• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Myspace/facebook

Guest My_Genesis

Guest Evan_J

Ironically, since I don't have that checked here, everything I have on the net says "male". Because I know that that's how I'm going to interact with anybody here meaning point of view, expressions, pronouns, the works.

By the same token, and its only just one instance like a week ago, I started an account on a site where I finally ran into the problem of chicks looking for a male-bodied man. I think because (I didn't realize it initially) the site ultimately is a "I wanna hook up with you in rt and can you be my baby's daddy" type deal; overrun with exjailhouse, "all these lesbians need to get over it and ain't no such thing as this trans mess, they just need to get it served to 'em proper", world-class phobe types.. ....I dunno...I think I just wish I had never surfed there at all for any reason lol. It really was just one more reason to avoid certain environments. And I've digressed.

I dunno. I never thought twice about ticking male until actually deciding to do something about transitioning. I'm more sensitive to the fact that people might differentiate the fact that I'm trans as opposed to a non-trans male. Maybe just because I'm closer to merging my inner and external. Maybe because I'm having to accept that at some time in the future I may have to explain it to someone that I'm interested in.

For the masses outside of the family/ex-schoolmates/considered friends , heck, tell em whatever you choose.

For the peeps who you like and want to have friendships with tho, it gets kinda hard to keep it straight after a while....somehting to consider.

As for the orientation part......

I know that once I transition "technically" I'll be classified for most peeps as straight ( I am actually to myself ) and yet ......I don't wanna be in the group with those very people I described 3 paragraphs back.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest My_Genesis

I can't believe i didn't think of this before but...

My profile is private on myspace, and I know many people, especially people who are private on myspace, do not indicate their gender on their profile..so what do you think if i leave that blank, and put straight for orientation? And in addition to that, since a lot of people do this also, I was gonna put a different profile picture, rather than a picture of myself... That way people who I add later, like celebs and stuff (I've been adding a lot of celeb profiles lately lol)..as well as anyone else who get added after, will just make assumptions...I'm just kinda concerned about people who already know me personally, because I kinda feel like I'm lying, since only my closest friend knows about the trans thing (as well as anyone who has read my blog on there but i doubt anyone has lol)

and for facebook id just leave it female and leave interested in blank b/c i dont know anyone who doesnt indicate their sex on facebook and that would seem really weird, plus it would be so obvious and people would notice it right away and probably would start asking questions :rolleyes:

So I'm gonna do that, see how it goes, for some reason I feel really excited about it :) But if a bunch of you disapprove I'll change it back, just wanted a more objective opinion..

Guest My_Genesis
As for the orientation part......

I know that once I transition "technically" I'll be classified for most peeps as straight ( I am actually to myself ) and yet ......I don't wanna be in the group with those very people I described 3 paragraphs back.

Yeah same here which is why on facebook i wouldnt dare put "female" and "interested in women"

Guest My_Genesis

I've had a few people outwardly tell me that I look completely straight..viewing me as a female of course..but idk if its just those few people, idk how they see that though, I don't look girly at all, other than the fact that I have long hair since everyone still thinks I'm female and I'm not yet trying to look like a guy..it just really bugs me that people never actually say what they think, so i have to figure it out for myself :huh:

My blog on myspace says 15 total views, but that's between two entries, only one of which mentions me being trans, so it's also bugging me that I don't know how many of those views were of which entry, and who specifically viewed them/it :wacko:

Guest sphere

I just put "male" on my facebook and I have that application SGO so I pretty much say "hey world I'm trans" but as far as using that for coming out, it doesn't work very well for me hahaha.

I just put my gender as male a while ago when my default pic on myspace still looked like a girl, i've only gotten like one question from a curious friend of mine who's bi XD I stopped putting my orientation on myspace cuz people were showing my page to their parents or the parents would get nosy while checking their kids & my mom got phone calls, so i had to make a whole new myspace because of it, but i would've later on because my url had my female name on it...

On facebook i dont enter a gender. I get notifications asking me to put one in but i just ignore it. And in the Interested In: part i put "men" and "women," but if you're in the closet just leave it blank, no one will care.