• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Natalie's SRS thread

Guest NatalieRene

Guest NatalieRene

My friend caroline has been a tremendous help. She helped me rehydrate, and I am feeling much better today after having my first bowl movement. I know that sarah is a stronger person than i being able to do this on her own. I don't think I could make it without the help I have been getting.

it's been baby steps with every day being better but every day has its challenges.

Guest NatalieRene

Sorry about the lack of updates.

I had some large stomach issues over the weekend. My advice to anyone going through a surgery is to avoid applesauce and grapes in large amounts during recovery because it causes gas and in my case when mixed with a stomach virus diarrhea. Monday was the first day I've actually been feeling alright. Although today I am feeling sore in the surgical area. I'm thinking it may be the catheter that is bothering me.

My two drainage collectors where taken out two days ago along with a few stitches on the surface. Their removal was somewhat painful but I was doped up on pain killers I think it hurt more in my mind because I was expecting pain.

My surgeon is planning on taking out my catheter today though so hopefully with it out I will be more comfortable. I can't move around very well or for a long amount of time without hurting but while I'm in the bed I'm comfortable.

I've stolen a glance at myself but I have yet to fully explorer myself. However during a movie there was this smoking hot guy who took his shirt off during a beach scene and out of nowhere I started getting a tingling sensation. It was very different but majorly reassuring that I have sensations already.

I don't know when the packing comes out but I assume it is going to be soon.

One really nice thing that happened is yesterday a beautician came out to my apartment yesterday care of Dr. Leis and gave me a manicure and did my eyebrows. On Wednesday she is coming back again to give me a pedicure, facial, and do my hair. I'm looking forward to that.

• Admin

Thanks for the update, hon. Sorry you had to endure those stomach problems, but at least you're feeling better.

I hope things continue to progress for you. Despite the discomfort, I know you're happy, and that's all that matters.

Love

Carolyn

I started getting a tingling sensation. It was very different but majorly reassuring that I have sensations already.

That is great news!!!!!

One really nice thing that happened is yesterday a beautician came out to my apartment yesterday care of Dr. Leis and gave me a manicure and did my eyebrows. On Wednesday she is coming back again to give me a pedicure, facial, and do my hair. I'm looking forward to that.

That is pretty darn great, too...

I'm hangin' on every word, Natalie...thank you for keepin' us all 'in the loop'...

Healing vibes and love beyond measure to you, Svenna

I am glad to hear you are doing better, i did not have stomach issues other than lots of post surgical gas, the sensations probably mean you are sensate, a good thing, do you have spark like sensations, it means the nerve endings are reconnecting, that is also a good thing but a bit awkward if out at a store and you have a long one while walking.

My packing and catheter came out on day 8, maybe both will come out at the same time too, it feels lots better after that is done.

Paula

Guest Sarah Michelle

Natalie it does start to get better. Just take it easy for the first couple weeks and don't overdue it. Slowly the pain and sweeling will go down. You will start to feel like you can do more and more each day. You will find out the ice bag is your best friend.

Guest NatalieRene

My surgeon came by earlier this evening and removed my catheter and my packing. I got my first view of myself and while I was swollen and a little black and blue I was beautiful. Then Dr. Leis gave me my set of dilators and lube and showed me how to go about the process. When I got up into my room I completed my first dilation.

A few minutes ago I tried going number 1 for the first time on my own. It was very difficult to get anything out. I managed to get a little bit out but I feel like I have a lot more to go. However I haven't drunken as much water today so there is the chance my bladder is not all that full. I'm going to try going again in a hour or so.

Guest Krisina

I have been reading your posts and about your recovery too. I am glad things have gone so well.

I really can't imagine what it is all like. I am so happy you have gotten to this point. And a wonderful place to be, only getting better and better. :)

Krisina

Guest NatalieRene

I just finished my second dilation. It was a lot harder to get the dilator in this time and a little uncomfortable but not painful. With this done I set my alarm for 8am for my next dilation before cleaning up and go to bed.

Guest NatalieRene

I have been dilating for several days now and so far I really do not much care for it. It painful. However I upped my dilation time by 30 seconds this last session to help stretch me more in hopes of moving up a size next week by ramping up how long I keep the dilator in me. I am getting a little quicker in getting it in so I don't burn so much time just trying to get it in anymore.

Then in the bathroom front I am doing much better. I have been able to go without as much problem today compared to yesterday.

My mom and one of my Aunts came up to visit me along with a new friend I met today by chance. I had a very busy day.

I also got my hair braided today. I think my hair looks amazing.

Plus my appetite is back to normal which is not something I am taking for granted after my experience earlier this week. All and all I am doing better. My one complaint now is that I feel like I have a Phantom errection which is just strange. My dang penis still lingers from beyond it's grave afterall. Hopefully it won't be something that occurs often.

Natalie, i am glad the bathroom issue is better, you seem to have allot of support and meeting new friends priceless, i did not have the Phantom erection per say but for me it felt more like i was tucked super tight once in awhile, that feeling stopped after a month or so.

Paula

Guest Maria_B

So happy you got your app. back :)

Ugh, would the Penis just DIE already D:?

Braided hair looks so good ^.^ you must feel like a princess! Especially with your new friend you met (:

Best of recovery!

Guest NatalieRene

Nah the friend I met is a trans advocate person who came by to see me and provide moral support.

It was very nice talking to others already recovered from the surgerey to know that pain does subside eventually.

Today the bathroom has still been a major hangout and the pee continues to burn. So my mom bought me some cranberry juice to help reduce the burning feeling. I also switched from ice packs to Luke warm packs to help reduce the swelling in the surgical area.

Guest NatalieRene

I got home from yesterday. My trip was more difficult than I originally planned. I was originally supposed to be driven by home by my at the time friend Caroline Temmermand. But there was a argument that resulted because she unplugged my phone to charge hers without asking me. If she had asked I would have told her that there was another cable for her to charge her phone so she didn't have to unplug mine. I also told her that I needed to charge my phone because I needed the timer for dilation. So then while I'm dilating Caroline threw a fit, took her stuff and left. By the time I heard from her she was in Maryland and she very rudely declared she wasn't coming back. So I bought an Amtrack ticket to Alexandria and got a ride from the train station to my town house from a real friend.

Other then that things have been going great. I'm down to a few advil a day and I am able to sit down without using a donut and drive my car. So I would say I'm about 80% back to normal. That's good for me because now I can start my new job early. Which is good because I only have one pack check coming from my old position at my last employer.

• Admin

I'm glad you're safe at home, Natalie, and feeling better. Don't overdo it, OK? I know you want to rush right back into things, but you're health comes first. Take care.

Love

Carolyn Marie

Natalie, i saw this on your Facebook page, i can not fathom why a friend would leave you stranded like that and all over a phone charger, people are weird like that some times, glad you made it home safe and sound.

You are doing great if you are not using the doughnut much, i used mine for about 8 weeks, now it sits collecting dust, try not to over do it.

Paula

I'm sorry to hear the person left you like that over the phone charger and all but as Paula said people are wierd some times. The most important thing is your in a good place at home now and you are getting better and friends nearby if you need them. :)

You sound like you are doing great!

Hugs

Krisina