• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My New Drivers License Arrived

Guest NatalieRene

Guest NatalieRene

I got my license today and it's bittersweet. On the one hand it is awesome to have my name on it, but on the other they unlike Maryland won't let me use the female marker until I have srs. That and the picture is horrible. They wouldn't let me smile and then they printed it black and white. Oh well at least it says Natalie.

What's interesting is that the picture on the right is really like a overhead slide where it's transparent and they have your name and license number in a squiggly line under it. You can't see that because I blurred it because of my last name and the license number, but you can see some of the squiggle.

Pardon all the blurred parts but some of the information on it is private. :)

License.jpg

Next up the social security account and then I can finally update my work records. That and everything else like loans, credit cards, my title to my town house. OMG I have so many people to notify. 15_f_73ea8a0fdeda77de552ca5b6e05debb0.png

Edited by NatalieRene
weak photobucket real weak.
Guest Donna Jean

Yeah, Natalie...I think that the pic is great, even if they won't let ya smile...looks feminine to me...

And when the cop reads your name and sees the pic, he'll just naturally assume "female" without looking...Lets just hope that's not how you have to show it!

Huggs

Donna Jean

I got my license today and it's bittersweet. On the one hand it is awesome to have my name on it, but on the other they unlike Maryland won't let me use the female marker until I have srs. That and the picture is horrible. They wouldn't let me smile and then they printed it black and white. Oh well at least it says Natalie.

What's interesting is that the picture on the right is really like a overhead slide where it's transparent and they have your name and license number in a squiggly line under it. You can't see that because I blurred it because of my last name and the license number, but you can see some of the squiggle.

Ah your pic doesnt look horrible, it just looks like a mugshot! lol just kiddin wink.gif Your pic looks great.

And weird how they have the ID number in a squiggly line like that. My state changed around the drivers license/IDs this year too. The ones for people 21 and under are turned long ways, and the ones for people over 21 are just regular ol ID cards. but there is understandable (and good) reasoning behind that. lol

Guest NatalieRene

Honey, your photo looks wonderful. ;)

And having your beautiful face on your license twice is just better yet. :D

LUV

Jean

Thanks Jean. :)

Yeah, Natalie...I think that the pic is great, even if they won't let ya smile...looks feminine to me...

And when the cop reads your name and sees the pic, he'll just naturally assume "female" without looking...Lets just hope that's not how you have to show it!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Thank you I hope so. I really hope though that I'm not pulled over any time soon for anything that would give me a ticket. At least now though I don't have to worry about explaining myself to the cop if hit someone or got hit by someone.

Ah your pic doesnt look horrible, it just looks like a mugshot! lol just kiddin wink.gif Your pic looks great.

And weird how they have the ID number in a squiggly line like that. My state changed around the drivers license/IDs this year too. The ones for people 21 and under are turned long ways, and the ones for people over 21 are just regular ol ID cards. but there is understandable (and good) reasoning behind that. lol

LOL yeah it is a lot like a mug shot. I wouldn't be surprised if Virginia's next change is to make the second photo a profile shot. I'll keep my mouth shut because I don't want to give them any more great ideas. Thanks, I guess everyone else thinks the picture looks better then I do. I guess thats better then thinking I look good and everyone else wondering what I'm smoking.

The license number is also on the top of the id just above my name. They call it the customer identifier. I've always thought it strange to call it that.

Thats interesting about how to make an id quickly discernible for underage drinking. In Georgia back in 2000 they just put a red border around my photo. I guess it stood out but nothing like changing the direction it flows. Thats clever.

Guest NatalieRene

hmm i don't know why that violated photobucket's terms of use. I checked their rules and their is no reason to have deleted it. Thats aggravating, I guess I'll delete all the photos off their site and use someone else if they want to be like that. No more add dollars from me.

Being offended I did digging. They didn't delete anyone else's photos of the same nature from other people. I think they need to be talked to by the LGBT lawyers.

LOL yeah it is a lot like a mug shot. I wouldn't be surprised if Virginia's next change is to make the second photo a profile shot. I'll keep my mouth shut because I don't want to give them any more great ideas. Thanks, I guess everyone else thinks the picture looks better then I do. I guess thats better then thinking I look good and everyone else wondering what I'm smoking.

The license number is also on the top of the id just above my name. They call it the customer identifier. I've always thought it strange to call it that.

Thats interesting about how to make an id quickly discernible for underage drinking. In Georgia back in 2000 they just put a red border around my photo. I guess it stood out but nothing like changing the direction it flows. Thats clever.

roflmao

yeah i had to get my ID last year for my GED classes, and it just has a red boarder around it with 'under 21' beside my picture. but i went a couple weeks ago with my grandpa and they have it all changed around. it still says under 21 on it, but vertical instead. and now they issue an "interim" license until the actual laminated one gets mailed to you 45 days later. all it is is a piece of paper with a picture of your license on it lol.... sometimes i just dont understand georgia. lol.

Guest NatalieRene

YAY!

The power of persuasion!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

:) I was polite. I just asked them why they deleted that but had no problem with other people's licenses and in some cases with things not blurred where allowed for years. Their response was we thought it was a mistake. I asked them what mistake was that and they said the M. At which point I asked them why that mattered but no it wasn't a mistake that the image was correct. Shortly after the discussion the image was back, but it left me fuming under the collar.

Edit It's my content and my mistake to correct not theirs. *sigh* /end rant

Guest NatalieRene

Yeah. :) I'm working on my social security right now. :) It feels good having my new license. I don't have to show it often but I don't cringe every time I open my wallet and look at my old license anymore. Thats been such a relief today.

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Natalie! And the pic looks very good.

Nothing would induce me to put my driver's license up here. (Why DID I have my hair red then?) and I envy how good your's looks.

On the photobucket thing-I think it is possible that they wanted to be sure someone wasn't outing someone else. Or taunting them in some way. Is your account under Natalie?

Actually it's flattering that they thought the M was wrong..

JohnJ

Guest NatalieRene

Congratulations Natalie! And the pic looks very good.

Nothing would induce me to put my driver's license up here. (Why DID I have my hair red then?) and I envy how good your's looks.

On the photobucket thing-I think it is possible that they wanted to be sure someone wasn't outing someone else. Or taunting them in some way. Is your account under Natalie?

Actually it's flattering that they thought the M was wrong..

JohnJ

I'll show you my old one if you show yours. :D No no I'm just joking around, I hate my old one with a passion and I understand how you feel about yours.

I hadn't thought about it that way. My account uses my screen name here which is my now legal first name but a place holder last name because I don't want to use my actual name. I guess it is flattering that they thought he M was wrong. Thank you John that makes me feel better. :D

*HUGS*

Guest Soran Vs

Natalie, your picture is surprisingly good for a license! Not bad at all~

\Ugh, you should see my permit one. Its repulsive. xD

I agree with Selene on this one, I can't wait to have my name changed. I hate looking at any ID cards of mine because its still got my birth name and stuff.

Anyway, congrats on the huge step forward! :D

Guest NatalieRene

Thanks Soran. It's been very comforting having it in my pocketbook the last two weeks. It feels so good to open it up when I need to and not see my male face staring at me haunting me.