• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Earrings And Ear Infections

Guest Krisina

Guest Krisina

Okay then. I have had earrings for several months now, since April. I have only taken out my earrings once and that was to switch over to new ones, no problem. After a while I got a little lazy with the applying the sterilizer stuff and noticed one day white stuff coming out around one of my ear piercings as well as the earring being more indented in the ear. I am now being more diligent with the stuff. I was told by the store to clean it with the cotton testicles and apply the sterilizer solution. If it doesn't go away in a week see a doctor. I have had it where it was fine for a over a week and then I noticed it again when not applying it again as often as when I first got them. It's gone for the moment. How have others dealt with this happening. I was also told NOT to take the earrings out because it would seal up the piercing and the infection could be sealed up inside the ear too.

Krisina

I had something similar about 6 months ago, 4 months after getting my ears repierced. I was told to clean them everyday lkke I had just gotten them pierced for 4-6 weeks. Did that and they have been fine since.

Hope your ears get better and the piercings heal up right super fast hon. It's no fun having to wait even longer to play with all the options we get for earrings!

<3

Elena

My left ear became infected a few times, even though I cleaned them three times a day. Every time my ear did become infected it would start healing within a day. They always became infected in the middle of sleep.

Here is a good video on how to clean your ears after having them pierced from Claire's. This is an advertisement for Claire's but is very informative. These are good steps to follow no matter where you got your ears pierced.

Jenny

Guest Krisina

Okay good, there a few others here who have had to deal with it. It sounds like I will be okay then, just staying on top of it, and yes, having to wait longer before trying other earring options.

btw, I like the video link JenniferB included . I have seen that video before from Clare's and an older video too. They are the best after piercing videos that I have seen on the web.

Krisina

Guest IsabelleStPierre

Greetings,

I have multiple piercings in each ear and have only once had a problem with infection. I tried the solution they give you when you get your ears pierced, but it didn't do anything to help stop the infection. What worked best for me was Neosporin. I would apply some to both sides of the ear, slide the post around a bit to work it into the piercing, and after about 2-days the infection was gone. One very important note, do not under any circumstances remove the earring as you most likely won't be able to get it back in and if it closes up while infected the infection can get worse and spread.

Peace, love, and contentment,

Isabelle

Guest Donna Jean

Don't forget a VERY important item!

With ears that are healing....turn the posts often!

That lets the air get to them and keeps the ear from healing around them!

Huggs

Dee Jay

• 2 weeks later...

its soap and skin cells, if it goes red and sore then its infected. take it from me, i've got a 34 mm tunnel in one ear and have had various other peircings in other places (not disclosing where) lol ;) you'll be fine, its just an ear piercing.

congrats on getting them done aswell :)