• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's Your Style?

Guest Lacey Lynne

Guest Lacey Lynne

Yes, indeedie, I believe we can agree that cultivating and working YOUR own best look that makes you feel your best and be you the most is a good idea.

Any celebrity have the look you want or anything close to it? If so, post a pic! If not, then just post YOUR pic! This should be fun!

For me, this look rocks my world and I love it. Guess who this is? Old-timers around here may very well know. Young 'uns?

Hey! Who's that guy? Hee, hee, hee!

541194608_7c232b64dc.jpg

Category 5 Hurricane at full-tilt-boogie mode anyone?

42-18979557.jpg

Now here's my look, and I just love it!

0000304599-016.jpg

Well, whether a celebrity has the look you want or you've invented your own look, we'd love to see it. Post way, please. Many thanks.

:friends: Lacey :friends:

Guest ranse

It's probably not the smartest move, but I've been stealing wardrobe ideas from Keith Richards since 1981. Tom Waits is also a style icon for me. Lacey, you and I can have a rock-n-roll fashion support group.

Guest Lacey Lynne

It's probably not the smartest move, but I've been stealing wardrobe ideas from Keith Richards since 1981. Tom Waits is also a style icon for me. Lacey, you and I can have a rock-n-roll fashion support group.

Hey, Ranse!

Uhhh, do you mean: KEEF RIFFHARD ... greatest rhythm guitarist of all time?

Saw him LIVE AND IN CONCERT in 1979! Yeehi! Awesome! Here:

Keith20richards1.jpg

Dang, Ranse! There's YOU! And, here's me:

janis-joplin1.jpg

Get your guitar, and I'll get a microphone and we'll rock this place! B)

Tom Waites? VERY cool! A guy I knew was a huge Waites fan. Love it! Thanks for your reply, man!

Everybody:

Hey, no way will I comment a lot on here. But, Keith Richards?!? Heck, yeah!!! Gotta say something about Keef Riffhard! B):PB)

Hugs & Thanks! :blush: Lacey Lynne

Guest sarah f
  • Forum Moderator

I'm all over the place really-from a rock look to 30s suits (If i could get away with wearing one or pull off the look-think Gary Cooper in Mr Deeds Goes To Town)

I like leather and metal combined with cooler stuff so it isn't as hard edged if that makes sense-I don't know exactly who I'd choose. A sort of Judas Priest meets Bon Jovi thing. Can't think of anybody doing exactly that.

A look that says if I like it I'm gonna wear it and to blazes with fashion and not in your face but don't get in mine.

Johnny

Guest ranse

We'll add some old school rock flair to this place, Lacey.

Yeah, I've seen the Stones a few times and Keith's one of my favorite people on the planet. I'll also admit to Bob Dylanesque clothing just to show my age a bit more.

Have you seen "Festival Express"? It's a documentary of a tour of festivals across Canada where Janis Joplin, The Band, The Grateful Dead, and a few other bands booked a train to go from gig to gig. There are some clips on youtube if you want to track them down, but there's a funny scene where Janis, Rick Danko, Jerry Garcia, and Bob Weir are jamming on the train and Jerry kind of hits on Janis. She has this fantastic laugh and looks stunning. (Kind of sad, though, how messed up everybody is.)

Guest Lacey Lynne

We'll add some old school rock flair to this place, Lacey.

Yeah, I've seen the Stones a few times and Keith's one of my favorite people on the planet. I'll also admit to Bob Dylanesque clothing just to show my age a bit more.

Have you seen "Festival Express"? It's a documentary of a tour of festivals across Canada where Janis Joplin, The Band, The Grateful Dead, and a few other bands booked a train to go from gig to gig. There are some clips on youtube if you want to track them down, but there's a funny scene where Janis, Rick Danko, Jerry Garcia, and Bob Weir are jamming on the train and Jerry kind of hits on Janis. She has this fantastic laugh and looks stunning. (Kind of sad, though, how messed up everybody is.)

Everybody:

Wow! Love everybody's replies! Thanks SOOO much!

Ranse:

Festival Express? Ooohhh, yes ... seen it several times. As we age, these are such sweet memories. You are majorly right about one thing in particular: It really IS ashame how wasted everybody was then and there. It's like the signifier and demarcator of hipness was to be stoned. Stupid ... it really was. There's ONE book that comments on this better than anything I've ever seen. Maybe you know of something better than this. If so, hey, please tell me. Author Alice Echols is positively brilliant! Here's the link to that particular book:

http://www.amazon.co...06641982&sr=1-1

Totally worth buying and reading. Heck, I've read this book and the other two major Janis biographies through several times.

Ranse: YOU ROCK! B)

Hey:

Gonna be gone from these forums for rather a long time, actually. Got a 10-year plan. Got lots to do. Gotta get committed, get focused, get going, and I'm GOING to. Now is the time.

I'll be lurking moreorless regularly. Anybody ever wanna reach me? Just PM me.

Love & Peace :blush:Lacey Lynne

Wanna maximize and optimize your HRT?

Exercise ... Diet ... Attitude: Just like Corey! :wub:

Edited by JJ
Inappropriate image removed. Johnny
Guest ChloëC

Two actresses (one who has passed away sadly), I always enjoyed and appreciated, Suzanne Pleshette and Elizabeth Ashley. Attractive, witty, independent. Give me time to think of a few more.

Hugz

Chloë

• Forum Moderator

Let's hear it for those Bass Playing Women, yeah baby.....

:lol:

• Admin

This is who I admire in qualities and looks and hope I have his style.

John

Nice choice, John! I heartily approve. Now there is a guy anyone can look up to.

Carolyn Marie

Guest John Chiv

Dee Jay, great choice with Bonnie.

Amy, I like your choices and would have to know what dash of Katy Perry because that one I am having a hard time wondering why, because she is so not worthy of you :-) Of course, that is my opinion.

Carolyn, Thanks. I always liked him.

John