• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feelings Changing Going To Therapy

Guest Krisina

Guest Krisina

I'm transgender. And yet I am not one of those transgender people who is being knowingly dealing with their dysphoria since the age of five for example. I've been going to therapy and the more I go to therapy the more it seems I'm becoming more dysphoric. Now I can't  really see

myself being intimate with this plumbing. I'm dealing with things with my therapist from my past as well as all the gender stuff. Does that make sense? Is this all in my head?

Also I am finding every time after I've gone for laser treatment. There's a period of a week or so where I'm waiting for my face to clear up. I don't like looking at the face without it being smooth and clear without dark patched on it. If i dress up what I see on my face i don't like. And I like seeing hair on my body even less than I did before. The type of body hair just isn't feminine. I don't know just some thoughts. 

I would have thought my feelings would have been constant about body hair being, romance etc etc but feelings are changing.  That's how I  reading my feelings today trying to analyze all this stuff. 

Wondering how others feel. 

Krisina

• Admin

Krisina, while it's different for everyone, I do believe that feelings about your own body, how you relate to those around you, how you feel about yourself and being trans, or not being trans, can and often does

change over time. The reason can be as simple as coming to terms with who you are, having feelings released from being repressed, and similar issues.

Discuss all of these concerns with your G.T. hon. That's what they''re paid to help you with.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Krisina, my feelings change from time to time but that's because I'm much more comfortable with myself. It's part becoming your true self and living in your new identity.

Gennee

:)