• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

28 Months HRT; 8 Months RLE.

Guest Valerie

Guest Valerie

Hello my friends;

I know that it has been awhile since my last update. Work has been rather busy and is also starting to get flustrating as well. I am sorry if this starts off sounding like a rant. It is not my intention for this to sound like a rant, just trying to update the things going on in my life.

Work;

In the last 4 months completed another Submarine Project including another Sea-Trials testing period. Three days underway with 58 hours overtime in that three days along with 6 hours of sleep. Yes, I was one very tired lady when I got back home that evening.

The people that I work with can be broken down into four groups 1) Engineers. 2) Production shops. 3) AIT [Alteration Installation Teams] personnel. 4) Submarine Sailors. 5) Management.

I get along great with all the groups with the exception of some Engineers. Yes, even the sailors on these submarines accept me as who I am.

My co-workers in Engineering, my home code which is Combat Systems, has started being a very large pain. My peers, my fellow Chief Test Engineers - Weapons Systems, have started to totally ignore my presence and my expierence in these areas. I get zero support from my home code on any project that I am assigned to work on. My supervisors have told me several times that I am "Not Telling the Truth" and have insinuated on several occassions that I am "Not Telling the Truth". It has gotten very hard for me just to go to work, However, I still do, because of the other people that I work with on the various projects. They all know who I am and they actually do support me in everything that I do. They are even very "Protective" of me sometimes. I will be updating my Resume later this week and will apply for a transfer within the Shipyard, to a different group of people. If I get this transfer it will mean less overtime and no more going to sea on submarines.

My life;

I have only been miss gendered once in the last 6 months. But, it was no big issue. I actually very politely corrected the Security Guard that I am a woman.

I have started loosing weight again, YEAH.

I recently started the "Body by Visalus" Challenge a couple of weeks ago. I have lost 15 pounds in the last three and a half weeks.

Starting Measurements;

Weight = 228lbs

Chest = 49"

Waist = 42"

Hips = 47"

Current Measurements

Weight = 213lbs

Chest = 48"

Waist = 39"

Hips = 46"

I am now wearing a 38-DD and can't wait for the girls to finally fill-in. I still get the growing pains every now and then. Several of my girl friends are pushing me to go to the beach with them while wearing a bikini. /Shivers

My last Blood Test results came back. All of my Cholesterol levels are back in the middle ranges again. Everything else was doing good as well.

In July I will have my one year post BA check-up, so far I am extremely satisfied with the results. After that check-up I will have my naval re-pierced for the third time. When I had it re-done back last November, the skin around my waist was still shrinking from my Smart Lipo. So after having my naval ring in for 3 months the shrinking of waist area actually "Pushed" my piercing out on my naval.

Next month I will start seeing my GT again. To give her my updates and discuss a couple of concerns that I have with my working enviroment. Plus I will be starting the final stages of my RLE in the next 4 months. I am trying to get my SRS/GRS letter in October. I really would love to have that letter as my 50th birthday present to myself. One thiing that my GT will require for her letter is that I complete a 25 page long exam. She actually uses the results of that test to base her asessment on for my letter. Once she gives me that okay, she will set-up an appointment with a Therapist friend of hers for his letter of recommendation, along with the letter from my Endo.

I am strongly leaning toward Dr. Preeche in Thialand for my SRS/GRS and Dr. Brassard as my alternate. A friend of mine had Dr. Preeche conduct her SRS/GRS surgery about 7 months ago and she is extremely happy with the results.

/Love you all

Valerie

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the update. It is so impressive that you have transitioned and are living as yourself in that environment. Iy's a shame about the work environment. Sometimes just one ringleader can make a situation like that and others are just being sheep. I hope you get it resolved -I can imagine the stress it causes you

Congratz on the weight loss! I know what that takes and when you are in a stressful situation particularly

Sounds like overall you are doing great. I know the weight will continue to come off and you'll meet all your goals

Johnny

Hi Valerie,

Congratulations!

It's a difficult thing with your co-workers. Are you being mistreated because you're trans, or because you're female? Engineers can be so egomaniacal - I have a degree in engineering, and worked in the field for 5 years - what a relief to get out of there! But, you're making the best of life no matter! Good for you! I do hope that you can get that transfer, though - not every place should be that toxic.

Getting that letter sounds difficult! I've never heard of an exam like that. I wonder what-all is in it? Can you share when you get it? I'm in the process of getting my letters too - but hopefully not as difficult as that.

Best of luck to you! And, please do keep us posted...

Love, Megan

Val,

Congrats on your graduation and on the pcoming next step.

I also understand the work thing. My job is giving me a hard time too.

Best of luck

Guest Donna Jean

Hello my friends;

I am strongly leaning toward Dr. Preeche in Thialand for my SRS/GRS and Dr. Brassard as my alternate. A friend of mine had Dr. Preeche conduct her SRS/GRS surgery about 7 months ago and she is extremely happy with the results.

/Love you all

Valerie

Valerie.....

I'm so sorry about the work situation.....it takes real determination to go in every day like that....show them that you have what it takes!

And Dr. Preecha is who Lizzy and I both have our letters on file with in Thailand...

But, we've decided on a doctor in Miami...it's so much closer in case of comp-lications....

Best of luck to you, Hon!

Huggs

Dee Jay

Guest Valerie

Johnny;

Thank you, for your kind words. Yes, it is a stressfull enviorment however, I have been in that type of enviroment since I joined the submarine force. It will get better.

Megan;

My supervisor (Branch Head) is a young woman. My Division Head is also a woman and she is a Lesbian as well. I personnally believe that the problem is that I am Trans. I do not talk to my Supervisor, because of her prior comments. I do talk to my Division Head alot, we do get along. She actually seems to have an understanding of what I am and have been going through.

Nova;

Thank you, Hun.

DJ;

Thank you. I know it eventually will get better at work. I am going to be keeping a lookout for the comments from both you and Lizzy about your surgeries.

Lizzy;

Thank you. I was actually very surprised a couple of months ago, while I was trying on some new dresses. I was looking into the mirror and I almost started crying when I realized that I actually did have a figure, with the curves in the right places.

I am still working toward my target weight of 170lbs.

I really have a hard time believing the BMI charts. At my current height and weight I am listed as Catagory 1 Obesity. That is on both male and the female charts. I am just not believing that I am obese. Maybe it is because of where I live, we have alot of very large people here in the islands.

/Love

Valerie

Guest Lacey Lynne

Valerie:

Hey, I agree with everybody here that you're wise to get away from that work situation ... as soon as possible. Persistence! You will prevail.

Also, weight loss and getting in shape is THE BEST THING you (or anybody) will ever do regarding their transition, in my opinion anyway. Get good and accurate information about how to work out. Start. Persist. Arrive. Remember, DIET is even more important than the exercises in getting in shape. Again, seek good and accurate information about that. Finally, it's a mental game too:

See yourself in your mind's eye always as being in the shape you want to be in! No lie. Believe it or not, that vision will guide you right toward it. Finally, regular exercising and good nutrition will become a lifestyle, and THAT'S what you want! Everything will come together for you at this point.

Finally, CONGRATS on everything! I'm impressed! So is everybody else!

Rock On :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

Guest Valerie

Lacey;

Thank you, hun.

I have been exercising now for 2 years. I forced myself to start, by parking my vehicle off base and walking to my office or job site. This is a 3 mile walk each way, not to mention all the walking around I do while inside the shipyard. I also do alot of climbing up and down the stairs in the various dry docks. So on average I walk between 7 to 8 miles every day.

My diet has really changed in the last year and a half. I eat a lot more fruits and vegetables every day, when I actually eat a meal, I can only eat half of what I use to be able to eat.

With this new diet plan, I am starting to really like it. I have 2 shakes a day and eat one meal. Substitute a shake for one or two meals each day and have a lite meal.

Beginning on June 1st, I will be starting one or two of my old exercise programs.

#1 = Start with a deck of cards. Sit on the floor or a mat. Decide which color of cards is for Push-ups and Set-ups are for the other color. (i.e. Red means Push-ups, Black means Sit-ups).

Shuffle the deck and flip over the first card. FIrst card 3 of Diamnonds. Now you do 3 push-ups, then flip the next card, Jack of Spades. Now you do 10 Sit-ups. (One push-up or sit-up for the number value of the card you flipped over. 2-9 is 2-9 push-up or sit-ups. Jack through the King are 10 each, with the Ace being 11.) This is a very good system, for it will take you a while to before you are able to go through the complete deck in one setting.

#2 = Using a Life-Cycle or something simular. Start by doing 15-20 minute sets, get off the machine and walk around for a few minutes. Then you repeat the process. Work your way up to being able to complete a one hour long set, then walk around and do another one hour set.

While I was in the Navy, while on deployment I would get bored. Then I would remember some of the exercises that I had learned from the SEAL's that use to operate on my first submarine. I would do one of the above routines for 30-60 days after each of my watches. You would be amazed how much weight and inches that you could burn off while doing these exercise routines. Also along with a healthy diet, which is a hard thing to get while under the water for long periods of time.

/Love

Valerie