay away from fast food as much as you can. I haven't eaten fast food, drank one soda, and exercise 5-6 days a week for 3 months and have lost 50 pounds. Rarely do I feel hungry. I eat 4-5 small meals a day with healthy food. It was hard to get used to eating healthy food at first, however now junk food seems kind of repulsive. And every time I slip my body feels lousy.

The key to me is keeping focused on what my goal is. And that is being the ideal body proportion for transitioning to a female. That goal alone is what motivates me to treating myself right. Obviously I want to do this badly and the right way. Aadenr, set your goal, make a plan, and follow it wisely. Make adjustments when you have to. Plus don't get down on yourself if you slip up. Just vow to get right back on track. Look long term.

I am cheering for you Aadenr. I know you can do it.

{{{Huggs}}} Jenny