• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Holiday Stress, One Of My Favorite Drinking Times

Michelle 2010

Guest erinanita

This year hasn't been a great year weather-wise and I have missed three home group meetings in the last two weeks due to heavy snowfalls and freezing rain. After 36 inches of snow we are now getting the rain. Tomorrow I will be going to my first job interview as Erin I'm really looking forward to the interview, but not sure about getting there.

Anyways, now that I'm more active in the program I am aware of the alcathons. There are several of them here over the holidays and I believe it is my duty to be at as many as I can get to. I do have family and will not be alone but i feel that I need to support less fortunate alcoholics. I will not ever forget my first Christmas sober. My family also recognizes positive changes in me and understands my need to support other alcoholics.

Love,

Erin

The depression of not having family during this time of year is pretty horrible.

I was always a little depressed at the holidays... No hallmark card Reality for me either. This year however, has been different. I will have 11 guests for Christmas dinner and had 8 at thanks giving. Additionally, I has 16 at a tree decorating party. This activity is all post divorce of a few months ago. I could have isolated or felt bad, but reached out to friends and started making new traditions in my life. Its pretty easy to put up an entre and ask others to contribute to a pot-luck event. I hope you have a wonderful season and thank god and AA'ers for doing the alkathons. Maybe invite a couple folks over for coffee and Christmas cookies!

Hugs

Michelle