• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hiding Beard Shadow - Makeup - Youtube Videos

Guest Krisina

Guest Krisina

This has come up in a past posting of mine about beard shadow. I had some good advice about going to a cosmetic store and paying them to do my makeup and cover up just my beard shadow. Or to use scar concealer cream. Both good ideas.

I used to have a Max or Mack stick (I forget the spelling). I hadn't used it in years for foundation. I use liquid Cover Girl classic beige. I saw one place where they said it is called "Cover Girl NOT Cover Boy) I have used a small tube of concealer but mainly under the eyes.

I've been using liquid foundation because I had heard it was better for people who are older Yet I have heard I need something thicker for bears shadow, I can't really win lol.

In any case what do you like using concealer and foundation, do you put concealer over your entire beard area? What is this all about powder andsetting. I don't know alot of the stuff.

Have you seen any Youtube Videos for Transsexuals that was helpful showing how to cover and beard with makeup?

Guest Emily Ray

Hi Krisina,

I have two different foundations that I use. I paid $50 for DermaBlend at Macy's it covers really well but takes some practice to do it right. I usually use a Mabeline powder foundation. I have a light beard shadow and find it works well but needs to be reapplied through out the day. When they talk about setting it involves the application of a powder from a compact in most cases to keep the foundation fromgoming of on your clothes. Derma Blend has its own setting powder.

Huggs

Emily

Guest Krisina

Thanks Emily

Unfortunately from what I understand is that the DermaBlend is not available in Canada Someone please correct me if I'm worng). Mabeline is sold in Canada though :-)

K

Guest Krisina

I went to the DermaBlend website and the don't ship outside of the states, not even Canada BUT I did find it on eBay. It looks like a good product and I have heard of that brand name before somewhere.

Guest Krisina

I probably should have put this post originally in some area like passing. In any case here is the update.

I found DermaBlend is sold in Canada as Vichy DermaBlend. I found it at Shoppers Drug Mart a Canadian store.

I talked to the lady in cosmetics and told her what I wanted it for. She applied some to my face so I could see what it looks like. I bought the thicker High-Coverage Corrective Foundation in B34. I also bought some Biotherm Homme High Recharge facial moisturizer to put on before hand. When I have time at home I will put it all together.

Thanks for all the help :-)

K

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

I will add that in my experience Dermablend cover creme works great for covering beard shadow and some other imperfections on my face. I paid $34 at Macy's in Bloomington, MN (same as online price quoted). I use a small brush and like Emily said it takes a little practice to apply it smoothly. The jar I bought was made in Canada.

Hugs

Cindy -

Guest Donna Jean

When I have time at home I will put it all together.

Thanks for all the help :-)

K

When you do, Hon....please post on how it all worked for you, ok?

There are people here that are very interested in that...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Krisina

I'm just getting back now to an update about derma blend. I only tried it a few times. I find that it works okay if you're using it only for a few hours. In short I think the best thing to do would be to get laser as with makeup it does start show after a few hours. The problem with makeup is it starts looking like you have makeup on your face and too much makeup doesn't look good. But again I only had it on for a few hors at a time. I would like to see what others have to say about using it all day.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
The problem with makeup is it starts looking like you have makeup on your face and too much makeup doesn't look good.

..and there are many natal women who wear a lot of makeup or look like they're obviously wearing makeup.