• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"umm do you have a tampon?"

Guest mistygirl7

Guest mistygirl7

Ok so I was in the women locker room after work to work out and as I kind done changing, the girl around my age spoke up about ten feet away from me and asked me if I had a tampon she could have. I looked at her and shoke my hard and Said no sorry. So this was yet another confirmation for me that yes I do pass very well in the women's locker room. And also got me kinda thinking should I at least have or carry some tampon with me. Well I really don't need them and will be a waste of space, but at least someone may eventually ask for one like this girl did but that's a rare occasion. You never know.

Guest Elizabeth K

I carry them - not as an affirmation, but because women do often ask, I had heard. Dee Jay was asked at Jazz Fest and she told me about it, so we decided to carry those small ones made for emergencies.. It's just what we as women do, I think.

Lizzie

Guest Gregg Jameson

Congrats, Mistygirl! :D

Yes, women tend to carry these and/or tend to have some in their locker, as well as in their bathroom at home.

I have had many female friends visit in my home and ask for the same when they are in need. I also keep a few in guest bathrooms, just incase.

Glad things are going so well for you! :D

Brad

I have been asked and the answer is no. I don't carry them and won't. I don't need them and my purse is heavy enough. I don't even have them at home, no need.

We do have pads at home, but no tampons.

Congrats on being asked, you have more than arrived.

Guest Donna Jean

Last summer at Jazz Fest I got asked in the ladies room for a Tampon...

I didn't have one and I told the other lady that I was way past that now....

But, I do carry them now......

Dee Jay

Guest Lacey Lynne

Misty Girl, that rocks!

So, almost 2 years ago when I'm at the DFW Airport, I just KNEW there were awesome people in that state, and one of 'em is you. This is the best. How's THAT for validation?

Sigh, I cannot even IMAGINE that ever happening to me. Hey, I'm gonna work out tonight at the big commercial gym, and guess which locker room I'm gonna use. Sigh. Oh, well. Good thing I have scads of confidence, because those dudes could easily kill me if they wanted to.

Funny thing is I've been on HRT as long as Bette above and, I believe, as long as you too.

When I get to Seattle later this year (decided to NOT go to the big sun area to avoid impending skin cancer), I can FINALLY use the ladies' locker rooms there, because state law will protect me if I do. I'm counting the days until I can do that. You'll never see somebody more blissed out than me when I can do so too.

Love this story!

Peace :thumbsup: Lacey

LOL it is good in some ways for older sex change victims and will be for young ones when theyr older.... MENOPAUSE!

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I carry a few in my purse just in case, too. Figures the one time I get asked for one was the one time I didn't bring my purse in with me.

Also, funny story, I was at a rest area down in Florida two years ago. Late at night. I figured I'd try the tampon machine to see what generic product came out of the machines so I put in two quarters and they fell down to the bottom where the product was supposed to come out. This Asian lady (who I didn't notice) looks at me and laughs at what happened. She asked me if I needed something and I tried to make up an excuse about how I don't really need one, I can just use toilet paper, etc..etc.. (trying to get myself off the hook, here) She told me to wait here and she will run out to her car and get me one. So I waited a minute then I walked outside to see what was taking so long. Well I guess this lady was on a road trip with her husband. They had half the car unloaded in the parking lot looking for the one bag of hers with her period products. Once she finally found it she ran up to me with like 3 tampons and a pad. I thanked her very much and offered to pay her for them and she flat out refused. She went back to the car and they left.

...and I had the embarrasing misfortune of having to walk past the really cute state trooper while holding a bunch of feminine hygiene products.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZoeG360

Lizzie: That story just mad me giggle. Its just the kind of thing that would happen to me.

Just checked my purse. Tampon? Check.

Zoe

• 2 months later...
Guest Juniper Blue

You know there is nothing more "sisterly" than giving a tampon to a woman in need. You will never be short of friends if you keep stocked up on these little Barbie-Bullets. Go with OB medium ... they are more environmental, and very compact and they will get tide your new "friend" over until she finds a place to buy some ( or another woman to bum one off of.) HA!

I am so glad those days are done!

JB

Guest Juniper Blue

OH LIzzie McTrucker ... that was a great story!! See ... there is a certain herionism in sharing tampons!! ( sorry about the State Trooper ... that's about as "real life" as it gets.)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Yeah, yeah. It's funny in hindsight, just really embarrassing in the moment.

I asked one of my friends about those pad/pon dispenser machines in public bathrooms. She told me very matter-of-factly that "noone uses those". I was a little surprised. But then she told me it's because most times people break into them just to steal the quarters. So noone, unless it's a very dire emergency, uses those things.

Which is a shame because at one of the places I was picking up a load at, they had a pon machine and only charging a dime! I thought about grabbing as many dimes as I could, cleaning it out and then selling them back to my friends or random ladies who needed one for a quarter. Profit!!

Meanwhile I have bought a pad and a pon at one of those machines, just to see what they're stocked with. The pons..eh, typical playtex. The pad though had a box that looked like it was made in the early 70s. My initial thought was "omg how old is this thing?"

There is a comdradery omgsnt women around that time of the month. where i work the work force is roughly 80% female. and we are all herded into the same departments. that time of the month has synced up for most of them. even women that hate each other seemed to be a little friendlier to one another. or a kinda " don't do anything to make my period more misrable and i will do the same " vibe.

where i work tampons and pads are a necessity not for my self. but for my female coworkers. appraently ( i did not know this ) in more physically demanding jobs such as ours. it increases the amount of bleeding dramatically as my best work friend put it " i wear a pad and a super absorbant tampn , and i still feel like i am hemoraging to death " i am usually never asked because around that time of the month the other women there are fully prepared for it . some carrying 2-3 boxs of pads and tampons in thier locker and several of both on them at all

times. (don't even get me started on the amount of advile and tylenol that flies around that place )

I had stopped carrying feminine products on me quite sometime ago . for the simple fact that i was not in close enough personal contact with other women that i needed to fein having a period my self . so it felt kinda odd when the other women i know that know about me would spot them and be like " why the hell are you carrying those ? " but since working here now i have taken to carrying at least a few of both in my work bag around that time of month and i always have tylenol or ibprophen on hand.

Sakura

A joke that just came to mind that my mom told me a while ago

Two young boys enter a convient store , apon enetering they make a B line straight back to the feminine hygiene isle . after several minutes of carfully reading each box of tampons and pads they finally decided on which one they would like to buy . they eagarly take thier purchase to the chasier and laying the box on the counter . the cashier looked closely at the two. the oldest maybe 11 and the younger 8-9, as she rings up thier purchase she finally decided to ask the pair " You two do know what these are for , right ? " the oldest looks to the youngest then back to her and he says " well... no, but we saw a commercial on TV the other day that said if you buy these, you can ride a bike and go swimming ........ my little brother tommy here, he can't do eaither of those things "

Sakura

Guest Robin Winter

A joke that just came to mind that my mom told me a while ago

Two young boys enter a convient store , apon enetering they make a B line straight back to the feminine hygiene isle . after several minutes of carfully reading each box of tampons and pads they finally decided on which one they would like to buy . they eagarly take thier purchase to the chasier and laying the box on the counter . the cashier looked closely at the two. the oldest maybe 11 and the younger 8-9, as she rings up thier purchase she finally decided to ask the pair " You two do know what these are for , right ? " the oldest looks to the youngest then back to her and he says " well... no, but we saw a commercial on TV the other day that said if you buy these, you can ride a bike and go swimming ........ my little brother tommy here, he can't do eaither of those things "

Sakura

LOL

Guest Ney'ite

Oh jeez 24.gif24.gif