• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hmmm.

Sakura

Sakura, I think your original post here may be one of the most amazing I have ever read anywhere...

It works on so many levels... imagery, metaphor, conveying legitimate concern, and...candor. Most impressive. I'm glad I stopped by to read this thread. Even the title caught my attention. Well done!

LOL , nah that wasn't me being candid ....... i thought i beat around the bush about it my self ( theres another bush joke )

after mulling over it and looking at further images . i have decided it has not made a dent in my ambitions to get the surgery, what i have now just will not do. what i feel it has done is given me a clearer picture on the limitations of the surgery. and more realistic expectation of what can be done. I had the same jitters looking over boob job disasters before getting my own done. and had the same feeling of " holy hell if mine turn out looking that bad . i will have a god damn fit " but i went a head on that , and everything turned out for the best . 3 years later and it is still some of the best transitional money i have ever spent . though SRS is a far more complex surgery than breast augmentation...... i always seem to land on my feet so * crosses fingers*

Sakura

Guest DesiB

Vulvas are not something most people see on a daily basis. Even if you have one of your own, you don't get a good look at it unless you use a mirror, which is something you'll definitely be doing a lot as you do your dilations after surgery. You'll learn your anatomy very intimately and realize it can look so many ways according to the position it is in or the activity in which it has recently been engaged. It does take time for it to reach the ultimate form after healing. But I can honestly say that even though I'm not planning to make it my icon pic, I truly love the way mine looks now (at nearly 5 months). I actually find it more aesthetically pleasing than the other pics on my own surgeon's website. So don't let the online post-op pics freak you out too much--they were not taken by Hustler photographers.

Guest Pamela5

I do not think one should make the decision to have SRS based on a perfect looking vagina. I needed one to feel right and I have never been so happy. Being a severely transgendered person I hated my male parts and when Dr Bowers replaced them with a wonderful vagina I finally felt right. I am lucky that mine looks like a natal female vagina but that is just icing on the cake. I can function totally as a female, wear tight jeans and yoga pants and I have no worry about law enforcement or the TSA finding something extra between my legs. Having said that our Drs really do an excellent cosmetic job. Yesterday afternoon my lesbian sister and her partner were over for a few glasses of wine and I told them about this discussion. They suggested show and tell. The result, all agreed three very natural looking vaginas were in the room. I will admit I look at it often because It makes me feel so good to see my correct parts.