• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How did you pick your name?

Guest Alice International

Guest Leslie Michelle

I was little, maybe 6 or 7 years old no was sitting on the floor watching my mom iron. I looked up at her and asked what my name would have been if I'd have been born a girl. She said "Leslie" and from that moment on, Leslie has always been my name. Soon, it will be legally so!

Leslie

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakura

• Sally

• JJ

• MackenzieB

Guest N. Jane

When I was 3 or 4 a new girl moved to the neighbourhood and her name was very pretty. I needed a name so I adopted it. That was over 60 years ago. (And it is NOT Jane!)

I met my birth mother when I was 40 and she said she was going to name me Sheila. I thanked her for giving me up for adoption because I would have HATED that name! :thumbdown:

Guest Cherry

Besides that of being a mtf transsexual I am also struggling with the symptoms of PTSD and DID. Therefore "I" have several names. Of all the different names, i liked the name "Cherry" the most. This is how I got my name.

:rolleyes: Cherry

Guest Jennifer T

I have always wanted to be beautiful. I never will be in this lifetime, and that thought has always hurt and taken ago time to get used to.

"Jennifer" means 'fair' and is a later Welsh version of Guinevere - Arthur's beautiful Queen; a tale which draws me deeply.

"T" is the first letter of my male name, Jennifer's protector.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MaybeLeslie

I kind of didn't pick mine, or rather didn't mean too. I don't know lol. I was and still am working on accepting that this might really be me. Anyways I was think of names I liked and writing them down. I kinda spaced off...think I was just staring at the comp screen zoned out, looked down and I had wrote in cursive Leslie Ann like 20 times...I was like um okay then... lol...I'm ditzy and its close to my birth name so I guess my inner me knew the answer. I was shooting for Melinda or Melody but hey I guess you can't argue with yourself ... lol.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Zayden

Matthew is the name that I used as my online persona, although before that it was the name I had given my "subconscious". So in a way, Matthew has always been me, even if just on the inside.

• 2 weeks later...