• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I saw myself for the first time today

Guest NatashaJade

Guest NatashaJade

So the catheter was just just removed...going to the bathroom is now a hands-free procedure :P

xoxo

(sorry for the blow-by-blow, but this is a momentous thing in these parts)

Guest amanda_s

So the catheter was just just removed...going to the bathroom is now a hands-free procedure :P

xoxo

(sorry for the blow-by-blow, but this is a momentous thing in these parts)

glade you are feeling better but no pictures ok :D how are they treating you there

Amanda

Guest Pamela5

I am so happy for you and I felt much the same way. The long journey through doubt, depression is worth it when you are finally complete. When I first saw my vagina I cried for hours and when I first made love as a woman I felt wonderful. I promise you will find life better and better as you pursue you new life in your real gender. Soon you will forget most of the time you ever had male parts. We are so lucky nature's mistakes can be corrected.

Guest NatashaJade

I am so happy for you and I felt much the same way. The long journey through doubt, depression is worth it when you are finally complete. When I first saw my vagina I cried for hours and when I first made love as a woman I felt wonderful. I promise you will find life better and better as you pursue you new life in your real gender. Soon you will forget most of the time you ever had male parts. We are so lucky nature's mistakes can be corrected.

Thanks, Pamela.

I had what now? ;)

xoxo

Guest Elizabeth K

My four year post op friend Vee says that, that you forget you ever had male parts. It just YOU down there. This idea is one of the things that propelled my drive to be complete, to have SRS. I want to be me.

Lizzy

Guest Catherine Sarah

WOW Natasha,

What words of encouragement. Thank you so much.

If it's true that there is no gain without pain, GRS has to be the greatest gain in anyones life. I sense it is the gain that takes those who have experienced it, to beyond the unimaginable. Beyond the land of dreams. To places we've never envisaged, even beyond Paradise.

Live your new life to the fullest. You're a very lucky girl.

Be safe, well and happy.

Huggs

Catherine

Guest Elizabeth K

Tash

You are really helping Dee Jay and I - especially with the timing of everything. It gives us a hint of what to expect although of course every surgeon is a bt different,

Sigh - just like I now look in the mirror and think - "Hey there I am - that's me." I want to look down there and think the same thing. Does that make sense?

I want to feel natural and real about myself. I have wanted that my entire life.

Lizzy

Guest ShaunaMichelle

Amazing! Your post made cry, a lot, of happiness for you and excitement for my future. Congratultions and thank you so much for sharing!!!

Hugs

Shauna

Guest Catherine Sarah

Natasha,

Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you. For your courage and enthuaism to share THE most remarkable experience anyone could have.

You are a beacon to those sailing these uncharted waters.

I too, am crying buckets of tears. Tears of joy for you; knowing what a sensational life you have ahead of you.

Keep up the mighty effort, we are all with you in this.

Sigh - just like I now look in the mirror and think - "Hey there I am - that's me." I want to look down there and think the same thing. Does that make sense?

Sure does Lizzy. Makes an absolute whole heap of sense. Thinking of you as time draws near.

Be safe, well and happy.

Huggs

Catherine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest BMatthews1969

And for the first time in my life, I felt that beyond the swelling and the scars, the body I have is the body I am supposed to have. There is no feeling I can begin to describe to you that matches this one.

And even though there is pain, recovery hurts. Sometimes recovery hurts more than you can stand, there are painkillers and the promise of the next day free from a bit more of it. Today was a milestone because they removed the gauze "packing", the "lobster" and I was finally able to see my vagina...my vagina. The landscape of my body forever altered.

And so here I am in Montreal, the city of my rebirth. I, now a spiritual Québécois, spiritually bound to the other women and men who have been given new life by our surgeons, our parents, Drs. Brassard and Belanger. We laugh and cry together, knowing what it means to be reborn and grateful for whatever powers were able to bring us to this lovely city for this amazing event.

So for you, my friends. Some of you have come this way before and some will be taking a similar journey in the future and if this is your path, know that it is not easy and you will welcome the pain killers and will allow yourself to sleep the days by so that the new ones will bring less swelling...less discomfort. Something more akin to normal life. But we must suffer to transform, to be a flower of light, a fleur-de-lis. To be someone who is purely grateful for having made it through and beyond.

I am not just a woman. I am a trans woman...I have been transformed, reformed into something more beautiful than I thought I could ever be.

All my love to you.

I will not be posting a blow by blow. Rather, if you have questions, ask them in this thread or privately and I will be happy to answer.

HJust a very beautiful sentiment ...Love it !!