• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

40th Birthday Accomplishments

Guest Christine Alexa

Guest Christine Alexa

OK.. today's my 40th birthday and I just wanted to share the below.

In April of 2010, when I came to a crossroads that I had to make some life style changes if I was going to continue to live, I made some big goals I wanted greatly to accomplish by today.

Get to a healthy, maintainable weight (Get my body back!!!)

Success, I weight 155lbs ( I was 245lbs in April 2010) and have my hot legs and DONKEY back :) :)

Resolve my marriage to either make it work or end it

Success, the divorce is almost final and she is out of the country

Resolve my gender issues

Success, I've lived full time since Jan of this year

My legal name change to Christine Alexa Neal has been in effect since Feb and all my id, etc is changed over

I've been on HRT since March, and *LOVE* what it has done for my body. Puberty is *SO* much better the second time around!!!!!!!!

I Have FFS surgery scheduled for 11/21/11 and GRS scheduled the following day, 11/22/11

I'm so happy I've been able to accomplish so much, is such a short period of time. I wasn't sure I could succeed at *ANY* of these goals, as they were all pretty lofty, but holy crap, I have!!!!!

I feel damn lucky, and thankful that I've had the successes I've had so far.

(bounce bounce bounce) :)

• Forum Moderator

Fantastic! Feew people can accomplish even one of those goals and you have managed them all. Something to be very proud of.

I have shared some of the same goals and successes this year-I've lost 105 lbs but have 70 more to go. And I am transitioning with 5 months on T and 7 months RLE essentially but surgery is still a distant dream.

Happy Birthday and Congratulations! Feels great doesn't it! With a year like that behind you I can't even imagine what joys and rewards this new year will bring for you!

Hugs

Johnny