• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Don't Know What To Do Now, Help?

Guest Gauvain

Guest Gauvain

I came out to my three closest friends last week through e-mail. As said in my previous thread, my best friend replied and was completely fine with it and completely understood. I've been waiting for my other friend to reply and finally heard back from her today. Unfortunately, she wasn't as understanding. Here's what she said:

"Hey [birth name],

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I just have been really busy.

I'll just get strait too the point. You are my Best Friend, and I wouldn't let anyone hurt you, and neither would [her brother]. One thing is, that I accept you for who you are, no matter what. Look, you don't have to listen to what I am saying, but God created you for who you are. You have a soul that cannot be replaced, and I know who you are. I know that my best friend is not transgender, and I know you are a girl, with a girl soul. You act more manly than the guys at your school probably because most of them arn't really manly. Believe me, I know. I am not that comfortable in dresses or girl clothing either. That doesn't mean I am transgender. That just means we are tomboys. Girls, but more guyish than regular guys. Look [birth name], I may not know much about this subject than you do, but I know who my Best Friend is. You are a girl who was born a girl. You were also meant to be one. God doesn't make mistakes. I love you [birth name], and hope you have the best of luck telling your family. God Bless.

~ [her name]"

I know she obviously didn't reject me, but I'm still left not knowing what to do... I know she said that she'd never do anything to hurt me, but I don't think she realizes how much she hurt me with what she just said... I know God doesn't make any mistakes. I'm not a mistake, I was born this way, but it doesn't look like she's willing to accept that. I really don't know what to do now, or if I should really even do anything at all. I feel completely lost right now, and because of a lot of other things going on and being on the verge of an emotional breakdown, I just can't think straight... Does anyone know what I can at least try to do now?

Guest JaniceW

What she just said is that she doesn't accept that you are transgendered. She did not reject youn at all. She did not say you had things wrong. She said, not in so many word, that she is having a difficult time seeing you as you see yourself. That is something that she has to figure out for herself. Remember how confused you were when you first confronted this about yourself, well she is at that point right now only it is her friend and not herself. Give her time, be yourself, she will come to see who you really are or she will continue in her imaginary world where she is trying to protect the image she has. Either way this is in her hands and not yours. There is nothing you can do for her other than give the space and time she needs.

Guest Jenth

Gauvain,

I agree with Janice. It sounds like your friend is rejecting the transgender. It also sounds like a religious based rejection, which just makes things a little more difficult. More a fear of the words than a fear of you. Personally I'd feel and revel in the pain then simply release the feelings and make a note not to bring the subject up yourself again. I got a similar answer from my parents when I explained things to them, and today to get my attention at work my mom called out "princess Heathy." I don't think she's on board with the the idea of transition yet, but baby steps and getting her to think of me in the feminine is the important baby step in getting her to understand and accept me as transgendered and accepting that transition may be necessary. Similarly in your case getting your friend to think of you in the masculine will help in her acceptance of your own transgenderism. And the only way to do that is to transition behaviorally, socially, physically. You've told her your feelings, now she'll think about them and any information you slip into your relationship will fill in blanks until it clicks.

Heathy

Guest Evekin

I don't want to get into any religious debate here and have no intention of offending anyone, but if I were to respond to something like this, I would try to talk on their terms. You could say that God simply had a different plan for you. It's not that he made a mistake, but that maybe he wants people to learn to look past peoples bodies and see their soul. If he has a plan for people who were born with all kinds of differences, abnormalities, handicaps, etc, and no Christian considers any of those a mistake on God's part, then there's a plan for you too. You have a male soul, and she will get used to the idea over time, she seems to really care for you as her friend and if she says she'll accept you no matter what, she will accept you for this too in time. Hope this helps, and good luck ^_^

Guest Gauvain

Thanks, everyone.

You're right that I should probably just give it time, and that's what I'll do. Thanks again for the advice. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aries

I agree ...I don't want to anger anyone either but I truly feel that God gave us legs so that when we see we are on the edge of a crumbling precipice we can jump to safety. The argument posed here could be made about my analogy...

It's like your friend saying, "I know you are at the edge of a crumbling cliff and you could surely jump to safety (with the legs God gave you), but since God doesn't make mistakes, the cliff is supposed to crumble, and you need to accept that and stay right where you are."

Doesn't make sense to me either, and I think people that say these types of things are just using God to hide the fact that THEY have difficulties they are unable or unwilling to address regarding your transition. I think another way to see this is God put an extra hurdle in front of us because he loves us and has faith in us that we can overcome this challenge (being transgendered). Again I'm sorry if that's offensive, but it is what I believe.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 247 Guests (See full list)

• vVinegar077
    • Elizabeth3197
    • Birdie
    • Betty K
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

gizgizgizzie
    Newest Member
    gizgizgizzie

1. Angelo christoper
      Angelo christoper
      (38 years old)
    2. Joslynn
      Joslynn
      (61 years old)
    3. Kaltia_Atlas
      Kaltia_Atlas
    4. Rika_Lil
      Rika_Lil
      (40 years old)
    5. Summerluv
      Summerluv
      (19 years old)
    • VickySGV
      I want to hold back on this one until more solid information comes out.  The defendant is claiming it was accidental, but the Trans side is demanding a hate crime scenario which an accident would preclude.  Pardon the phrase, but as I read this folks are jumping the gun here.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.advocate.com/crime/trans-teen-jazlynn-johnson-killed   This is a tragic ruination of two young lives.  It is very sad.  May Jazlynn rest in peace.   Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, here's the big questions:  What does it mean to be masculine?  What does it mean to be a woman?    I've been around a lot of rule-bending in those areas.  There's all sorts of "traditional" views about what men and women do.  Men work on mechanical things, defend/protect, earn a living, play rough sports, etc.  Women cook and clean, are gentle and nurturing, value aesthetics over function, etc.   Yet, my very "masculine" industrial-manager husband cooks just as well as any Betty Crocker wannabe, and tells the bedtime stories that are most in-demand by the kids.  My GF, who is surely "ALL Girl" is a highly skilled mechanic, a street racer, was busily laying concrete while 6 months pregnant, and practices kenjutsu (Japanese sword fighting skills).  And me?  I'm AFAB but I'm infertile and I feel like I should have had a male body...yet I possess very little in the way of "manly" skills or desire to acquire them.  I'm in my boy form these days, but pretty much useless for accomplishing "boy stuff."     I think my family blew those definitions out of the water.  Yet, somehow our family structure is also religiously patriarchal....and happily so!  It'll bend your brain to try to figure that one out.    I'd say its just important to be you, do what you do best, and stick your tongue out at anybody who doesn't like it. 
    • JenniferB
      Welcome to the board gizgizgizzie! I sure can understand what dysphoria feels like. I found it stayed in my head during nearly all waking hours. Although, sometimes held in a little deeper. But it was triggered easily. I hope you can find that place you feel comfortable with yourself. This is a good place to find help as you traverse your journey.   Jennifer
    • VickySGV
      Welcome to the Forums @gizgizgizzie we have folks in your situations to talk to and share with. 
    • gizgizgizzie
      hi everyone, my name is giz (or gizzie), i use all prns but i prefer they/it and i just found out abt this place pretty recently !! im really excited to find community among other trans people from so many walks of life !! in my personal life, i do have trans/queer friends but its not easy to navigate that without coming out all willy nilly (and i can't come out to my family, pretty much ever) so this is a pretty good place for me to get to know people and make new friends !!   i also have this weird dysphoria issue that i feel like everyone (and society at large lol) is attaching me to categories and boxes that don't really fit me (obviously this is to do with my agab) so being here without that presentation is also really helpful !!   i also hope to be able to start and share my transitions goals and things like that (just getting my body to a more androgynous look) !!   thanks for reading, and i hope to see more of y'all soon !!
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, my friends are out publicly. Openly transgender, and on HRT.  I agree that the survival of all of us is at stake.  But I think there are threats greater and more dangerous than those faced exclusively by LGBTQ folks.   Rising prices. Unaffordable food.  EPA strangling transportation and energy.  Needless foreign wars that put us at risk of literal nuclear annihilation.  A government that wants to tax us, track us, and control every aspect of our lives...including using us as guinea pigs for their medical experiments.     Trump is no savior.  Neither is the Republican party.  But I believe that a vote for Democrats in the federal government is for sure a vote for globalism and what follows it.  War, famine, plague, slavery, and death don't care if we're trans or cis.  
    • Ladypcnj
      There is light at the end of the tunnel, just believe. 
    • Ashley0616
      Y’all are pretty ladies
    • Ashley0616
    • Ivy
      People who are out publicly, and openly transgender, maybe on HRT, having changed names and gender, have a lot to lose if anti-trans politicians take power.  They have openly called for our eradication, and promise to do everything they can to accomplish this.  (again, 2025) For someone in this position the election is about our survival.  It's foolish to delude ourselves into thinking "Oh, they don't really mean that.  It's all for show," or, "There's other more important things to concern ourselves with." Maybe for some people the other things take priority.  But if you have skin in the game, things look different.  
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      If that happens, a lot of things I don't want to see might also be codified into law.  And some things that shouldn't be law might not get repealed.  To me, progress in one area isn't worth the price we'd have to pay in several other areas.     For me, voting on LGBTQ issues always ends up as an "out of the frying pan, but into the fire" sort of event.  
    • Ivy
      Trying out a new wig. Got my reading glasses on. I've also got dark roots now - first time in years.
    • Vidanjali
      Thea, your post made me think of a comic named Chloe Petts whom I saw recently on Hannah Gadsby's Gender Agenda comedy special on Netflix. She is a cisgender masculine lesbian. She is brilliant and so funny. I was intrigued by her identification - specifically masculine, not butch. And it seems to me there is a difference. 
    • Vidanjali
      Today I had a dr appt. When I checked in, I was asked my surname, which I gave. Apparently there were two patients with appointments at that time with that same surname. The receptionist asked, "Are you (my legal name which is feminine) or Paul?" I got such a kick out of it not being assumed I had the feminine name. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.