• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Literature To Help Post Coming Out

Guest mary/jason

Guest mary/jason

I've come up with this coming out plan after i decided that i'm miserable in the closet and im never gonna transition if i don't come out. By the end of the school year i'd like to be out to my college friends. friends at home would be next, so i could secure a place in case i'm disowned. then my family, which if i get the summer camp job i'm hoping for, i will leave them a large letter upon my departure and wont be back for 8 weeks, 3 hours away.

anyhow, i want to give them some sort of book or general literature that might help them become better informed on the situation, specifically FTM stuff. preferably teenagers, but as long as its directed to family or parents of transpeople, it'll work. i just wanted to know if any of you guys (and ladies) have any good recommendations that maybe helped your families understand stuff after you came out? i'm currently scouring the internet for sites but i figure maybe a well written book would help too.

thanks,

madison

Guest ChloëC

Hi madison,

Before this drops too much further, I'll post a link to a site that has a lot of books with reviews here

I remember very recently in another forum, there was a discussion about a newer book having to do with parents accepting the transgender nature of their child, but I can't remember where. Hopefully, others will stop by with more ideas.

Hugs

Chloe

ps - I read about a half dozen or more books when they weren't so available back in the 1970's and 80's, mostly biographies, I noticed one of them on the list above. I'm sure there are many more really good books today, I probably should pick up some, but having lived the tg life, now, books don't mean as much.