• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

You Live In A Small Town Or The Sticks When....

Guest Donna Jean

• Admin

You live in a small town or the sticks when...

This...

dead%20peoples%20things%20Woodbine%20GA.jpg

is the 1st thing u see comin over the satilla river.

(special thanks to the good folks of Woodbine, GA. Where theres only 300 residents, and the biggest town event is the Crawfish Festival.)

:lol: ROFLMAO

Carolyn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJ

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

My town used to be small. It's been over run by yuppies though. <_< Yes, yes, I know...generalizations and all. We still gots a feed store, the gift shop that's been there since I can remember is out of business, and they're talkin' about a fourth exit off the interstate. We live on the edge, next to one of the last of the county's small towns, and I drive through it on my way to work. It's such a pleasure. ^_^

The lights here however, are always red! Swore to my wife, if we manage to make it halfway through town without hittin a red light, we's buyin a lotto ticket. Hasn't happened yet. <_<

I live in a suburb of a small city. Fun, fun fun. Well, a couple days ago I went to the library and I wanted to get some classic communist literature other than Karl Marx and Engels, such as something by Lenin, Trotsky, or Luxemburg. Well, there was two books by Marx and Engels, but not a single thing by Lenin, Trotsky or Luxemburg. However, there were PLENTY of books by Ann Coulter. This is, by the way, Mass-flipping-chusetts, the most liberal state in the U.S. And there is more by conservative shrew, who will have no lasting historical importance, than the leaders of the February Revolution!

Like your style. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

This topic needed to be revived. i like it too much. lol

You live in a small town or the sticks when

no one gets off on the interstate exit because all they see is MORE trees.

The only store in "town" also sells feed, hay, bait, tackle, and delivers pizza.

The real pizza plaze wont deliver to your house because you live too far from their location.

The city hall, fire department, sheriff's office, library, and courthouse are all the same building.

Hi Dee Jay,

Been citified over the years. But, that's a small town term that I haven't heard since I become one.

We used to make jokes about Seattleites. find one hunting and run - they'll shoot at anything!

What I remember most is the grave conversations about the weather. Nothing to do with global warming, it was about finding that perfect time to spray the parathion on the cherries, or whether the mornings would chill enough to redden the apples.

A non conformist was a guy who didn't have a crew cut.

Commies were fluorinating our water!

Kat

• Forum Moderator

You know you're from a small town when the clerk in the store tells you she was sorry to hear your biscuits burned at breakfast and you hadn't told anyone!

(True story!)

You know you're from a small town when you walk in the post office and find the staff gathered around reading the latest postcard from YOUR grandmother's vacation. And aren't embarrassed to comment on how her trip is going.

(another true story)

Guest Katrina Reann

You know you live out in the sticks

* If You still have an old dug well and outhouse in your yard.

* If your old rusty tin roof is leaking.

* If your post office still has Billy The Kid and Jesse James wanted posters on the wall.

* If Pony Express still delivers your mail.

* If the IRS is still trying to track you down for selling moonshine.

* If you haven't heard the Civil War is over you may live waaaaaayyyyy back in the sticks!!

and finally..

* If you still keep all the Sears catalogs to supply your outhouse you may live off the beaten path of civilization!!

Not to mention your bum may be really sore!!

Huggsss...Katrina

Guest Donna Jean

Small?

A big Sunday for us is getting dressed up and driving a couple miles to the gas station by the interstate...

There we'll fill the car with gas for the week, rent a movie for the evening (no cable out here and we only get a couple of stations "through the air")Buy a paper to see who went to jail on Saturday night, and get all the latest gossip of who's apples are doing well and who had to spray their beans for beetles...exciting stuff...

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator

You know you live in a small town when you get your mail even if the address has been left off or is wrong.

When there are more churches than stores.

When the checker at the grocery store reminds you what you forgot to buy.

When your child comes home from school and tells you what you did that day and where you went because the town grapevine extends to the school.

You know you live in a small town when you get your mail even if the address has been left off or is wrong. yep

When there are more churches than stores. definitely yep

When the checker at the grocery store reminds you what you forgot to buy. happens all the time. lol

When your child comes home from school and tells you what you did that day and where you went because the town grapevine extends to the school.

lol cant say ive heard of the last one happening around here.

But my friend's kids have toldl me about the rattlesnakes in they find in their classrooms, and the rattlesnakes on the playground.

Guest glassbreaker

Everyone at church knows by Sunday morning why you got arrested/in trouble Saturday night because listening to the police scanner is a hobby in every household.

You can't date people from your school since you're more than likely cousins with all of them.

The county paper is weekly and in black and white..and the photos are printed with a dot matrix printer.

Guest JackieP

Everyone at church knows by Sunday morning why you got arrested/in trouble Saturday night because listening to the police scanner is a hobby in every household.

You can't date people from your school since you're more than likely cousins with all of them.

The county paper is weekly and in black and white..and the photos are printed with a dot matrix printer.

Hi!

I just wanted to welcome you here and hope you enjoy. There's lots of great people and topics here, as well as advice if needed.

I don't know if anyone spoke to you yet, but if not, please take time to read the forum rules and so on.

Catch you later !

Jackie :)

rofl.

Thats all true for here too.

We may live in the same place lol

• Forum Moderator

It all depends on what you like-there's a city about an hour away. But I have more to do than I have time for-and I never worry about getting robbed or anything. There was a red fox looking in my screen on the siding glass door a couple of days ago. I find that exciting. And I have DSL so I am connectedto anythhing I want.

I love small towns.

It all depends on what you like-there's a city about an hour away. But I have more to do than I have time for-and I never worry about getting robbed or anything. There was a red fox looking in my screen on the siding glass door a couple of days ago. I find that exciting. And I have DSL so I am connectedto anythhing I want.

I love small towns.

Amen brother. I love bein out here in the middle of nowhere. No place i'd rather be.

its a way of life that never gets old.

Guest Donna Jean

i could see going out there to get away for a couple of weeks but i could not live out in the middle of nowhere like that i'm a city girl through and through

Well, it's a dirty job, but, somebody has to do it.....

Actually I've lived in the sticks about 35 years of my life...maybe it's time for me to try the city for a change....

I might just like that!

Donna Jean

Oh, you should try city life, Sweetie - it is a whole different kind of dirt!

Don't try to run around four or five acres - there are just too many buildings in the way!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest 91curiouskitten

Wehn you seperate your neighborhood by their ponds

Neighbor on the right: Fishing ONLY

Your pond: Fishing n Swimming

Neighbor on the left: Swimming ONLY

Lol the neighbor for fishin only, ahd so much seaweed gunk all around the pond, you couldnt get in there even if you wanted, and you diddnt wanna, pike, carp, bowfin...not swimmin water, specially with the big turtle he had in there

Our pound was fun to swim in but it ahd catifsh, bluegill, some bass, so you could fish

And our other neighbor had a pond, always clean, no fish, good for swimming lol

When it rains so much that the ditches fill up, and you go boogeyboarding in the ditches ((was actually alot of fun lol))

When you are able to get to thiry miles tryign to leave your cul-de-sac ((It was a REALLY logn road from our culdesac lol))

When your neighbor actually gets a NEW mailbox and has a party for it ((Once again, alot of fun lol))

Your teacher carries around a spit cup ((was so gross lol))

Lesbians were hot, and gays were only rumors from the city folks ((I understand if that ones edited out but its true enough I thought they were only in movies or myths for about a year ^^"))

Guest Donna Jean

When I lived in Georgia....Oh wait! I still do.

I wasnt sure if i lived in Georgia or Egypt since this place is more recognized as BFE.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

LOL....LOL....HAAAaaa ha ha ha ha *snort*...lol :P:lol::P

Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

...if you got that joke...

:blush:

If you gotta watch what goes down the disposal cuz it'll only travel out to the field.

Well, that's good......you can get your ring back!

lol

Donna Jean