• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Is It You Like Or Desire Most About Being a Woman?

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Perhaps this topic has come up before, I'm not sure. I hope I can explain the kind of responses I'm trying to elicit.

I am not talking about wanting to feel complete, or feel feminine, or reach a goal, or become the person you have always known you were. My question is more about, what are the qualities of being female, of being a woman, that you most desire (if you're not there yet) or most love (if you've already transitioned or are almost there)? What makes being a woman unique, valuable, and important to you, as an individual?

Am I making sense? I hope so.

I'm going to start nearly the identical thread in the FtM Forum, so you guys reading, hang onto your caps. I'll be right there.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Lacey Lynne

The freedom to feel freely. The freedom to love freely. The freedom to emote freely.

Oh, yeah, the clothes ... the accessories ... the fragrances ... the spa treatments ... the sunbathing ... the girl talk ... the sandals ... the shopping ... the dining .... well, YOU KNOW!!!

Peace :friends: Lacey

Postscript:

Uhhh, feelin' good, lookin' good, smellin' good ... hee hee! :excl:

Guest cynthash

Simple answer? It's the shoes.

^That +1

To me, womanhood indicates less competition amongst peers. I see less of the "urinating contests" among women than I do men. Also, I feel that allowing for more personal vanity is more in line with my own identity, rather than the limited avenues for expression I find men allow themselves(generally speaking, that is). I'd rather be a part of a group of sisters that fuss at each other but still love each other(and aren't afraid to say it like it is), than be part of any "brotherhood" where the guiding philosophy seems to be "Every man for himself, unless it's to my advantage(and ONLY my advantage, not yours) to help you". Yes, that's stereotyping. Yes, that's not how all men are. I understand that. On the other hand, why do women complain about men if there aren't things about them that exasperate... well, anyone else, for that matter? Something at the core of masculinity is at odds with who I am so much, that I simply CANNOT move in men's circle's anymore. I tried, I honestly did. The end result for me is that, in the immortal words of my dear Lizzie here, "Girl world beats the hell outta guy world!" Why? Because it's just not where I belong, and I never will understand why anyone would allow themselves to be caught in that kind of circus of competitiveness.

Bleah. I like glamour. And if it doesn't make life better for me in some way, don't bother me with it.

My $0.02. ^_^

I really appreciate that I can express my emotions, good or bad, and ask for support when I need it. I also like a lot, getting and giving hugs to women, men whatever. I like being able to say "oh, that's sooo cute". I like that I can enjoy the full spectrum of color. I like that I can dress according to how I feel with few boundaries. I like flowers. I like taking care of myself. I like taking care of others. All without worrying what someone else might think.

Hugs,

Shari

Guest Stormrider2112

That my personality, animations/expressions, and typing/phrasing won't be "weird." :)

Example: my World of Warcraft guild thought I was actually female (I played a female Night Elf until recently...race changed her to a Worgen) from the way I typed, until one of my RL friends called me by my real name in chat...'twas awkward...especially for the lesbian guildie that wanted to get to know me more!

Guest Robin Winter

Everything, Carolyn, just...EVERYTHING. I don't focus on anything in particular, everything about women and being a woman appeals to me. I just don't know how to slice it up.

It's just what I am... what I'm supposed to be.

Everything, Carolyn, just...EVERYTHING. I don't focus on anything in particular, everything about women and being a woman appeals to me. I just don't know how to slice it up.

I'm right there with you two - a wholistic approach to it all! It might be simpler to find things that I don't like, but they're not worth thinking about either.

Well, okay, I do love seeing the transformation as my clothes, makeup and hair are readied for the day. And I do love going out in public - to work or to play... And, And, it's hard to stop...

Thanks for asking - just thinking about all of those things made me extremely happy!

Love, Megan

Guest Megan_Lynn

#1 never having to follow the man code ever again...being able to show non sexual afection to a friend without being seen as gay. The huge amount of hugs. Being able to speak with others on an emotional level. The cloths , cloths , cloths , cloths...did i happen to metion cloths...lol..Being able to finaly express myself any way I desire. No longer having to worry about how i walk, talk , move , body language..finaly its who I am.

Guest Robin Winter

You know, I did come up with something that, while I can't say is more important than other things, it's definitely something I was really looking forward to and I'm so happy it worked out for me the way it did. The female libido. I absolutely HATED having a male libido. I'm so happy with how it is for me now, I haven't lost interest in sexuality, but it's a much different experience. There's so much more adventure and imagination to it now. I wish I could get my hands on some good romance novels, because I think I could really appreciate them. My sister had a bunch when I was younger, and I actually thumbed through one that I wish I could find now, but I don't remember the author or title.

Muu... let's see~

If being a male I could wear cute pjs after shower, use fresh soap and aromatic candles, sleep with plushies, tackle hug my friends without them feel weirded, solve problems with a smile, sing with my voice which I love without freaking people, wear my hair long and style it as I want, like everything I like from my chococat cushions to cooking for my brother or chatting casually with my boyfriend, express emotions, be happy when I want to be happy, cry when I feel sad, let out a squee when something supercute appears... if I could look like me and not like a hairy bear, and wouldn't have to play those 'one more than you' games guys usually play... maybe I wouldn't have a problem being a male. But I think the person I just described would be what we normally call female :P

Guest stkristina13

I think the two thing I like most is being able to get all dolled up with the nails done, and get a beautiful dress and nice heels and hopefully one day to become that girl that walks into a room and people stop what they re doing just to look at you, i dont know if that superficial but I think that be special. Second is the friend ships that girls have with each other, un like the kind that guys have where they call eachother names and make fun of eachother for entertainment

Guest Lacey Lynne

#1 never having to follow the man code ever again...being able to show non sexual afection to a friend without being seen as gay. The huge amount of hugs. Being able to speak with others on an emotional level. The cloths , cloths , cloths , cloths...did i happen to metion cloths...lol..Being able to finaly express myself any way I desire. No longer having to worry about how i walk, talk , move , body language..finaly its who I am.

You got THAT right, Megan Lynn!!!

Agree with you all the way! We Burghers gotta stick together, babes!

Peace Out :thumbsup::friends::thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

Guest Lacey Lynne

I think the two thing I like most is being able to get all dolled up with the nails done, and get a beautiful dress and nice heels and hopefully one day to become that girl that walks into a room and people stop what they re doing just to look at you, i dont know if that superficial but I think that be special. Second is the friend ships that girls have with each other, un like the kind that guys have where they call eachother names and make fun of eachother for entertainment

Kristina:

Girl, you are SOOO cute! The rest of us just yield the spotlight to you! Shine brightly, girl!

You are ALREADY that head-turning, heart-stopping girl who paralyzes the room (in a good way!) when you walk in.

And, yeah, the sisterhood IS the bomb, right? Sure is! You're already an awesome girl, honey. We all agree on that one.

Peace :thumbsup: Lacey

• Admin

I love all these responses. Thanks so much, everyone, for putting all that thought and giggles into it. This is the most fun thread I've done in a long while.

As for me, well, I agree with most everyone about most everything. But I'll add a couple I haven't seen here yet, I don't think.

I love being told by a man that I'm pretty. :blush: And although its only been once so far, I love the feeling I got (all the way down to my toes) when a man kissed me.

I love the way I look in the morning when my makeup is fresh and my skin is soft and smooth. I love being able to have a conversation with almost any woman anywhere and feel like I fit right in, even if its talk about periods and hot flashes. :lol: I love being free to show any emotion I please, anywhere I please. I love belonging to the "woman's club." And yes, I love shopping. :D

I love all of you.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Robin Winter

Oh my god yes! Shopping! I love shopping, even if it's just for groceries. I don't know if that's exclusively a woman thing though....in fact, my wife hates shopping.

I can add to the man thing you mentioned Carolyn. If I were single, of course, I've always kind of wanted to be picked up and carried by a big strong man, like this...

couple_man_carrying_woman150px.jpg

Or even just being playful and being carried piggyback, but in a romantic playful sort of way.

Before transition I really envied the interaction between girls. I always felt an outsider when amongst a group of them. They just treated me differtly than they do each other. Once I went full-time I totally fell right into that. Now i think I kind of take it for granted. Then before surgery, I just really wanted my underwear to fit:)

• Admin

Openness with feelings, and being involved with litttle gossip and conversation that I never was able to do as a male. A new ease in talking to people. OH YEAH, my second GREAT adolescence thats going the right way!!

Guest Robin Winter

I just really wanted my underwear to fit

Hah...I can't believe I didn't think of that already....that's one of my biggest pet peeves. I have a drawer completely devoted to underwear, and it is jam packed FULL, but I don't wear about 95% of them because of how they fit.