• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trans-Related Songs/songs That You Identify With

Guest N.Chaos

i have weird ones. Off the top of my head... Mostly hypnogaja. They aren't really trans but they talk about being misfits and sad. But can be interpretted however.

Ballad of Johnny Alright is very personal to me although I like the bonus track version of it with more a rock tune. But I always think the words are addressed to me and that my name was just too unique. -grins-

It's a very beautiful song if you ignore the twist where it goes "It's not alright." It basically says the world isn't happy but I get the sense it tries to say to comfort yourself because although the world isn't always fair, it doesn't matter.

Misfits by hypnogaja.

Another song that is a little sad. But I always thought the comforting thing it says is that everyone is a misfit including all the big people in hollywood and yourself. I also like there is a male and female part.

This next song I like is just because its fun. Voodoo baby by hypnogaja.

It's just a love song presented a bit oddly... I also identify closely with Nine Inch nails songs but the safest song I can think of is Capital G. Capital G is just anti-government but it has a part that makes you laugh because you nod to the songs and to the lyrics exactly when he says. Hyde's song Cape of storms too but it may make you cry. it's in english though.... That's all i think for now.

Edited by MaryEllen
Removed copyrighted lyrics
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Milly

• MaryEllen

• JenniferB

• Cyndee

Oh! I did forget a few! One tin soldier is a song that always makes me think on the nature and anger of the human race but also the need for tolerance. but it was a protest song though and worked well in its duty.

I also think animal I have become and papercut... but those songs are a bit obvious. God given by nine inch nails. But I think I'm starting to list songs I like rather than songs that related to me so I'll stop...

• Root Admin

Just a reminder. You may post no more than the song title and four lines of the song. Any more than that, it would be copyright infringement. Posting of copyrighted material is against our forum rules.

4). Users are asked to respect the copyright of content owners. You may not post song lyrics or images from other sites.

Posts linking to or asking for information on re-printing material without permission of the copyright owner will be removed.

MaryEllen

This one had been gathering 'bits' on my hard drive: :)

Belle of the Boulevard, by Dashboard Confessional

Don't turn away

Dry your eyes, dry your eyes

Don't be afraid

But keep it all inside, all inside

When you fall apart

Dry your eyes, dry your eyes

Life is always hard

For the Belle of the Boulevard

Gets me all fuzzy, inside...

Love,

Tiaria

• 4 weeks later...

Weezer - Pork and Beans.

The chorus always made me think of post-transition --

Imma do the things that I wanna do, I ain't got a thing to prove to you

I'll eat my candy with the pork and beans, excuse my manners if i make a scene

I ain't gonna wear the clothes that you like, I'm finally dandy with the me inside

One look in the mirror and I'm tickled pink, I don't give a hoot about what you think

Guest Guest_SL

No one mentions Namoli Brennet. Her first album, Boy in a Dress? And she only get's better from there.

We Belong from her 2006 Alive should be a standard for this site.

Sara Lee

Guest SuperKali

My World-Sick Puppies

Welcome to my world

Where everyone I ever need always ends up leaving me alone

Another lesson burned and I'm drowning in the ashes

Kicking, screaming, welcome to my world

It just seems to fit :P

Guest Lacey Lynne

Donna Jean, I'm on board with you on this one, girl!

Like, how I totally remember these days! The venerable classic:

Sorry, gals, but I love this song too, 'cause I'm a rocker chick! Back in The Day, we used to call these guys The Poor Man's Rolling Stones:

Wahoo! B) Lacey Lynne

Guest some ftm guy

most recently that i can think of is Sara Burrelis - (i spelled that wrong and don't know the right way)

king of anything, speaks perfectly to people not understanding the decision to transition, to me anyway, who knows how she meant it to be interpreted.

Guest Roxanna L

Not really about trans-people, but I can definitely see how people who are questioning their gender are running these lines through their heads

Incubus - It's Just a Phase

Note: the actual song doesn't start untill 2:10, so you may want to fast forward

you can read the lyrics here...

Guest Roxanna L

Lacey, I grew up in that generation too. I love that music. Thank You.

Jenny

I wasn't around, yet.

But I must say, I really like the music from those days much more, than I do what's on the radio, these days.

Guess, that makes a rarity...

Anna

Guest Esperanza Xochitl

"Brief And False Advertising" - Bright Eyes

On a string...

On a string...

On a string, I was held.

The way I move, can you tell?

My actions are orchestrated from above.

So I swing and I sway.

Guest sleeping chrysalid

Well, of course...

"LOLA" by the Kinks!

Donna Jean

This is a very late reply to your post Donna Jean but I was just looking for transgender musicians on the internet and I found one that rewrote that song. Dana Baitz released an album called "pretty little shape-shifter" and it features a rewrite of the song Lola. I could not find a way to listen to the song online so I do not know how much it relates to the transgender experience but from what I read about Dana Baitz it sounds like it might be a very nice song to listen to. Dana Baitz retells the story of a man attracted to a transwoman from the woman's perspective.

I do not want to misinform anybody because although I would have liked to have listened to the song before posting I could not figure out how to do so. I am broke so buying the album is not an option. If anyone has heard the song please tell me what you think but I am not trying to review or reccomend the song; I am simply providing what information I can about a transsexual musician and her version of an already mentioned song.

Guest Avery F

I'd go with 'Sing' by My Chemical Romance for when I'm happy, 'Going Under' by Evanescence for when I'm angry, 'The Slaughter Begins' by Walls of Jericho for when I'm depressed, and 'Men Are All the Same' by The Used for when I'm REALLY depressed. The lyrics aren't a one hundred percent fit for any of the songs, but they're close enough, and when combined with the music they're just perfect :)

Guest sleeping chrysalid

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway

This one makes me sob... sad.gif

This song really is sad. It kind of reminds you of how much it can hurt to dream hopelessly knowing that the wish you make may never come true. It has a bit of a hopeful tone but it is also kind of depressing. The wish is hopeful but the knowledge that the dream may never come true is painful. It's never fun to dream in despair.

The part about not forgetting your loved ones is very sentimental and it makes me think of the times I have drempt of oneday leaving to find myself being unable to avoid burning bridges. I think of what starting my own life would mean if I were to sever connections. It is something I do not want to do but I may be too afraid. It is easier to be myself around people who have not known the lie for as long as my family and it is going to be difficult. I have sometimes imagined being far away in Japan one day and the lyrics really get to me.

Guest TigerFoxMatt

While not specifically a transgender song...

"Hero" by Superchik

It basically talks about stepping up and fighting against harassment. It's a song anyone should hear, not just trans-people

Guest Roxanna L

I'm surprised no one mentioned this one, yet:

Live - Lightning Crashes

Most of the song is not TG-related, but the first stanza can be read as such:

Lightning crashes, a new mother cries;

her placenta falls to the floor.

The angel opens her eyes.

The confusion sets in,

Now, depending on who is getting confused (the child, or the mother), it can be read to refer to either an intersex condition, or primary transsexualism.

Guest TigerFoxMatt

I post too much in this topic. xP

"My Immortal" by Evanescence.

Pretty much how I read it in a TG sense is (in my case) my female body still being around despite my male mind, and haunting my male side.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 98 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Karen Carey
    • VickySGV
    • Maddee
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Ashley0616
    • MaeBe
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Nikki Hart
    Newest Member
    Nikki Hart

1. April Marie
      April Marie
    2. daniela...
      daniela...
      (59 years old)
    3. Emily May
      Emily May
    4. Felixr
      Felixr
      (20 years old)
    5. Leann
      Leann
      (56 years old)
    • MaeBe
      Indeed! Most happiest of Birthdays to you!
    • Ashley0616
      Happy birthday @April Marie!
    • April Marie
      Thank for the birthday wishes, everyone!!!   It started great...and then I was rear-ended at a highway construction site this morning. I'm OK. The woman who hit me was shaken - was going fast enough to deploy her air bags. I was at dead stop. Her car had to be towed away. My truck too a hit to the tailgate and the bumper. It seems OK otherwise but I'll know tomorrow when they do the appraisal.   UGH!   Happy Birthday to Me!! :-)  
    • Abigail Genevieve
      "How did it go yesterday? Any trouble in Millville?" He shook his head. "Your biscuits and gravy are great." "Mama's recipe. She taught this girl to COOK." "Uh-huh.  Well, it rained the whole time.  We did the ground breaking in pouring rain.  Your friend, the former head of manufacturing, is now on the Board.  It looks like sunshine down there, he told me, with the missile plant starting up and they re-hired all the people they fired.  Millville Products is as it was.  And the Chinese money is still coming.  That was just an ugly rumor.  Gibson quit, but you knew that." "Missile plant, huh.  Yeah.  Gibson and I may go into business.  But I have been thinking-" "Yeah.  It's been declassified.  I can tell you they made missiles for Navy ships and planes during World War 2. It was shut down after Vietnam.  Several other supporting companies are moving in - paint, electronics assembly, a few others - that support missile production." "Okay."
    • Lydia_R
      That is, it's a great document in that it seems to clearly define things, not that I'm in agreement with it.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      https://www.digitaltransgenderarchive.net/col/cj82k733h   I am now dissatisfied with the thread title because it seems to exclude Catholics and maybe others .  I am not sure what to change it to, so I will fuss over THAT now. 
    • Lydia_R
      I'm on the ballot being mailed tomorrow for an open US Rep seat.  I have both an honorable discharge and an other than honorable discharge.  I told the Navy that I was smoking pot every day right after Y2K.  I told them that while I was in the Navy, I substituted alcohol for marijuana and that the alcohol was making me violently sick.  After 5+ years of that, I said enough is enough and I went back to smoking pot.  I got better and I felt like the quality of my work was improving.   I certainly wasn't the perfect military member, but I excelled at my job and earned a promotion in boot camp.  They drug tested our unit several times after I told them I was smoking pot and I may have never tested positive.  I was opening smoking pot in the Navy for 3 or 4 months before they decided to kick me out.  At my captain's mast, the captain tried to shame me by saying I looked bad in uniform and that I was a disgrace, but all my evaluations said that I looked great in uniform.  I took great pride in looking good in my dress blues and whites.  Sure, I had grown my hair out a little bit (you know, it's not like I became trans in my 50's all the sudden) and I was enjoying some green anodized eye glasses :)   I think that people get very emotional about these kinds of issues when they should be concentrating more on engineering things and work performance.  I think we should take the lead and talk about our professional lives more instead of focusing on this type of politics.  That's a great document and I saved the PDF to my hard drive.  I think we should have more respect for the production that China is doing instead of concentrating on raising a military defense against them.  I personally disliked the hazing rituals in the Navy and think our military would be better off with being more accepting and intelligent.  
    • Abigail Genevieve
      My snarky comment of the morning is that Trump may be the first president sworn into office from a jail cell.  He can't keep his mouth under control.  It's likely he may be serving time for contempt for violating gag orders in January if he keeps it up, and the judges are more than happy to slap fines and imprisonment on him.
    • Ashley0616
    • Abigail Genevieve
      For one thing, this is Rolling Stone, who is convinced that the right is evil and writes articles from that perspective.   For another, he did not call out for eradication.  His answer was lousy, I did not like it, it was ambiguous, but he denied being for eradication of transgender people.   I still don't know what transgenderism is, but I see it as distinct from transgender people.   Conservative TG people need to become politically active and actively dialog and engage with these people..  Dang it.
    • Vidanjali
      Here's some inspiration. Wheels within wheels.   
    • Lydia_R
      Yes, totally.  That's a great story about your math history @Vidanjali!  Wow!   People tend to forget or are not aware of grads instead of degrees and radians, but that is becoming a big deal to me in the idea of coding a trigonometric function.  If you set your calculator to grads and then do the sin of 33.33, it comes up with .4999, you know, pi/6.  The significance here is that by dividing pi/2 (radians) into 100 units (grads) instead of 90 units (degrees), you are now in a base 10 space.  And when we are dealing with decimals (in base 10), and trying to convert them back to ratios, then notating our angles in the base 10 system of gradients seems like it is the key to coding the trigonometric function.   Then again, this has all kind of been a revelation to me the last couple days.  It's fun to combine math with code and I'm looking forward to writing some algorithms around this.  My last job was coding software for a healthcare company and there was no math involved in that and that was a depressing part of that job.  The long hours of that job kind of created a spiritual backlog of wanting to do some math work and I think that energy is busting out right now.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Went out to get the mail.  I was thinking that I only have dysphoria when I am dressed like a guy as I walked out there, looselimbed and feeling femme.   Get with the program, girl, says I. I am supposed to be dysphoric when I am wearing women's clothing, not the other way around.  In the past I have worn women's clothing like this and after a while said I guess I really don't have GD, switched to male clothing until I gave it up, miserable, and went back.   Dreaming of a nice skirt-suit set.  Looked at them on Amazon.  And a peasant skirt with a nice lacy top.  And a denim skirt, worn with tights, boots and a turtleneck.  A girl can dream.    
    • Vidanjali
      Yes, indeed. It's nice to think about. Calculus allows you to work with an infinitely-many-sided regular polygon which may as well be a circle.    I worked with such ideas within my master's thesis which was a history of the Jordan Curve Theorem. Basically, the theorem states that if you draw a circle on a piece of paper, that the circle separates the paper into two distinct regions - the interior of the circle and the exterior of the circle. Turns out it's not so straightforward to prove rigorously, especially considering all they had to work with at the time the theorem was stated was Euclidean geometry. It took generations and the development of new fields of mathematics before any correct proof was established.
    • Vidanjali
      Aw shucks :) I like your story and similar to you, I had dropped out of high school and was homeless before eventually applying for various aid which led me to taking classes as community college. I'd never completed a math class in high school, but turns out I'm good at it and loved it so much from the very first basic algebra class as community college that I decided I'd become a mathematics professor. And I did! I taught math at the higher ed level for 17 years before resigning due to disability.     True as long as the radius is 1. Else it's a multiple of .524 which is an approximation of pi/6. The entire circumference of the unit circle is 2pi. And one full rotation about the circle is 2pi radian which is equivalent to 360 degrees. 30 degrees is 1/12 of one full rotation. Divide 2pi by 12 and you get approximately .524.     You are correct. The circumference of any circle equals pi times the circle's diameter. Therefore one definition of pi is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.     Not totally sure what you mean. First note that irrational numbers have infinitely long nonrepeating expansion. And note that the measurements of the sides of right triangles and ratios of those numbers are in arbitrary units of length whereas angle measurements may be in degrees or radians. So, for example, if you ask a calculator what's tangent of 30, and its programmed for radian input, it'll read that as 30 radians which is about 1719 degrees or almost 5 complete rotations.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.