• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Did It!

Guest TigerFoxMatt

Guest TigerFoxMatt

I've struggled with my weight ever since I was little. By the time I was 10 I weighed over 200 pounds, and ended up being close to 250 at my maximum. Ever since, I've been on-and-off working on losing weight by not eating quite as much and being more active.

I stepped on the scale today, since I hadn't in a few months, and I could not believe what I saw... I weigh around 195 pounds. I still plan to lose another 40-50 pounds, but I feel really proud of myself. It just feels good to know I don't have too far to go now. My confidence has been boosted a lot.

Does anyone else have weight loss success stories? I'd love to hear them.

Guest sarah f

Congrats on the weight loss. That is a big accomplishment. I hope you continue until you get your goal weight.

I myself have lost 40 pounds this year and now maintaining.

• Forum Moderator

I've struggled with my weight ever since I was little. By the time I was 10 I weighed over 200 pounds, and ended up being close to 250 at my maximum. Ever since, I've been on-and-off working on losing weight by not eating quite as much and being more active.

I stepped on the scale today, since I hadn't in a few months, and I could not believe what I saw... I weigh around 195 pounds. I still plan to lose another 40-50 pounds, but I feel really proud of myself. It just feels good to know I don't have too far to go now. My confidence has been boosted a lot.

That is awesome ! Way to go ! It's hard work, and requires lifestyle changes.

For me, I was 245 lbs last summer, Now I am 210, and am trying loose another 10-15 lbs. I can fit into a Woman's size 12 (yippie skippie).

Hugs

Cindy -

Guest Donna Jean

Congratulations, Honey!

I did it, too....

I went from a high of 203 down to 138....

But, that was just too much so I came back up to about 148

I love it now!

Huggs

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations! That is an accomplishment to be proud of. Al the best on continuing to lose and reaching your goal.

John

Guest TigerFoxMatt

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I have a little question for FtM's who have been overweight. When losing weight, can your breasts get smaller, or are they always the same size once they reach their maximum size?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am not certain on the answer for your question but I was told by my therapist that even though HRT makes it harder to lose weight when going MTF the advantage would be that the breast development (man boobs would remain as a basis for the real development and that has been true - so my thought process would lead to the conclusion that it could only happen a little even if already on T and not much at all without - just my guess.

I have lost around 60 pounds this year - not really that much to brag about since I still have around 100 to go.

Just keep up the good work.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Miss_Construe

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I have a little question for FtM's who have been overweight. When losing weight, can your breasts get smaller, or are they always the same size once they reach their maximum size?

Breasts are fat so losing fat should reduce breast size. That being said I should point out that breasts seem to have a resilience about them and the ductile tissue wont reduce as it is not fat.

Anecdotal evidence: My friend was training for a marathon and her chest was reduced from overflowing her cups to being about a cup too small for her cups. That being said, when she started gaining weight again her chest and hips were the first places she gained her weight back.

One thing I always forget to suggest on here is to check out how female bodybuilders loose their chests. My theory is high protein (with resistance training) and low body fat, but I don't think you see that until BF% well below loss of menstruation though.

anyway, I don't think this post adds much, but someone may find a deeper wisdom sparked by my ramblings.

Amy

I have a success story too. But I'd love to know if your success was based totally on portion control or if you changed what you ate? I strongly believe we can exercise our way into fitness but we can't exercise our way into weight loss. Calories burned though pushups and walking will never get rid of the calories added by eating the extra piece of cake or plate of nachos.

I hit 265 as a max and got to the point I didn't like to glance in storefront windows because I didn;t like the reflection I saw. I went lo-carb @7 years ago and never regretted it. I lost 85 pounds and was never once hungry. The thing is its a lifestyle, not a diet. If you eat eggs, cheese, meat fresh veggies to your hearts content it works. But throw in a few days of indulgences and you pay quickly. It will however, come right back off.

BTW, for anyone on HRT, the physiology of how the body metabolizes food may be different and I have no idea if the results would be the same.

congratulations on your success

Michelle