• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Self Doubt

Guest Karo-chan

Guest Karo-chan

This is something I know a lot of transgenders go through, so it's a little comforting knowing I'm not alone. But the closer I get to starting my first hormone treatment the more the thought of "Is this a good idea?" haunts my every waking thought.

I don't have doubt I'm transgendered(Although sometimes I wonder if/am worried I just "want" to be transgendered.). If it was a phase I probably would have gotten over it closer to 18 years ago when I first realized I wasn't like the other boys. I don't really want to ramble on and on, but I'd just like to know what other people have done to help ease their doubt? Some days everything seems crystal clear and I know what I want, others I spend the entire day thinking about it.

Guest Emily Ray

Doubt and questioning when doing something as extreme as cross gender hormones is very healthy. It is my opinion that if you make a mistake in starting hormones it will become very clear very early. Likewise if you are truly transgender than that will be clear as well. It is important to not let the fear keep you from trying to improve your life.

Huggs

Emily

• Forum Moderator

All of us go through it. And i have frequently heard it said the time to worry is if you approach such a monumental and life altering event without questions or doubts.

The thing to remember is that one pill or patch or shot doesn't change you forever. It takes a long time and if you find yourself still questioning after you start then you can stop. Some of us do-but I believe almost all go back to it. You need to be ready. At the same time it's like any other major commitment-scary.

Here is an article by a Gender therapist that talks about this.

http://www.firelily.com/gender/gianna/hormones.later.html

I think you might find it helpful. There are many helpful and thought provoking articles on that site that a;sp tie in to some extent.

You aren't alone. And what you are feeling is natural. i think in the end deep down you will know what you want

Hugs

Johnny

Guest Karo-chan

All of us go through it. And i have frequently heard it said the time to worry is if you approach such a monumental and life altering event without questions or doubts.

The thing to remember is that one pill or patch or shot doesn't change you forever. It takes a long time and if you find yourself still questioning after you start then you can stop. Some of us do-but I believe almost all go back to it. You need to be ready. At the same time it's like any other major commitment-scary.

Here is an article by a Gender therapist that talks about this.

http://www.firelily.com/gender/gianna/hormones.later.html

I think you might find it helpful. There are many helpful and thought provoking articles on that site that a;sp tie in to some extent.

You aren't alone. And what you are feeling is natural. i think in the end deep down you will know what you want

Hugs

Johnny

Thanks. That link really helps. ^^

Guest Dubstep Girl

self-doubt is normal. i stop and question my self alot, however, as time passes and i start to learn more about myself, i realize theres definitely a girl inside of me, an inner girl that just wants to come out, and when i can close my eyes and feel like i am a girl and that that is who i am, thats when i know i'm transgendered and not a regular guy.

i think that theres just that point when you feel that there is defnitely something different inside of you and you realize that you are who you are, thats when all self-doubt disappears. now i wake up everyday and theres no doubt in my mind, im definitely a girl :)