• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Um ... Oops

Guest Amethyst_Redemption

Guest Miss_Construe

Hey all,

Well, I went down to my brother's graduation from CU medical like the good and supportive sister that I am. The tricky thing is my brother has not seen me since moving me into my current apartment (about 6 months). I decided to go in boy mode, but that involved a tank top as i am rather warm and the sun was definitely out. I had my hair back in a low ponytail and wore my baggy black pants that look very andro (though they are a size 12 rather than 34" 34"). I did sport some stud earrings and my "Day of Silence" bracelet, but it is also unisex. The thing about this sort of boy mode is I passed as a boy about as well as a doughnut passes as a bagel. I met my mom there and she broke that news to me. "You look muscular, but ..." "I look like a lesbian" I offered, to which she nodded. Awesome and NOOOOOO! all at the same time. Unfortunately my brother was completely unprepared to see me as a woman and freaked out. Not only that but my cousin and his wife were COMPLETELY unaware of my transition. They took everything in stride. "You seem happier." Once I started on my way back home my brother was kind enough to reach out to mend my poor shattered ego and heart. We are not good now, but I think things will work out.

Now the scary and frustrating part. My brother is still helping me move tomorrow later in the day. My friend wants me to be my true self with him, which seems ill advised at the moment. The really horrible part of that particular tidbit is how tempting it is to be Amy rather than Jaime around him. Hell, part of me wonders if that would actually help.

Anyway, final score: Five people who I came out to by just showing up, four who were relatively cool with it. The one is the person I had until recently been the closest with in my life. I am really scared about the future but also really hopeful. With all of the growth that both of us have experienced I think that in the future we could actually be closer, despite me being fluorescent pink glitter girlie and he is essentially Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in a bad mood. Should work out.

I hope he likes my nails. Literally glitter purple polish. I think it will go over well ;):lol: .

Hugs to everyone since you all are just so AWESOME!!!

<3

Amy

Guest Miss_Construe

Also, an old man asked if he could sit on my lap. ... Then proceeded to use female pronouns when referring to me the rest of the day. Usually if I notice I pass I run off ASAP so they can't change their minds :lol::blush:.

oh well, adventures in being a girl (SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!)

<3

Amy

• Forum Moderator

Wow Amy! That was quite a day.

Sometimes it is hard to predict how people will eventually react but the fact that the rest of the family is accepting bodes well for your future relationship. Our coming out is such a big shock that it isn't surprising sometimes people need time to adjust their thinking and the closer they are the harder that process can be for them because they have so much more emotionally invested in who they thought we were.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed and sending positive thoughts your way for tomorrow.

Hugs

Johnny

Guest Donna Jean

Once I started on my way back home my brother was kind enough to reach out to mend my poor shattered ego and heart. We are not good now, but I think things will work out.

Now the scary and frustrating part. My brother is still helping me move tomorrow later in the day. My friend wants me to be my true self with him, which seems ill advised at the moment. The really horrible part of that particular tidbit is how tempting it is to be Amy rather than Jaime around him. Hell, part of me wonders if that would actually help.

Amy

Just my .02, Hon.....

You toned down for his graduation, but, still saw his reaction....

I think it would be a good idea to keep it on a low level for the move as you already know that your bro has an issue...

Why tweak the lion....?

Do the move and then give him a little time to come around...

Just my thought!

Good luck

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Miss_Construe

Just my .02, Hon.....

You toned down for his graduation, but, still saw his reaction....

I think it would be a good idea to keep it on a low level for the move as you already know that your bro has an issue...

Why tweak the lion....?

Do the move and then give him a little time to come around...

Just my thought!

Good luck

Huggs

Donna Jean

My thoughts exactly. Thank you and ***HUGS***

<3

Amy

Guest John Chiv

Amy,

Whatever you end up doing tomorrow, you have my support and good thoughts. Regardless of how your friends feel or anyone else feels, what I gathered from your post is you don't want to push the issue tomorrow and therefore that's all that matters.

Hugs,

John