• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Drummers

Guest Micha

Guest Micha

All about drums, drummers and drumming! ^_^ List or link your faves, talk about your skillz or whatever, I just wanna hear all things drums.

I came across this dude by accident, and he freakin blew my mind.

Gergo Borlai:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fugNZPZe1U

I also chanced upon

the same way.

As awesome as these guys are,

solo is an all time favorite.
Guest Donna Jean

I played drums for about a year in my dad's country-westeren band boooorrrrring.(sorry, dad)

But his drummer quit and I was helping him out....

I've been a lead guitar player for years...

Favorite?....Carl Palmer from Emerson, Lake and Palmer....

Donna Jean

Guest Micha

I played drums for about a year in my dad's country0-westeren band boooorrrrring.(sorry, dad)

But his drummer quit and I was helping him out....

I've been a lead guitar player for years...

Favorite?....Carl Palmer from Emerson, Lake and Palmer....

Donna Jean

:lol: Can't say I've heard interesting drumming in mainstream country. . .

ELP are somethin great. Only heard a compilation of theirs, but their drum work certainly struck me. Watching Carl right now, makes me wonder about what happened to rock drummers? :blink: I mean, this stuff is really good, and ELP weren't the only ones with great drums, but then I guess things got dumbed down for mainstream music.

Guest Donna Jean

:lol: Can't say I've heard interesting drumming in mainstream country. . .

I remember nights where I was in a corner of the bar with my back to where the two walls met..I'd be playing along and lean my head back against the wall. I'd nod off while playing ...

Catch myself and have never missed a beat...lol...

Exciting stuff, Micha!

Hee Hee.....

Donna Jean

Guest Micha

I remember nights where I was in a corner of the bar with my back to where the two walls met..I'd be playing along and lean my head back against the wall. I'd nod off while playing ...

Catch myself and have never missed a beat...lol...

Exciting stuff, Micha!

Hee Hee.....

Donna Jean

Sounds like it! :lol: I could do that much, maybe I should look into it...

Came across this vid too. ^_^

When I play a theater, I play THE theater!

Some great drumming in here, those vids of Gergo Borlai really surprised me; I had expected some of the rather boring double bass speedplaying you hear so much of nowadays. (That may just speak to the genres of music I listen to though heh)

The latest good drumwork I've heard from a newer band would probably be LITE. Nothing revolutionary mind you but his playing is solid and really flows well. Their latest Image-game really shows some great timing from the band as a whole.

I am always amazed to hear other great drummers. I just get immersed in different stlyes. I have met a few pro touring drummers, and opened up for a few big name bands. I have been playing for over 40 years, and although I am decent. Not great by far.

When I see kids like Jacob Armen. He is a bit older now than the clip below. but I have seen some of his stuff since he was about 5. I am floored in awe.

you tube

If I could only have half their skillz.... Check him out if you havent. There are other great young drummers on the horizon.

I grew up on a lot of big band and swing musicians. My dad played and passed on the habbit to me. I wish I could remember half the drummers I have met in my life. Alot of very good and famous ones.

Donna Jean, I too have sat in the corner of a bar. Had to almost climb over the kit to get into position and have been there at way past my bedtime nodding off yet still kicking the beat. I do like playing a larger stage, where I have room to walk off stage without any acrobatic maneuvers.

Cris

Truly amazing for that age. More amazing when you wonder at how long kids like that been playing. Makes a great case for the peak years of learning.

I like Jojo Mayer. He does some crazy stuff with his sticks to get different sounds and I think I've even seen him play with cooking utensils.

Very technical drummer and he's really good at asymmetric electronic-style beats like

I like Jojo Mayer. He does some crazy stuff with his sticks to get different sounds and I think I've even seen him play with cooking utensils.

Very technical drummer and he's really good at asymmetric electronic-style beats like

That was wicked awesome! Love how he gets the most out of his kit, and that was very snazzy high hat action. ^_^ Thanx for that, I never heard him, and now I gots another fave!

• 1 month later...

The latest good drumwork I've heard from a newer band would probably be LITE. Nothing revolutionary mind you but his playing is solid and really flows well. Their latest Image-game really shows some great timing from the band as a whole.

Jus now checked them out, and I'm sorry I waited so long. That sounded amazing! At first I was like, goody, repetition used to pass as talent, but they changed things up and demonstrated a steady progression. That was cool. Loved the funky feel and the rhythm. Thanx for sharing them. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Drummers are some of my best friends, just lock in, and groove to heaven. This was cool post, I dig it.

Peace

Cindy -