• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Another Sister Story

Guest Addi

Guest Shari

Hi everybody,

It seems like we have a lot of need for acceptance when it comes to our sisters. Just like the post from a few days ago, I sent my sister an e-mail explaining myself last night (I left a lot of the details out). My sister's response included the following:

"Please call me if you need to talk and keep me posted on how things are going.  Again, I love you and there is nothing that will ever change that, I've always felt a special connection to you.   I guess I just have another little sister in the works, huh?  Do what you need to be happy.  I'm here, every step of the way.

Love always, your big sister, always. "

I would have been crushed without her acceptance, but this was over the top cool.

We lost our younger sister to alcoholism earlier this year (liver failure) and I was afraid of losing another by coming out to her. I was so wrong.

Hugs,

Happy, happy (crying) Shari

Guest John Chiv

Shari,

What a wonderful post to read. Handing you some tissue. Very glad that you have such a loving family and that you are a part of our family at Laura's.

John

Guest Donna Jean

Shari.....

I came out to my older sister as well.....I'm 61 and she's 63.....

She calls me 'Lil Sis and signs her letters "Big Sis"

Supports me amazingly!

I know how you feel, Hon!

Huggs

Donna Jean