• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My ex thanked me for coming out to her

Guest ~Brenda~

Guest ~Brenda~

Dear All,

I came out to my ex years ago after we were divorced. Even though our divorce was basically amicable and my coming out to her was recieved with mild understanding or caring at the time, she apparantly has been struggling with the divorce for quite a while (ironic she was the one who asked for the divorce... actually demanded it). Anyway, she called me and wanted to let me know that my coming out to her has actually answered many questions she had had when we were married. For quite some time she thought that something must be wrong with her why she wanted to get divorced in the first place, but she knew something was off and getting stronger at that time. When I came out to her she did not understand, but over the years she has had time to reflect and piece it all together. She now realizes that I have to be me and she is herself. She told me that my coming out to her has really helped her to find peace (although it took a while). Coming out to her gave me peace too.

Now that I know that she grateful for sharing who I really am with her and that now gives her solace and peace,

I am very pleased and happy.

I thought I would share this because you never know how coming out can actually help others.

Love.

Brenda

I am glad you found closure Brenda. That has to give you a degree of freedom in your mind.

Also, thanks for this topic. There are many who have fear in coming out to those who were close to them. I think there is good reason to come out when it's the right time. Too often fear makes us delay our progress, and keeping secrets can be a heavy weight to bear.

Love,

Jenny

Guest Elizabeth K

Good stuff Brenda. Thanks for sharing. I am sure her better understanding eases you mind a little bit as well.

Lizzy

Guest angels wings

Aww your heart must feel good to finally have her understanding and acceptance so great to hear u have peace in ur heart .

• Admin

I am truly happy for both of you, Brenda. Your honesty brought eventual peace of mind to someone you obviously still care about, and has given you the same. That's something to be grateful for.

Coming out to loved ones is nearly always painful, and too often ends in disaster. But in the end, honesty usually benefits everyone involved. You've proved the truth in that.

Good for you, Brenda.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie