• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

24 Months HRT, 4 Months RLT

Guest Valerie

Guest Valerie

Hello my friends. :friends:

I just got back from visiting my family in Texas for the Holidays.

My mother and my step-sister met me at the airport when I arrived. Neither of them recognized me as I walked up to them, then my sister smiled and gave me a big hug. My mother gave me a double look, then said welcome home and gave me a big hug.

I was introduced by my mother and some of her friends to everyone as "JoAnnes" daughter. That really made me very happy and even had me blushing a few times.

My mother and I had a very private Christmas day and talked about various things, along with how I was doing. Afterwards we exchanged gifts. I received a very lovely Lavendar Bathrobe, a new blouse and a few everyday items.

I went shopping two days after christmas with my sister and helped her find two lovely pairs of boots. (Nothing in my size.) My sister and I then went to a very nice little Wine Bar for some wine. We talked for several hours about my tranistion and how my life was going. We even talked about the possiblility of me having SRS/GRS towards the end of the year and where I was thinking of having it performed at.

New Years day my mother and I went to my sisters mothers house for dinner where I met my sisters daughter and her family. We had a very nice dinner, Prime Rib, Corned Beef, cabbage, blackeyed peas and potatoes. Later that evening after my mother and I had gone home my sister sent me an email and informed me of her mother and her daughters comments about me. "That both had said that I looked awesome". Her daughter, Lindsey also told her that "I was a nice looking woman".

I even found an old picture of me from 2000, when I was still in the Navy, so I added it to my timeline of pictures and added a link to it below. Now you can see a before and after picture of me.

All in all, I had a lovely time at home with my mother and family.

/Love

Valerie

Guest Karen K

Valerie,

I am going to check out your photos but first let me say how nice it is to hear something about you. And something very nice indeed. That is good news and inspires those of us come up behind you. My mom and older sister accept me 100%, it is my younger sibling that are giving me fits.

Congratulations on a wonderful Christmas. That was a gift in itself.

Laura Jane

• Admin

Thank you so much for the wonderful update, Valerie. To have such support from your family is a rare gift, indeed. May you continue to find love and acceptance on your journey to womanhood.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie