• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Well I've Done It Now....

Guest Orva26

Look in my gallery and it'll all make sense! I wanted to put a face to myself despite my nervousness in doing so, meh not sure why logic isn't my strong suit right now. :P

Also have an altierer motive. If I am going to socially transition I'm gonna need to get a handle on this make up thing. I'm pretty much a blank slate so gimme them details. Also feel free to be as brutally honest about my prospects as possible as that is what I prefer.

weeeeeeeeeee

-Orva

I think you have a lot of potential. Your chin has more of a female look. I can see where hormones would have a very positive affect.

Jenny

Guest Elizabeth K

WOW

The real you - and you wanna know something? It's GRAND! Now - go for it! Learn to be that female person you are inside - get a smile on that face, because you are going to be a beautiful woman someday - if you just want it and work at getting through the hoops.

I see nothing showing that with the proper therapy, the proper ATTITUDE, and the willpower to be yourself - will ever stop you.

Thank you form putting a face to the name now... Dress as yourself and take more photographs! Ask for opinions, and just 'BE."

Lizzy

I think you have a lot of potential. Your chin has more of a female look.

O_O

Chin, female, YAY! A few years back my ex was like, "Hey you should shave like this to accentuate your jawline and chin!" I took it as, "Yo! YOU GOT A MANLY JAWLINE AND CHIN!" Guess the inverse makes more sense, why would I need to accentuate it if it was super manly to begin with. :lol:

This is actually great to hear because my chin and jaw have been one of the main face things that have been bugging me.

Thank you form putting a face to the name now... Dress as yourself and take more photographs! Ask for opinions, and just 'BE."

Oh there will be more! Now I'm ravenous, going to hit up the Goodwill store near me soon. Its tiny but it basically is a woman's clothing outlet 'cause that's what everyone donates. And shoes need to happen! Probably boots since its winter and all.

Thanks everyone!

Now I'm gonna call some peeps and hopefully get some hanging out done.

<3

Orva

Hmmm...you look exactly like someone that owes me $20.

Kim

Lady, I don't know what you're talking about! :P

Well how about now? Put a whole bunch of pictures in my gallery.

Support from here put me in a really good mood so I went out, dropped approximately $74 and really started up a wardrobe and got some makeup. I still have somethings to get. Overall I feel pretty good though, like I'm not freaking out about anything pretty much. I got 2 pars of pants, 3 short sleeve shirts, a pink sweater, two pairs of shoes. Bought me some makeup as well!

Indeed, the only bad part about today was realizing that I still have guilt and shame in regards to buying these things. Definitely want to get rid of that regardless of if I prove to be TS, CD, or what-have-you.

I'm gonna try to little by little get more makeup and work on improving that but I'm probably always going to be shooting for a minimalist look. If I have time during the week I'll practice to home my skills! And show off more outfits.

<3

Orva

Inconsequentially, what is the best way to take off foundation and eyeliner? Should probably do that before sleeping.

Lady, I don't know what you're talking about! :P

Well how about now? Put a whole bunch of pictures in my gallery.

Support from here put me in a really good mood so I went out, dropped approximately $74 and really started up a wardrobe and got some makeup. I still have somethings to get. Overall I feel pretty good though, like I'm not freaking out about anything pretty much. I got 2 pars of pants, 3 short sleeve shirts, a pink sweater, two pairs of shoes. Bought me some makeup as well!

Indeed, the only bad part about today was realizing that I still have guilt and shame in regards to buying these things. Definitely want to get rid of that regardless of if I prove to be TS, CD, or what-have-you.

I'm gonna try to little by little get more makeup and work on improving that but I'm probably always going to be shooting for a minimalist look. If I have time during the week I'll practice to home my skills! And show off more outfits.

<3

Orva

Inconsequentially, what is the best way to take off foundation and eyeliner? Should probably do that before sleeping.

Nice to see you "in the flesh"! I was wondering if that vamp in your avatar was youdoh1.gif. You look more respectable than

she does LOL! In response to your questions regarding makeup removal there are a few basics every closeted male bodied female dressing person should know:

1. As pointed out in another thread... Buy polish remover before applying polish! Also some red reds will try and leave a residual tint.

2. Mascara and liner can seem to be totally removed and be not quite so... trust the tissue or cotton ball, not the mirror. If $ are an

issue, use Ponds cold cream cleanser Green Lid, not Blue. Blue lid is good moisturizer, not cleanser. Very cost effective, no need

buying brand name baby oil like removers.

3. Cheep holiday makeup kits with 50 eyeshadows, 5 lipsticks etc are junk, don't bother.

4. Red red lipsticks can leave subtle tint, so be aware

5. One thing I've noticed with bottom eyelid liner, subtle is good. It can look goth or distracting to the point of ruining a "look" quite

easily. Lighting or flash considerations aside, I've been surprised in photos at how prominent the lower liner can be in compared

to what I thought I was seeing in the mirror. Less can be more...

Hey, btw, have fun!

Michelle

Nice to see you "in the flesh"! I was wondering if that vamp in your avatar was youdoh1.gif. You look more respectable than

she does LOL!

Confused here, you mean my first avatar picture? I still don't know who she was and cannot find anymore pics of her. I'm guessing for some reason she didn't cut it as a model. She was actually one of the ones I stumbled on that made me realize I might be able to pull it off. :)

2. Mascara and liner can seem to be totally removed and be not quite so... trust the tissue or cotton ball, not the mirror. If $ are an issue, use Ponds cold cream cleanser Green Lid, not Blue. Blue lid is good moisturizer, not cleanser. Very cost effective, no need buying brand name baby oil like removers.

Well how I handled it this time was Canola oil. :lol: That type of makeup is just oil soluble so a cotton ball and cooking oil can do a decent job. Just have to be super careful not to get any in the eye for two reasons, one it'll sting and two since it is only meant for cooking Canola oil has all sorts of lil'guys/gals living in it. But the Ponds stuff is good to know, guess there's not point holding back now that my face is up, I kinda work for the parent company that owns Ponds. Gonna rock that employee discount HARDCORE!

5. One thing I've noticed with bottom eyelid liner, subtle is good. It can look goth or distracting to the point of ruining a "look" quite easily. Lighting or flash considerations aside, I've been surprised in photos at how prominent the lower liner can be in compared to what I thought I was seeing in the mirror. Less can be more...

Yeah looking at last night's pictures I did sort of look like some kinda andro-goth. Part of me is like, YAY ANDRO-GOTH cause I've always kind of wanted to give that a try buuuuut I've realized that my favorite shirt is not very flattering. The shoulder pointiness draws attention there. I have a better shirt/blouse thing that kind of pinches my mid-section and helps out a bit. Probably take some pictures of that tonight, provided I have time between furniture shopping and cleaning all the blasted dishes I've been neglecting in my mania. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the tips! I'm going to have a whole bunch of fun with this, and it seems a decent amount of peace as well. I'm going to have to see what turn up when I'm out since there are two main aspects to my discomfort and the main one is social, i.e. that I am being socially recognized as male and I don't think that is something I want. The appearance part gets all sort of help with dressing it seems and that is good. :)

ps. Can HRT do anything to the shoulder region? Is it a reasonable expectation that it will make me lose upper body mass?